PDA

View Full Version : Passed the test, on to the mews.

Birdman8569
11-09-2015, 08:24 PM
Hi everyone. I'm from Augusta, Ga. I passed my falconry exam a couple weeks ago. I've found a sponsor and have been waiting to build my mews (If it will ever stop raining). I'm hoping to get a bird this season if the time permits. I've always raised quail and other game birds and I'm a avid hunter. I cant hardly wait to get into the woods and enjoy this sport.

gemiller
11-09-2015, 08:58 PM
Well you are well on your way, that's for sure! Welcome to the fun and crazy world of falconry and to the forum as well.

Breeze
11-11-2015, 12:21 PM
(welc) Raymond! You are off and running for sure! ;) Falconry. More fun than can be described! You've started on a great adventure!

Tom Scheib
11-12-2015, 03:30 PM
Congrats,,,,,,,enjoy the ride.

Windsong56
11-17-2015, 10:33 AM
I'm in the same boat except I just passed my mews and equipment inspection. My permit should be in my hand before Thanksgiving. Man, am I excited!

Windsong56
11-20-2015, 10:29 AM
I know what you mean Raymond. Down here in South Louisiana its been beautiful during the entire work week and crummy on weekends. I am working on an outdoor weathering area and permanent mews. Hopefully this weekend and next week I can get most of it done. I'm off work all next week..........now if only the weather would cooperate. I'm a VERY NEW (56 year young) apprentice. Enjoy the work and the ride!

Yancey Duplantis
South Louisiana

Windsong56
11-21-2015, 10:43 PM
I have a quick question for all you falconry veterans. When you are manning your passage redtail for the first time, when and how do you feed him his first meal? What I mean is, do you require him to jump to the fist to receive his first meal? If not, do you give tidbits located on the glove where he has to reach from the perch in preparation for the jump? Any input is appreciated. Just for knowledge.

Yancey Duplantis
South Louisiana helpp

Windsong56
11-22-2015, 12:29 AM
Hey Greg, I have a quick question for all you falconry veterans. When you are manning your passage redtail for the first time, when and how do you feed him his first meal? What I mean is, do you require him to jump to the fist to receive his first meal? If not, do you give tidbits located on the glove where he has to reach from the perch in preparation for the jump? Any input is appreciated. Just for knowledge.

Yancey Duplantis
South Louisiana helpp