PDA

View Full Version : NAFEX Dinner at the 2015 NAFA Meet?

FredFogg
09-25-2015, 08:07 AM
I did a search and I didn't find a thread about the 2015 NAFEX NAFA Meet Dinner? Are we having one this year? If so, if I may make a suggestion, can we limit it to only NAFEX members? It seems like folks have heard that we give away stuff and even though they don't get on NAFEX, they come to the dinner just to get a freebie. Maybe folks have to RSVP to Chris or someone?

Also, I will be making a donation to the raffle, not sure what yet but I will come up with something.

Who else wants to have one again and who else will donate something?

Ken S.
09-25-2015, 08:42 AM
If so, if I may make a suggestion, can we limit it to only NAFEX members?

I think that was the idea, but yeah... I know what you mean. I liked the dinner for being able to meet other members that I only know from being online, but I haven't really gotten the chance to do that very much in the last few years. I definitely don't go for the free stuff, in fact, maybe if we stopped the raffle entirely maybe it would get the event back closer to it's original intent? I know it's a lot of effort, and keeps Chris and organizers from being able to fully participate and socialize for most of the dinner.

FredFogg
09-25-2015, 09:11 AM
I think that was the idea, but yeah... I know what you mean. I liked the dinner for being able to meet other members that I only know from being online, but I haven't really gotten the chance to do that very much in the last few years. I definitely don't go for the free stuff, in fact, maybe if we stopped the raffle entirely maybe it would get the event back closer to it's original intent? I know it's a lot of effort, and keeps Chris and organizers from being able to fully participate and socialize for most of the dinner.

I agree Ken, eliminate the raffle, let's just have a good time together!

Mitch W
09-25-2015, 04:55 PM
If we do have a dinner this year, I would like to see us have it early in the week. This way we could make plans to go hawking together later in the week, if anyone has interest in doing so. I have never been to a nafex dinner but would enjoy meeting you guys.

NMHighPlains
09-25-2015, 10:24 PM
I'm in favor of a straight dinner and no raffle. I mean, I've gotten some killer stuff in past raffles, but I'd rather just meet and greet.

If there IS a raffle, though, I'm in. :)

BestBeagler
09-26-2015, 08:45 AM
I have never been to the dinner yet (only been to one NAFA meet) but I like the idea of a raffle to give back to nafex. We could always do an online raffle if it's easier and there's enough interest and it's less work than a dinner raffle.

Tasha55403
09-26-2015, 11:56 AM
Then you hafta ship everything though and that will cost quite a bit. Unless you did it beforehand I guess, and then just passed everything out at the dinner...

raptrlvr
09-26-2015, 10:47 PM
Lets do away with the raffle and Fred's donation can pay for the NAFEX dinner. Actually, the raffle is nice, but, thats not why I am there.

FredFogg
09-27-2015, 08:30 AM
and Fred's donation can pay for the NAFEX dinner.

Jim, you really need to use your emoticons :D as some folks will think you are serious! LOL :eek:

Dirthawking
09-27-2015, 02:24 PM
Chris and I have actually talked about this. We were thinking about doing a pre registration only type of thing for the raffle.
Thoughts?

FredFogg
10-06-2015, 04:34 AM
Any updates? Is this going to happen? I need to know so I can pencil it in my social calendar at the meet. LOL :D

JeffNH
10-06-2015, 08:36 AM
Inquiring minds....

Also, Is there going to be a crawfish boil?

Mike Craig
10-06-2015, 10:25 AM
If you decide to have a raffle, I would be glad to donate some equipment.
Mike

wyodjm
10-06-2015, 12:11 PM
I'd be happy to donate a few items also.

ukroper
10-06-2015, 04:40 PM
Inquiring minds....

Also, Is there going to be a crawfish boil?

Do bears shit in them thar woods?????:D

Lowachi
10-07-2015, 09:04 PM
Lets do away with the raffle and Fred's donation can pay for the NAFEX dinner. Actually, the raffle is nice, but, thats not why I am there.

ys, got my vote...me either

Lowachi
10-07-2015, 09:07 PM
I've always supported Chris and Nafex anyway I can. Let me know what's happening

ukroper
10-16-2015, 03:19 PM
Do bears shit in them thar woods?????:D...

Apparently not..:(:(:(:(
...its bad news.......

Chris L.
10-21-2015, 11:50 AM
Hey guys sorry for the late reply. I have been Elk hunting these past 2 weeks and have been off of the intraweb.

I am thinking this year I will do away with the raffle but still have the dinner. I am thinking this way because last year I got a bad taste in my mouth. I had a person tell me how bad he hated NAFEX and thought it was a waste of time and energy. After him enlightening me with his thoughts he then proceeded to win the most expensive item at the raffle.

I am also noticing most only come for the free items and could careless about the dinner or the members. Some of them who are winning are not even NAFEX members and dont care to be a part of this community. Word has gotten out there is free falconry gear and its gotten away from its original intent.

I do not put the time and effort to benefit those who do not care about the community. I do this as a thank you for those who want to make NAFEX what it is. So this year I will just do the dinner. I want to get it back to the way it was and that's friends gathering to have a drink and enjoy each others company.

Once I get to the meet I will locate a place and post here as to where it will be.

I am sure the turnout will be less and that is OK with me. As I said before I want to spend time chatting and getting to know the members, not handing out prizes to those who are looking for a free handout and not be a part of this community.

I look forward to seeing all of you guys again, Its always a great time.

Tasha55403
10-21-2015, 02:53 PM
I think it'll be more fun this way. The raffle is nice, but it definitely takes time away from the socializing that can be done.

sakerjack
10-21-2015, 03:15 PM
Chris this is a great idea !! See everyone there

skooky20
10-21-2015, 03:59 PM
sounds good to me, this will be my first nafa meet and i was looking forward to meeting most of you at the dinner. can't wait

JeffNH
10-21-2015, 05:18 PM
works for me. This is my 1st meet as well. 18 days :)

joekoz
10-21-2015, 07:05 PM
sounds good to me, this will be my first nafa meet and i was looking forward to meeting most of you at the dinner. can't wait

DITTO!

Lowachi
10-22-2015, 10:52 PM
Hey guys sorry for the late reply. I have been Elk hunting these past 2 weeks and have been off of the intraweb.

I am thinking this year I will do away with the raffle but still have the dinner. I am thinking this way because last year I got a bad taste in my mouth. I had a person tell me how bad he hated NAFEX and thought it was a waste of time and energy. After him enlightening me with his thoughts he then proceeded to win the most expensive item at the raffle.

I am also noticing most only come for the free items and could careless about the dinner or the members. Some of them who are winning are not even NAFEX members and dont care to be a part of this community. Word has gotten out there is free falconry gear and its gotten away from its original intent.

I do not put the time and effort to benefit those who do not care about the community. I do this as a thank you for those who want to make NAFEX what it is. So this year I will just do the dinner. I want to get it back to the way it was and that's friends gathering to have a drink and enjoy each others company.

Once I get to the meet I will locate a place and post here as to where it will be.

I am sure the turnout will be less and that is OK with me. As I said before I want to spend time chatting and getting to know the members, not handing out prizes to those who are looking for a free handout and not be a part of this community.

I look forward to seeing all of you guys again, Its always a great time.

As long as we get a chance ta tip a couple, it works for brutha.
haill

Chris L.
10-23-2015, 12:39 PM
haill

You know it my friend! I look forward to seeing you and the family.

***I just added a poll to the thread so I can get an idea of how many people plan on attending. Please take the time to take the poll if you are coming. It really helps me and the establishment. ****

Thanks guys!

colelkhunter
10-23-2015, 01:39 PM
Of course we'll be there! Raffle is a perk but certainly not the reason most attend I would think.:D

Lowachi
10-25-2015, 06:30 PM
[QUOTE=Chris L.;361832]You know it my friend! I look forward to seeing you and the family.

Ian won't be with us as he's in Korea, but Brandon and his fiancée/bride(depending on the dayof dinner) will be with Kim & I, as well as my apprentice Colton.

See ya in a few

croelke
11-05-2015, 06:36 PM
Was a day decided? I couldn't go last year, but would like to attend this year.

Ron Clarke
11-05-2015, 07:10 PM
haill

Let me please associate myself with the sentiments of the previous brutha. Looking forward to seeing you all.

Chris L.
11-06-2015, 08:07 PM
Let me please associate myself with the sentiments of the previous brutha. Looking forward to seeing you all.

looking forward to it my friend! Hit me up when you make it. Please be safe in your travels.

Was a day decided? I couldn't go last year, but would like to attend this year.

Yes it will be Tuesday evening. I just spoke with Brandi and Mario and it doesn't look like there will be a good time that will not conflict with either the board meeting or the speaker. frus).

It will be at 530 PM. This way I people can get out of the field and come have a few drinks. If you want to go to NAFA meeting please do. I do not want to take away from that. If you do not want to go, please come and hang out. I will be finding a place tomorrow.

I will be looking to have it at a pub so we can do more drinking and socializing. If you all think later will be better let me know. Since we are not doing a raffle we can really do it anytime.

Keep an eye on this thread for more updates

[

skooky20
11-09-2015, 05:16 PM
any updates on the dinner

Chris L.
11-09-2015, 06:02 PM
Here's the final place. We will have it at the meet hotels bar at 530pm. I decided to have it at the hotel to make it more convenient for those wanting to go to the Nafa meetings and/or see the guest. I will try and get a section for us to all hangout. If not we can just meet at the bar.

See you all there

Date: 11/10/15
Place: The Meet hotel bar
Time: 530 PM-until?