PDA

View Full Version : Just finished NAF&HH 9th ed!

Lloyd
06-20-2015, 08:54 PM
It was a great read! I definitely recommend it (as everyone else has already done)! I'm not a falconer, but my girlfriend knew I had been researching it/looking to start and surprised me with the books.

I've been absorbing everything I can from the internet, but these books are incredibly enlightening. I read cover to cover and I'm sad there isn't more content! On to the next set of books!

Tony James
06-21-2015, 06:21 AM
It was a great read! I definitely recommend it (as everyone else has already done)! I'm not a falconer, but my girlfriend knew I had been researching it/looking to start and surprised me with the books.

I've been absorbing everything I can from the internet, but these books are incredibly enlightening. I read cover to cover and I'm sad there isn't more content! On to the next set of books!

Hi Lloyd,

in these days of the internet, it's easy for people to overlook books.
But frankly, I don't believe the internet comes close to being as useful to the beginner as a good book/s, which by comparison offer a clear and progressive track, following one philosophy throughout, rather than somewhat disjointed snippets.

Best wishes,

Tony.

Megapode
06-21-2015, 01:36 PM
Also, my copy of naf&hh works fine when the power goes off.
My only complaint is the 2 books
combined weigh 10.5 pounds.
The tablet I am using to write this post holds dozens of volumes and weighs 1.5 pounds.
I may start only buying digital copies of books from now on.

raptor38
06-21-2015, 10:55 PM
Just started mine a few days ago!!

Lloyd
06-23-2015, 12:14 AM
Hi Lloyd,

in these days of the internet, it's easy for people to overlook books.
But frankly, I don't believe the internet comes close to being as useful to the beginner as a good book/s, which by comparison offer a clear and progressive track, following one philosophy throughout, rather than somewhat disjointed snippets.

Best wishes,

Tony.

Tony - definitely agree with you. I went into the book having pieced together bits of info about different birds and the process of raising and handling them, but having it all presented methodically with the basics leading into specifics was immeasurably beneficial. (I went into the book wondering what the appeal of accipiters was, and left excited to eventually fly one!)

Also, my copy of naf&hh works fine when the power goes off.
My only complaint is the 2 books
combined weigh 10.5 pounds.
The tablet I am using to write this post holds dozens of volumes and weighs 1.5 pounds.
I may start only buying digital copies of books from now on.

I know what you mean with the weight... some hefty books! I do like having a book in my hands over a purely digital copy. The convenience of digital is incredible, but some books I still prefer physical copies - specifically ones I want to leave bookmarks and tabs in for easy reference.

Just started mine a few days ago!!

Enjoy! I actually am re-reading sections already (mostly on the Sharpie and Coopers right now). There is a lot of good information.

RyanAnt
06-24-2015, 10:08 AM
Ha ha! Appeal of accipiters. Self mutilation mostly. :D