PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Tulsa!

Aslana
01-07-2015, 06:48 PM
Hello all. I'm so glad to have found this forum. It seems to be a terrific collection of knowledgeable helpful people! My name is Aslana, and I fly a small passage Harris Hawk. He's 8 years old and is actually a rescue. He's survived a bob cat attack, West Nile and Malaria which has resulted in his nickname of Chuck Norris. I also own an imprinted Barbary Falcon, which I got second hand. I've not been a part of the sport for very long and have soooo much to learn! I am married to another falconer and I have a daughter who wishes to start her apprenticeship soon.

When I'm not in the field with my feather-babies, I volunteer at rescue and rehab organizations for raptors as well as for dogs and cats. I am also a professional and competitive bellydancer. My non feathered-babies (other than my husband and daughter) include 2 pitbulls, a mastiff, a Hemingway Tabby, a guinea pig, and two hedgehogs.

I'm very excited that this year I'll be getting an imprinted GyrxSaker hybrid (3/4 gyr) this year!

steveo_uk
01-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Hello if you get chance you should pop up to the OFA field meet and meet some of the other falconers from the state. We are holding a joint meet with Kansas just north of the Oklahoma boarder at Cowley, details are on the OFA Facebook page.