PDA

View Full Version : Found Falcon

Chrismt89
06-14-2015, 01:34 PM
I have a falcon that was found from Canada. I think it is a male and if I am reading the band correctly I believe it to be a 13 year old bird. Im in NY and we believe it to be from the Ontario part of Canada. If any one has any info or might possibly know who may have lost one please contact me. Chrismt22889@gmail.com

Genova_A
06-14-2015, 10:24 PM
I have a falcon that was found from Canada. I think it is a male and if I am reading the band correctly I believe it to be a 13 year old bird. Im in NY and we believe it to be from the Ontario part of Canada. If any one has any info or might possibly know who may have lost one please contact me. Chrismt22889@gmail.com

Providing the band number to a local game warden in the location you believe it's from can lead to the owner of the bird (if correct, seeing as the bird's registration code is registered under your name once bought). I don't recall anyone here in my area that lost a falcon, but I'll keep my ears open if I hear anything. If I were you, I would check and see if the bird is from Quebec as well, as it's not that far off from NY and Ontario. At least for me, it's only 5-6 hours drive to NY and 45 minutes to Ontario, Hawkesbury.

Ross
06-15-2015, 07:28 AM
Posting a picture would help so we can get some educated guesses as to species and age. Other than the band what if any equipment it has on. Falcons can cover a long distance- it could be from anywhere in North America. Where is the bird and is it receiving proper care?

Flintknapper
06-15-2015, 07:40 AM
Post a [picture and is it a metal band or plastic?

hawking
06-18-2015, 08:48 AM
Band number please. Many breeders here keep great records and are able to trace the band. :).