PDA

View Full Version : Hey There

Katgirl
04-21-2008, 09:56 PM
I've really enjoyed reading the forum for about a month or so and thought I'd should finally introduce myself. I have been studying like crazy to take my apprentice test and hope to be ready to trap a red-tail in September! I have been enamored with falconry since I met a guy in high school in Colorado that was really into it. Due to time/money/kids growing up, etc. issues, now, 20 years later I finally get to do it! Oh, and that great guy that got me interested in falconry 20 years ago is now my fiance' and my sponsor (very convenient;)).
Thanks to everyone who contributes-I have learned alot, enjoyed some awesome pictures and videos-there seems to be a nice lot here!

Bodarc
04-21-2008, 10:03 PM
(welc) Kathlene

It sounds like you have a built in hunting partner. *S* Congratulations and welcome to nafex.

everetkhorton
04-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Kathliene:
Welcome, let us know how you are doing.

Chris L.
04-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Kathlene,
great to have you on NAFEX. Please dont hesitate to post. I look forward to hearing your results on the Exam. I am sure you will do fine.

What does your finance fly? Is he on NAFEX?

again welcome and good luck

Katgirl
04-23-2008, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome!
My fiance, Justin, is on here as saltriver, but he hasn't posted anything yet. He usually just reads the forum with me and patiently answers my barrage of questions! haill This stuff is too cool!

The poor man doesn't have a bird as of yet. He is waiting for his license renewal right now, as he moved from Colorado to Missouri a couple of years ago and hasn't had a chance until now to get things in order for a hawk. He flew mostly longwings in Colorado, but due to the terrain here he's going to try a Harris'.

Thanks again for the great hello, I look forward to learning a lot from the group!

KidK
04-24-2008, 04:28 PM
Hi Kathy,

Glad to see you on NAFEX with Justin. I am also glad to hear that he (and you) are ready to get back into the sport.

I hope that I can catch up with you both in the near future (ROADTRIP!)!

If Justin gets out of line, just let me know and I'll send you some blackmail photos of him ;)!

Take care!

chamokane
04-24-2008, 04:51 PM
(welc)