PDA

View Full Version : Just saying Hello.

Karl Leadley
04-15-2008, 06:13 PM
Just introducing myself to the forum. I hunt and breed longwings, also hunt and working on breeding Golden Eagles. The breeding heres 95% AI.

Jimmy
04-15-2008, 06:18 PM
Another Yorkshirer! (welc)
Do you by chance know Dale Johnson?

Karl Leadley
04-15-2008, 06:24 PM
Nope afraid not. :D

Zarafia
04-15-2008, 06:39 PM
Hi Karl. (welc) Welcome to the other friendly forum.
I hope you enjoy yourself here as much as I do.
How has Heidi's mood been lately?

Karl Leadley
04-15-2008, 06:46 PM
Shes out of the pen now Mere. Aint weighed her yet but Im geussing around 14.5lbs. We have a little way to go LOL. She demolished the kitchen the other night Coffee's everywhere!!! Ooopsclapp

Zarafia
04-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Oh thats awesome. clappclappclapp. And here I thought I was the only person with a loose raptor in the kitchen. It tends to keep the house guests away. Of course your eagle probably does a better job at it than my falcon:D.
I can't imagine having fifteen pounds of raptor about the house. I don't think my pomerainians would fare too well :eek:.

Karl Leadley
04-15-2008, 06:58 PM
She was on the fist and bated! Tim seamed to think it was ammusing.

Zarafia
04-15-2008, 07:04 PM
She was on the fist and bated! Tim seamed to think it was ammusing.
fishslap Oh that Tim. He's just such a bad guy. I would have at least waited till you couldnt see before I started laughingtoungeout.

jhausman
04-15-2008, 08:12 PM
Welcome! (welc)

Lee Slikkers
04-16-2008, 07:55 AM
Welcome aboard Karl...great pics of you and the eagle during the AI process. Impressive stuff!

Karl Leadley
04-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Hoping to pick up a few new tricks. I am an avid fan of the Coopers and more than partial to a Prairie.

Chris L.
04-17-2008, 08:22 PM
Karl,
Welcome to NAFEX falconry forum. It is great to have you on here. I hope you find some useful information here and please dont hesitate to post as well. We all enjoy seeing pics and videos.

again Welcome

KidK
04-17-2008, 09:05 PM
Hoping to pick up a few new tricks. I am an avid fan of the Coopers and more than partial to a Prairie.

Welcome to NAFEX Karl!

Are there any people breeding and flying Cooper's in the UK? I am a Cooperphile myself and hope to have some success breeding them here in the state in the next few years.

Best Regards,

Falconry Equipment International
04-17-2008, 09:45 PM
eh up lad ;) hows that lovely peregrine you have ? :D

chamokane
04-18-2008, 02:21 PM

(welc) Those are two of my favorite birds too. I'd be interested to read about experiences with the Prairie in the UK.

Karl Leadley
04-18-2008, 02:45 PM
Welcome to NAFEX Karl!

Are there any people breeding and flying Cooper's in the UK? I am a Cooperphile myself and hope to have some success breeding them here in the state in the next few years.

Best Regards,
They are in a bit of a lull in the UK as far as annual production numbers go. They dont have great favour due mainly to the chamber reared birds flown being rather scatty. I'd love another one, my old female Alice is a bird Id have back in a flash. Unforunately she sercame to Asper in her third season with me.

Karl Leadley
04-18-2008, 02:46 PM
eh up lad ;) hows that lovely peregrine you have ? :D
Shes got a very happy Tiercel as a shadow and has been calling. Still time yet if they do decide to do the do Julian.

KidK
04-18-2008, 08:52 PM
They are in a bit of a lull in the UK as far as annual production numbers go. They dont have great favour due mainly to the chamber reared birds flown being rather scatty. I'd love another one, my old female Alice is a bird Id have back in a flash. Unforunately she sercame to Asper in her third season with me.

Karl,

That is tough to loose a bird like that.. Was she an imprint or chamber raised? Any photos of Alice? That seems popular name (and a good one too) for Cooper's here as well. What did you hunt with her and how did you hunt, car hawking? I'd love to hear more about her.

Attached are some photos of the passage Cooper's I have flown.. I hope to pull one this summer to imprint and fly until early winter.