PDA

View Full Version : Hello from southern Ohio!

funjumper
01-19-2015, 01:11 AM
Hi all! New guy here, I have always had a couple dreams in life spurred on by viewing raptors growing up. One was to fly which I have accomplished through skydiving. The other was to get involved in falconry. I am now at a point in my life where that is a viable pursuit for myself and for the health of the animal. I have had previous experience caring for other wild animals and hope that experience is somewhat beneficial.

I have been in contact with a few OFA staff and have sent in my membership application so hope that leads to getting to meet those involved and get a taste for the life/sport in the near future.

Looking forward to this journey and appreciate any and all feedback, guidance, etc.

Buckeye Falconer
01-20-2015, 02:25 PM
Hi Andrew!
Welcome to our obsession! Good job joining OFA. When you get your members list you'll notice there is a falconer not to awfully far from you on the other side of Portsmouth, Ryan, and another up in Chillicothe, Tim. Both of them are great guys and falconers. Don't know if Tim has a bird right now, but I was out with Ryan on Sunday and watched his MHH, perhaps the best MHH I've ever seen, catch 2 bunnies off the T-perch in about 15 minutes. Give him a call and I'm sure that he'll get you out in the field to see Chico do his thing.
-Joe
Columbus, Ohio

funjumper
01-20-2015, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the reply Joe! Glad to hear there are a few members down my way. Would love to get out there in the field with someone soon and see it all in person. I also spend some time up around the Cambridge area so plan to attend the field meet in Cadiz come March if possible.

Filling my time with lots and lots of reading and studying for now until able to start meeting some folks and getting out there!

Thanks again!