PDA

View Full Version : Apprentice moving to Texas needing a sponsor

JrHawker
03-12-2015, 07:57 PM
Hello. My name is Michael. I am 27 years old and currently an apprentice falconer in the state of Maryland. I have been an apprentice for a little more than two years now but my current sponsor and I do not feel that I am ready to promote to a general falconer. My family and I will be moving to Austin, TX (or the surrounding area) in seven weeks and thus I will need a new sponsor to continue practicing falconry. I was wondering if anyone here would be able to assist me in finding a new sponsor and/or what the requirements are for transferring my apprenticeship from Maryland to Texas. I am willing to provide any and all information need to make this transition smoother. You may email, call, or text me. At this time I will not list my sponsor's information until I receive permission from him to do so, though I do not foresee that being an issue. Thank you for your time and assistance.

Sincerely;
Michael Ritz
972-800-0679

Breeze
03-12-2015, 10:12 PM
Be sure to contact the Texas Hawking Association (THA). www.texashawking.org (http://www.texashawking.org) Our state has an active club and they can no doubt offer a good deal of assistance.

JrHawker
03-12-2015, 10:55 PM
Thank you for the link. I have emailed them and someone is giving me a call tomorrow. I plan on joining the THA after we make the move and get settled in.

kenjbro77
03-13-2015, 10:02 AM
If you do not get any help from THA give me a shout when you get to Austin.

xjturnerx
03-13-2015, 11:24 AM
I'm right outside of Austin

JrHawker
03-13-2015, 01:57 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind offers of assistance. I have spoke with THA and they are passing around my information and said that others may be in contact with me shortly. I have also spoken with Megan Russell and she has instructed me on the proper process of transferring my apprenticeship. I look forward to meeting with local falconers.

kenjbro77
03-13-2015, 04:41 PM
There are a number of us around the Austin area. Good luck to you! And Welcome to the town that is "Keeping it Weird"