PDA

View Full Version : Desert Hawking II Updated

rkumetz
02-03-2015, 08:14 PM
I just got a copy of Harry's new updated version of Desert Hawking II.
He decided to do an on demand printing which should avoid the necessity
of him warehousing them under his furniture and provide an adequate supply at a reasonable price. The only ones who will be disappointed are those of us who had banked on financing our retirement with copies of the originals which
have gotten a bit pricey. I am in the process of reading through it now but he has updated a lot of information to make it even more pertinent than it was. Great work Harry!

http://www.amazon.com/Desert-Hawking-Updated-Harry-McElroy/dp/1502369397

Buckeye Falconer
02-04-2015, 10:02 AM
This is great news! I just placed my order and am already anticipating it's arrival!!! Thanks Harry!!

Martin Hollinshead
02-05-2015, 04:01 AM
Any signed copies direct from you Harry?
Martin

Buckeye Falconer
02-05-2015, 10:00 AM
Great catch, Martin! I'd definitely love a signed copy as well, if it is at all possible Harry.

hcmcelroy
02-05-2015, 10:44 AM
Martin and Joe,

Thanks for your interest.

I do not handle the books. They are sent from the web. I've signed a few when falconers send them to me with return postage paid.

Harry.

rkumetz
02-05-2015, 10:51 AM
Martin and Joe,

Thanks for your interest.

I do not handle the books. They are sent from the web. I've signed a few when falconers send them to me with return postage paid.

Harry.

You could buy the book on Amazon and have it shipped to Harry.
Go to USPS.com and you can pay for return postage to yourself and
print the label as a "PDF" file to email to Harry. Then all he needs to do is open the package, sign it, reseal it and tape the label to it before dumping it in the mailbox.

Chris L.
02-05-2015, 11:06 AM
Harry,

Congrats on getting the book updated. I know it is a daunting task to write and update these books. I for one really appreciate all of your hard work and dedication. Your writings have helped shape my falconry and I reference many times over.

I look forward to reading the new updated version.

happy hawking to you sir,

Chris

goshawkr
02-05-2015, 02:51 PM
This is great news! I will definitely be buying a copy soon.

One question though - are you willing to offer this as a Kindle book? I do love the feel of a book in my hands, and the look of a book collecting dust on the shelf.

But I also love the convience of being able to cart my entire library wherever I go on my tablet.

parabuteo.de
02-05-2015, 04:10 PM
Ordered mine a few minutes ago! Thank you Harry!!

All the Best,

Claas

jayb8008
02-07-2015, 08:27 AM
Harry, is there any chance you will be doing an on demand reprint of I and III?

den63hawk
02-07-2015, 09:06 AM
Harry, Just got my copy in from Amazon and I am looking forward to the read. I've been trying to find a copy of the original printing that would fit into my budget, but to no avail - thanks for making this new printing available. You mentioned that you have signed a few copies, and was wondering if the address inside the book is the correct address that I can use to send you my book to have signed. In advance - Thanks

hcmcelroy
02-07-2015, 11:21 AM
Dennis,

Our address is 6323 N Cottontail Trail, Kingman, AZ 86409.

Chris thanks for your kind words.

Jay, Thanks for your interest but reworking these books requires true devotion and Lord knows how much time. I'm writing an article only every few years and enjoying hawking rather than writing. At this time I'm finishing an article on this hybrid gyr x aplomado falcon. She has been fun, fast and complex. I'll ask Jones if he wants to print it in American Falconry.

Harry.

Goshawk635
02-08-2015, 10:59 PM
Harry,

Thank You for doing this. My original DHII was a photocopy I made when training my first Cooper's many years ago. I later found a copy for my library and treasure your work. I picked up a copy of the update and really appreciate your taking this on. For many of us, DHII is our favorite of the 4 books. This makes it available to so many more.

Thanks Again

Buckeye Falconer
02-09-2015, 02:17 AM
Just got mine in and it looks great Harry!! This is such a valuable resource for the falconry community. Like others have said, thank you for making it available and within reach of a new generation of us!!

FredFogg
02-09-2015, 02:39 PM
Mine arrives tomorrow according to UPS Tracking, can't wait! Thanks Harry! clapp clapp clapp

americansharpy
03-31-2015, 07:26 PM
Any chapters on Sharpies?

hcmcelroy
04-02-2015, 10:51 AM
Luis,

Yes, Chapt 9 by Dr. Kenn Tutle.

Harry.

americansharpy
04-15-2015, 12:17 PM
ok.. Ordered!!

Luis,