PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Northern KY

zelph
12-02-2015, 09:41 PM
I just signed up to the forum and have enjoyed looking around at the wealth of information here. Trapped a FRT last week at 50 oz for my re-entry into falconry. General class on paper but after joining my son throughout his apprenticeship with an excellent sponsor, I realized how lacking my former experience was and am back to do it over and better again. Been out of the sport for 10 years but now feel like the time and life circumstances are right for me to rejoin the falconry community.
Rob Wardrop

piscivoris
12-10-2015, 05:26 PM
Like you I am a returnee to this obsession.
I started Hawking in 1965, got married in 1989, moved to NC and took up commercial fishing.
Here I am back in MD, and took up Hawking again last year.
With over 20 years previous experience I thought it would be easy.
I seem to have forgotten how to read a birds body language.
This years RT has managed to get a foot on me twice, and inflicted some nasty bites in between.
I guess this is whats meant by having some skin in the game, (mine) a couple square inches any way.
Regardless of her attempts at me, she is hunting and has captured one lge Fox squirrel, and one Bunny.
I hope you have as much fun as I am having.

rkumetz
12-10-2015, 06:09 PM
I seem to have forgotten how to read a birds body language.
This years RT has managed to get a foot on me twice, and inflicted some nasty bites in between.
I guess this is whats meant by having some skin in the game, (mine) a couple square inches any way.

Geez Bill. That sort of thing builds character. :D

piscivoris
12-11-2015, 05:09 PM
Mr. Kumetz
At 72 years of age I don't believe I need a lot more character.

I think I would rather be thought of as being an "elderly eccentric"
sort of character.
The other way is painful.

HozzyHawk
01-08-2016, 11:00 AM
I am in Northern Ky as well, Union/Florence area :) :)

zelph
01-09-2016, 10:48 PM
Independence area for my son and I...Battle ridge area off of 536. Who was your sponsor?