PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Cedar Park, TX

JrHawker
05-06-2015, 11:29 PM
I realize this is probably several years past due, but I have a little down time before my life gets crazy again and I thought I owed it to this forum to properly introduce myself.

My name is Michael and I'm a native Texan. I've moved around a lot, but spent quit a bit of time just south of Dallas while growing up. We had about 10 acres of private wooded land with loads of wildlife. I used to spend some time walking the woods hunting small game such as squirrels and rabbits with a .22 and a 4/10. Every Summer my family and I would travel to the Texas coast and my father and I would get some fishing time in. After high school I joined the USMC and my extra curricular activities kind of shifted. It wasn't until a few years after I had left the service that my family and I moved to Maryland. My wife wanted the kids to know her side of the family, so we agreed on three years in Maryland. While I was there a friend of mine talked me into becoming his apprentice. At the time I didn't really have anything going on in my life and thought it would be a great experience. I've hunted with guns and traps but never with birds of prey. I've always enjoyed birds of prey and thought I might enjoy this as well. Shortly after the first year of my apprenticeship I decided I couldn't stand my dead end job any longer and went back to school for environmental engineering. I was hoping to have completed my apprenticeship before returning to Texas but that simply was not the case. I still have about 2.5-3.0 years left on my degree and decided it would be in the best interest of all parties if I take a break until I finish my degree. So here I am now, biding my time and hitting the books.

Dakota
05-07-2015, 08:35 AM
Welcome! A lot of us have our roots in Texas. I quit flying birds while I got my degree. It was worth it.

kenjbro77
05-07-2015, 02:29 PM
Welcome Michael!

Sader762
05-11-2015, 09:46 PM
Welcome!