View Full Version : Thought it was time to introduce myself.

jjohnsonfalconry
04-06-2015, 12:05 AM
Hi everyone I live in the in Minnesota I'm a general class falconer and have just finished my first season with a large female imprinted goshawk I raised and flew very successfully on rabbits, squirrels,ducks and pheasants. I also fly a 2 time inter mewed red tail hawk I fly both birds with a Jack Russell Terror. I have in the past flown 3 other red tails and a kestrel. I really enjoyed the imprinting process and I'm debating on doing a female coppers hawk this year.

I have learned a lot on here from reading everyone's post so I just want to say thanks to everyone for sharing there knowledge on here.

Justin Johnson

Ross
04-06-2015, 06:46 AM
Hi everyone I live in the in Minnesota I'm a general class falconer and have just finished my first season with a large female imprinted goshawk I raised and flew very successfully on rabbits, squirrels,ducks and pheasants. I also fly a 2 time inter mewed red tail hawk I fly both birds with a Jack Russell Terror. I have in the past flown 3 other red tails and a kestrel. I really enjoyed the imprinting process and I'm debating on doing a female coppers hawk this year.

I have learned a lot on here from reading everyone's post so I just want to say thanks to everyone for sharing there knowledge on here.

Justin Johnson

Welcome Justin, I was talking to someone recently and your name came up as doing very well with your gos and redtail. I plan on getting a Minnesota license next season, I hope to add snowshoe hare to my quarry list while I am still flying my current gos. Maybe I will get to a MFA meet where I can meet you. I haven't done been to any MFA stuff in several years in several years.

jjohnsonfalconry
04-06-2015, 07:54 AM
Thanks Ross come on up to a meet sometime I would like to meet and fly with you somtime Im still very new to this and learning as I go and having a blast.

JRedig
04-06-2015, 08:33 AM
'Sup dude, welcome. Let's see some pics in the 2014-15 shortwing season thread!

bohlander
04-06-2015, 08:56 PM
Justin,
Welcome to NAFEX. I really enjoyed seeing your gos fly @ the MFA Major Meet.
Maybe you, me & Ross can head north for snowshoe hare this coming season.
Ben

jjohnsonfalconry
04-07-2015, 12:27 AM
I'll be there for sure!!! I've learned so much from watching respectful Falconers fly there birds and give me advice on my birds I love to learn new ways of doing things I'm always trying to keep one step in front of the birds.