PDA

View Full Version : Pre-pre-apprentice looking to learn!

Clockworkhawk
10-19-2015, 11:53 PM
Like the title says I'm in the very early stages of getting into falconry. I very much want to start my apprenticeship but due to renting and work schedule I acknowledge that now is a bad time as I could not dedicate as much time as I would like nor provide proper facilities for care of my own bird.

With that being said I have been reading everything I can get my hands on and getting involved in my local and online falconry communities. I would love to meet up with falconers around the Seattle, WA area and get to know people who share a love for the sport.

Chris L.
10-21-2015, 12:01 PM
Hi Matt,

Welcome to NAFEX! There is a ton of info contained in NAFEX to help you out. There is also an apprecntice forum on NAFEX was well.

Have you contacted the Washington Falconry association? They will be able to help as well

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Chris

Clockworkhawk
10-21-2015, 12:42 PM
Already a member! They were very welcoming even though I'm not ready to start my apprenticeship. I'll actually be going to the meet this friday which should be fun.

Thank you for the rely and suggestions. I've been rounding up all my friends to keep an eye out for falconry books and I've been combing through the forums for all the information I can find (especially the DIY stuff)

Ally
10-22-2015, 08:39 AM
Welcome Matt! Washington has a great group, you should have a lot of fun!