View Full Version : Hello

joshualmullen
08-25-2015, 12:20 AM
Hello all, I am from Western Pennsylvania though currently deployed to the middle east. I spend the vast majority of my free time outside in nature whether that is spent hunting, fishing, hiking, kayaking or whatever else I love nature and base nearly all of my hobby time around the outdoors.

I have always been an outdoorsman at heart and during an off base trip I had an opportunity to see a few birds of prey at a falconry shop and was instantly intrigued. Since then I have spent every spare moment of my free time researching falconry and am on a quest to learn as much as possible before deciding whether or not this is something I want to pursue.

forensics
08-25-2015, 08:07 PM
Thank you for your service. Your in an area ripe with Falconry and the birds used there............mainly Falcons. There's a lot of dedication and work in keeping and hunting them but well worth the effort. Hopefully someone from your State will see your post and chime in as each state has specific regulations on getting into Falconry. Your State also will have a State Club as well. Once again, thank you for your service to our country and maybe someone else can chime in near your home area.

raptrlvr
08-25-2015, 10:11 PM
Joshualmullen there are a couple of falconry clubs in Pennsylvania that you can contact. You can also contact falcipiter on this forum as he is very much involved in PFHT club of Pennsylvania.

joshualmullen
08-26-2015, 12:33 AM
Thank you forensics and raptrlvr, I have actually already contacted a member of Pennsylvania Falconry & Hawk trust and I was lucky enough to get an invitation to the field during a hunt when I return home.

There is a wealth of knowledge out there just waiting for me to consume in regards to falconry, it really shows how passionate falconers are. I have already devoured one book and have a couple more on order, that said I'm sure I will have questions in the future and I appreciate the willingness to point me in the right direction.