PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Louisiana

Tracey Smedley
04-12-2015, 09:32 PM
Hi guys,
My name is Tracey, I'm from North East Louisiana and I'm looking to learn more about falconry. I'm not yet an apprentice, I'm still gathering info but I'm very eager to learn more about this amazing lifestyle. I'm an avid outdoorsman and have volunteered in various conservation efforts over the years. Looking forward to learning more.

Tracey Smedley

DtRooster
04-13-2015, 05:07 PM
Welcome. If your an avid outdoorsman and are looking for quite the something else then you're headed in the right direction. I've just gone thru my first year with my first bird and I can't wait to do it again. For the first time in a long time I was genuinely depressed hunting season was over and am looking forward to next year like a teenager again.
I'm just south of Baton Rouge so I know little of who's up in the northern part of the state but I'd contact LDWF in your region and see if the falconry guy can point you in the right direction, if not contact Jimmy Ernst in the Hammond office. I know he was working on a revised list of state falconers possibly open to helping newcomers. If you need some more help, PM me and I'll do what I can.

FrenchHawk
04-13-2015, 07:54 PM
Contact your local wildlife agent to get a list of potential sponsors in your area and contact them. Jimmy Ernst manages the Southern part of the state, I believe it is a woman who manages the Northern half but I forgot her name.

Tracey Smedley
04-13-2015, 08:18 PM
Actually I believe I may have found a sponsor today. He is a Master Falconer of 20+ years. Now to get to studying Lol.

DtRooster
04-13-2015, 08:45 PM
Actually I believe I may have found a sponsor today. He is a Master Falconer of 20+ years. Now to get to studying Lol. Good deal. Its awesome, trust me. You're in the middle of some good country, should be plenty of this rtsqrl:D

Falconer_hopeful
04-14-2015, 10:15 AM
For the first time in a long time I was genuinely depressed hunting season was over and am looking forward to next year like a teenager again.

same here