PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Kokomo

gwfranson
03-28-2008, 09:43 AM
Hello All -

I was recently driving home from work when I saw someone slipping a hood over a falcon as they were preparing to leave. That started me thinking....I have always been fascinated, even since I was a teenager, in birds of prey. The speed of the Peregrine, the power of the larger Hawks and Eagles. Very alluring.

So, I have started learning. Soaking up information and planning how I can be more involved in Falconry. I am just starting out and want to meet as many people and learn as much as I can about the sport before jumping in. I am still young, and have two young children, so it may be a few years before I have my own bird, but I would love to find someone I can tag along with...if they don't mind having a third wheel.

everetkhorton
03-28-2008, 11:36 AM
(welc)It is nice to respond to a name, you can sign your post automatically using the CP section. Game hawkers in most cases do not mind having someone tag along to beat the brush. I would suggest that you find someone and get to know them and see how you get along. That is a place to start. The hunting season is coming to an end in most State, but not all. Join the IFA, they have a late meet and a great summer picnic in the summer.

Chris L.
03-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Welcome to NAFEX. s Ev said we like our members to post with their real names. It just helps keep the garbage off the site.

We have some great information on NAFEX take a look here

http://www.nafex.net/showthread.php?t=2007

it is a good starting point and just surf around NAFEX.

Again Welcome and good luck

gwfranson
03-28-2008, 09:57 PM
Thank you for the welcome and the advice, I am very new to these types of forums, so any help is appreciated.

everetkhorton
03-28-2008, 10:02 PM
Greg:
Great Avator!