PDA

View Full Version : 6th Annual NAFEX Dinner 2014- Lubbock Tx

Chris L.
11-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Its time again to plan for the 6th Annual NAFEX dinner and raffle. As always, the raffle is free and there should be plenty of falconry gear to raffle off. You do have to pay for your own dinner, the past dinners have run about 20 dollars.

Location-
River Smiths,
406 Avenue Q
Lubbock, TX 79401
(806) 765-8164

Date- 11/25/14
Time: 5:30 PM

Please do participate in the poll if you are going to attend the dinner. It gives me a good idea of how many will be attending.

I will post when I decide on the venue location. If there are any locals that know of a great place please PM me and let me know. Rex from vernal really helped me last year and it was great to have a local resource to find a good place. Thanks again Rex for the hook up last year!

If you have not been to one of the NAFEX dinners you are really missing a great time. Its fun to put faces with the names. Everyone that comes to these is there to meet others and share in good times.

I look forward to seeing the repeat offenders beeer

The Raffle is free of charge and is made possible by the generous donations from the members and falconry business. I can't thank you all enough for donating, it really makes the dinner fun and everyone always enjoys walking home with a nice prize

** If you have anything you would like to donate to this years raffle, please email me (admin@nafex.net) or PM me (http://www.nafex.net/private.php?do=newpm&u=1)your item. You can also post in this thread if you have something to donate...Anything is greatly appreciated**

See you all there!

Chris L.
11-10-2014, 01:29 PM
I will start the donation list:

-NAFEX swag pack ( T-shirts and other things)

-Six Dogs Armory Swag pack- (T-shirts and other things)

-Six Dogs Armory Billet AR-15 Lower Receiver

:CNC milled from 7075 T6 aircraft grade aluminum billet. Manufactured to MILSPEC on state of the art CNC equipment for consistent quality parts and exacting tolerances
:Matte black hard-coat anodized per Mil 8625 Type 3 Class 2
:Precision broached magazine well with beveled feed lips
:Caliber marking of “Multi”
:Color filled

Here is a pic of a rifle that I manufacture with one of my lowers. You will not get the entire rifle, this is for the lower only. This will be a special raffle at the dinner... Disclaimer- I am licensed to manufacture firearms by the ATF, I am an 07 FFL and 02 SOT holder so I will have to ship this to an FFL of your choice and you can not be a felon or under 21 to own this.

Mike Craig
11-10-2014, 03:09 PM
Hi Chris,
I am in again this year and would like to donate a Leash system (Leash, sampo swivel, extender and jesses). Here is a photo of the system.

Chris L.
11-10-2014, 03:23 PM
Mike you rock man! Thank you so much. On a side note, Mikes gear is all I have used for years and I have never had a failure or problem. Mikes get is second to none!

Tasha55403
11-10-2014, 04:16 PM
Not sure if Brian can make it, but I'll be there and we'll donate a hood to the cause :)

Chris L.
11-10-2014, 04:24 PM
Not sure if Brian can make it, but I'll be there and we'll donate a hood to the cause :)

Tasha thank you very much, You guys make some great hoods. If you want post a pic of it.

I look forward to see you again

Mike Craig
11-10-2014, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the kind words Chris, sorry that I am missing the event.
take care
Mike

Chris L.
11-10-2014, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the kind words Chris, sorry that I am missing the event.
take care
Mike

Hey maybe next year? We will continue to have these dinners as long as NAFEX is going strong. I hope to meet you face to face soon. You have done so much for me and I would like to thank you personally and shake your hand.

have a great season

Chris

Lowachi
11-11-2014, 12:37 AM
I'm in brother. If a custom buckle works for you..... Ian's last meet before deployment, so coming ta party!!!

Chris L.
11-11-2014, 11:38 AM
I'm in brother. If a custom buckle works for you..... Ian's last meet before deployment, so coming ta party!!!

You sir are are too kind! Thank you for offering a buckle this year. Its amazing what you can do with leather. You and your family have always supported me and NAFEX and that means the world to me.

I cant wait to see you guys, we will have a toast for Ian!

Tasha55403
11-11-2014, 02:58 PM
Tasha thank you very much, You guys make some great hoods. If you want post a pic of it.

I look forward to see you again

Not sure which one I'll choose or if i'll make one specifically for the dinner yet confusedd When I figure it out though I'll post a pic here :)

Tasha55403
11-11-2014, 02:59 PM
The NAFEX dinner is definitely one of the highlights of the meet :) It's nice to meet folks you talk to all year. I think it helps keep folks polite and friendly too when they actually know each other, lol.

NMHighPlains
11-12-2014, 12:03 AM
I'll bring the usual orange equipment book which, FWIW, is probably going to be sold-out by Christmas. Full revision is in the works, but until then... I have 20 copies left and that's it.

Chris L.
11-12-2014, 12:16 PM
The NAFEX dinner is definitely one of the highlights of the meet :) It's nice to meet folks you talk to all year. I think it helps keep folks polite and friendly too when they actually know each other, lol.

Tasha, I couldn't agree more. I really feel it helps bring us all closer and keeps the drama to a minimum. We just need a campfire and a guitar beeer

I'll bring the usual orange equipment book which, FWIW, is probably going to be sold-out by Christmas. Full revision is in the works, but until then... I have 20 copies left and that's it.

Brian,

I was hoping you would be coming to the dinner. Everyone loves the orange book ;). Thank you sir!

Tasha55403
11-12-2014, 12:48 PM
The campfire might raise some eyebrows at the restaurant, but Bryan could bring his guitar!:D

Chris L.
11-12-2014, 12:49 PM
The campfire might raise some eyebrows at the restaurant, but Bryan could bring his guitar!:D

LOL, that sounds good!

COMEAUX
11-13-2014, 06:11 PM
I'm in Chris,will have something for the raffle beeerbeeer

FredFogg
11-13-2014, 07:20 PM

Hey Chris, Is the Coon Ass Boil on for this year?

Paul Ward
11-14-2014, 01:31 AM
I will start the donation list:

-NAFEX swag pack ( T-shirts and other things)

-Six Dogs Armory Swag pack- (T-shirts and other things)

-Six Dogs Armory Billet AR-15 Lower Receiver

:CNC milled from 7075 T6 aircraft grade aluminum billet. Manufactured to MILSPEC on state of the art CNC equipment for consistent quality parts and exacting tolerances
:Matte black hard-coat anodized per Mil 8625 Type 3 Class 2
:Precision broached magazine well with beveled feed lips
:Caliber marking of “Multi”
:Color filled

Here is a pic of a rifle that I manufacture with one of my lowers. You will not get the entire rifle, this is for the lower only. This will be a special raffle at the dinner... Disclaimer- I am licensed to manufacture firearms by the ATF, I am an 07 FFL and 02 SOT holder so I will have to ship this to an FFL of your choice and you can not be a felon or under 21 to own this.

That is a BEAST of a lower receiver! I'd sooner use that (along with the rest of the weapon) than the crap M-16s and some M-4s my units had!

Man, I am so bummed that I can't make the meet...one of these years it'll happen :)

Chris L.
11-14-2014, 10:29 AM

I was going to be pissed if you didn't! I have a few beverages with your name on it :D.

Hey holler at me before I leave if you need me to bring anything for the boil. I will for sure bring some propane and if you need anything else let me know

I'm looking forward to seeing you my friend.

That is a BEAST of a lower receiver! I'd sooner use that (along with the rest of the weapon) than the crap M-16s and some M-4s my units had!

Man, I am so bummed that I can't make the meet...one of these years it'll happen :)

Thank you for the kind words. I am pretty proud of the firearms that are coming out of my shop. I also do class III manufacturing as well. If you ever need anything give me a holler.

Thanks again

COMEAUX
11-14-2014, 10:37 AM
[QUOTE=Chris L.;339634]I was going to be pissed if you didn't! I have a few beverages with your name on it :D.

Hey holler at me before I leave if you need me to bring anything for the boil. I will for sure bring some propane and if you need anything else let me know

I'm looking forward to seeing you my friend.

Man an extra propane bottle would be great. are you helping this year? see ya soon have a safe trip my friend beeer

Chris L.
11-14-2014, 10:42 AM
Man an extra propane bottle would be great. are you helping this year? see ya soon have a safe trip my friend beeer

No problem I will bring a couple of bottles.

... and hell yes I am helping, I wouldn't miss it for the world! I dont have to leave until Wednesday evening this time so I can stay longer and really stuff my face with sausage.. wait, that doesn't sound right confusedd

ukroper
11-14-2014, 04:49 PM
:DI have got a British Falconers Club 2014 Journal for the raffle..:D

Chris L.
11-17-2014, 01:34 PM
:DI have got a British Falconers Club 2014 Journal for the raffle..:D

Thank you kind sir for the donation. You have always been good to the dinner and the forum, thank you for that! Are you bringing the rest of the crew?

I look forward to seeing you this year. First round is on me ;)

Please be safe in your travels!

Ally
11-17-2014, 02:13 PM
Unfortunately I don't have anything to donate, but I'll be there! Wouldn't miss it for anything. Can't wait to see everyone!

Chris L.
11-17-2014, 02:19 PM
Unfortunately I don't have anything to donate, but I'll be there! Wouldn't miss it for anything. Can't wait to see everyone!

oh snap, there goes the neighborhood!!... :D all we need is Gast now beeer

Ally
11-17-2014, 02:30 PM

Pretty sure she's going to be there too. We're doomed!

FredFogg
11-17-2014, 02:54 PM
Hey Chris, my mistake is someone else's gain! I ordered a Mike Craig braided leash system from Western Sporting thinking I was getting the same setup I had ordered from Mike in the past but it wasn't. I had forgotten that what I got from Mike was specific to my wants and needs. So I ordered what I really wanted directly from Mike and figured rather than donating some crappy paracord jesses and leash system that I make, I would donate a really nice leash system by Mike. I know he is donating something too so this way several folks will get to get some of his great stuff. I will take a picture of it and post it tomorrow.

Chris L.
11-17-2014, 07:09 PM
Hey Chris, my mistake is someone else's gain! I ordered a Mike Craig braided leash system from Western Sporting thinking I was getting the same setup I had ordered from Mike in the past but it wasn't. I had forgotten that what I got from Mike was specific to my wants and needs. So I ordered what I really wanted directly from Mike and figured rather than donating some crappy paracord jesses and leash system that I make, I would donate a really nice leash system by Mike. I know he is donating something too so this way several folks will get to get some of his great stuff. I will take a picture of it and post it tomorrow.

Hi Fred,
Thank you very much for that. You can never have too many donations, especially Mike Craig gear! :D

See you there my friend, please be safe in your travels.

Thanks again!

Lowachi
11-17-2014, 11:03 PM
bwahahaha.... 2 Table Dancers clappclappclapp

ukroper
11-18-2014, 09:25 AM
We will be there !,...I m in Tx as we speak..
Spent a really Really nice evening in Redneck Heaven last night...Niceee eye candy ! peacee

Ally
11-18-2014, 10:06 AM
bwahahaha.... 2 Table Dancers clappclappclapp

That would be the after-party. toungeout

FredFogg
11-18-2014, 11:32 AM
Here is a pic of the Mike Craig set I am donating.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/FredrickFogg/Mobile%20Uploads/CC379AC9-23E1-4066-A89A-01D94B8D1222_zps25xfwfhu.jpg (http://s261.photobucket.com/user/FredrickFogg/media/Mobile%20Uploads/CC379AC9-23E1-4066-A89A-01D94B8D1222_zps25xfwfhu.jpg.html)

Shehawker
11-18-2014, 06:37 PM
Already voted on me coming but I'll bring an extendable field T-perch for the raffle, only slightly used, figure someone else can put it to better use than its current location decorating a corner of the living room.

Chris L.
11-18-2014, 10:05 PM
We will be there !,...I m in Tx as we speak..
Spent a really Really nice evening in Redneck Heaven last night...Niceee eye candy ! peacee

Save a seat for me :D

Already voted on me coming but I'll bring an extendable field T-perch for the raffle, only slightly used, figure someone else can put it to better use than its current location decorating a corner of the living room.

Hi Missy,

Thank you for your generous donation! It really helps make the dinner that much better when everyone can walk out with something. I look forward to seeing you at NAFA

Red-tail71
11-20-2014, 10:26 AM
Throwing in a set of Anklets like these. Accompanied by a set of Counce bells! If nothing else you will get the best bells out there IMHO! See ya soon!

latham
11-21-2014, 02:42 PM
Greetings Chris and NAFEX friends! I am flying in this year so the donations will have to be airline friendly: A copy of Life with an Indian Prince, a beautiful print of a Spanish Peregrine (talented artist John Langford donated several to the Archives to be passed onto falconry events such as this - you will like this one!), and probably whatever else can be packed into the Archives' suitcase. Really looking forward to seeing you all - I must visit NAFEX at least once a day! Good Hawking, Bob

Tasha55403
11-23-2014, 01:48 AM
Have we figured out exactly where and what time the dinner is yet? :)

Chris L.
11-23-2014, 08:49 PM
David and Paul,

Im looking forward to seeing you both. Thank you guys so much for the very generous donations, I really appreciate it! This years dinner will be a blast, the donations I have received are above and beyond what I could have asked. Thank you to everyone one.

See you soon

The dinner will be held at:
River Smiths,
406 Avenue Q
Lubbock, TX 79401
(806) 765-8164

Time: 5:30

here is a link to their menu. They say the catfish it the best?? http://www.riversmiths.com/menu.php

You can walk to it from the meet hotel. It is a rocks throw from the meet hotel.

I am also moving the time so it will not interfere with the NAFA board meeting. The dinner will be at 5:30. I will be there early setting up if anyone wants to come early. We will do the drawing for the donations after everyone has eaten.

When you arrive just ask for the NAFEX party and you will taken to the room I have reserved. beeer
See you all soon

mcogar88
11-23-2014, 08:57 PM
Can I donate some beer? If that's appropriate a local brewery just released a brew called fat squirrel which I figure is falconry related.

Tasha55403
11-24-2014, 12:03 PM
That's perfect Chris, thank you!

jnelly32
11-24-2014, 08:55 PM
I'll be there and have a copy of Pitcher's "The Flying of Falcons" to donate for the raffle.