PDA

View Full Version : Big hello from Hollywood,Fl

SakerDreams
08-01-2015, 01:52 PM
Hi everyone hopefully your having a great day. My name is Marcelo and I'm 28, like most here I've had a lifelong passion for raptors most likely due to the Animorphs book series lol. Anyhow I've been aspiring to become a falconer for the past 5 years or so. I now feel I have the adequate time,space and finances to commit to this lifestyle. Looking forward to meeting some amazing people and raptors on this journey of mine. Hopefully some local.

P.S. I don't mind traveling :D

SakerDreams
08-01-2015, 07:00 PM
Also here a list of material I've been reading/study. CHC study guide,The falconer's Apprentice,A Falconry Manual,The Modern Falconer, Falconry Basics and Hawking and falconry for Beginners. I'll be adding North American Falconry & Hunting Hawks once I'm finished with these, any suggestion before I take the test?

Tyme2fly
08-02-2015, 09:10 PM
Enjoy the new passion

Chris L.
08-02-2015, 11:48 PM
Welcome to NAFEX!

Good luck on your journey and thank you for saying hello

SakerDreams
08-03-2015, 11:07 PM
Thank you for the welcome guys, glad to be here :)

eli8210
08-04-2015, 07:05 AM
Marcelo,

I am just finishing up my last year of apprenticeship and can say it is well worth your time. Good luck on finding a sponsor.

SakerDreams
08-04-2015, 01:39 PM
Hey Eric thank you for the support I know this will be a lifetime adventure.

raptor rehabber
08-04-2015, 10:58 PM
I'm just getting started too, and passed the exam a couple of months back. :)

Also reading like crazy - finishing up Glasier's Falconry and Hawking, and just got the Beebe & Webster N. American Falconry & Hunting Hawks. Super excited about it.

I found the study guide here extremely helpful for the FL falconry exam: www.thesings.net/StudyGuide/setup.htm This IS a download at your risk thing, be forewarned, but I haven't had any issues with malware.

It's based off of the New York state exam. There's about 318 different questions to choose from, and you can pick different study modes, how many questions you want to test with, etc. I did practice tests pretty much every day for a few months before taking the Florida exam.

Best of luck to you!

~Tara

SakerDreams
09-04-2015, 12:11 PM
Hey guys, I've passed the state exam with a 97%. Also Tara thank you for the study guide it worked wonderful, I'm so excited to take the next step.

Tyme2fly
09-15-2015, 05:28 PM
Are you goin to the Florida Hawking Fraternity picnic ?

SakerDreams
09-15-2015, 11:04 PM
Yes I am, along with my girlfriend. Cant wait only one week left. :)

Breeze
09-16-2015, 08:20 AM
Hi Marcelo! Congrats on passing your test and have a wonderful time at the picnic!