PDA

View Full Version : Howdy Y'all from East Texas

Sader762
11-14-2014, 09:47 PM
Greetings!

It seems that my daughter and I have been bitten by the Falconry bug. Our pastor (a master falconer) is always talking about hawking and it seems I'm always listening. I've always thought it would be a really cool and rewarding hobby to get into but I've been worried about the time commitment.

Well my daughter has always love and been fascinated with the outdoors and wildlife, and even wants to be an animal scientist/researcher/vet. She has really latched onto falconry and after much discussion with my wife we have decided that it would be a great opportunity for some father/daughter bonding time.

So here we are. Very interested and we have a great sponsor as well, and I got to see my first falcon duck kill today - very cool, very addicting. The next few weeks/months look like lots of hard work to get ready for our first hawk. I look forward to the family time this will give me and my daughter.

DtRooster
11-14-2014, 10:23 PM
It's always great when fathers and daughter share common ground clappwishing ya'll the best

Paul Ward
11-14-2014, 11:23 PM
Awesome, my dad lives in Tyler, and he's about to trap a RT or two. My wife and I will actually be visiting him and some other family in Tyler for Thanksgiving with 3 hawks ready to hunt! (maybe you know some nice bunny places..?)

Sader762
11-16-2014, 12:56 AM
Thanks for the welcome!

East Texas is great for squirrel hawking, rabbits are a little harder to come by, more places to hide in. (dog)

Breeze
11-16-2014, 10:51 AM
(welc) Squirrel hawking is too much fun! Enjoying this with your daughter - will be awesome!

Sader762
03-06-2015, 02:27 PM
Just an update: my daughter and I are taking our test in a little over 2 weeks from now. We are super excited and I'm a little nervous but still studying hard. I'll update after we get our results back.

kenjbro77
03-06-2015, 05:01 PM
Good Luck to you!!!!

Breeze
03-06-2015, 07:49 PM
Best wishes for a good outcome on your test results!