PDA

View Full Version : Gulf GPS vs USA GPS

rrcoati
01-12-2016, 11:04 AM
I contacted MRT regarding the differences between the two and got a roundabout answer. It was a proprietary software for Gulf customers ect.

I really would like to know what the operating differences are. They sell with 2 transmitters and one picket link. How are the two systems different? In the gulf FB page they talk about flying a drone to 3,800', how's that different to what we do.

I so badly want a GPS system for my cast just don't want to buy the wrong one.

rkumetz
01-12-2016, 12:33 PM
I contacted MRT regarding the differences between the two and got a roundabout answer. It was a proprietary software for Gulf customers ect.

I really would like to know what the operating differences are. They sell with 2 transmitters and one picket link. How are the two systems different? In the gulf FB page they talk about flying a drone to 3,800', how's that different to what we do.

I so badly want a GPS system for my cast just don't want to buy the wrong one.

This product is a whole new ball of wax. While it is very proprietary I would speculate that Pocketlink is a software defined receiver and it can
do a lot of things some of which haven't even been thought of yet.
The overwhelming number of options means that if you test everything at once with the same customers you are going to create a giant mess. It is clear that MRT is targeting their roll out to give certain customers features that are important in that region.

All I can say is that this is a big technological leap. Be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day.

goshawkr
01-12-2016, 01:07 PM
Rome wasn't built in a day.

Yes it was. And then it was expanded on....

rkumetz
01-12-2016, 01:10 PM
Yes it was. And then it was expanded on....

With all due respect to those who happen to be Italian, my experience with customers in Italy is that they don't move all that fast and take a lot of vacations. No recognizable bit of Rome was built in one day I assure you. :D

goshawkr
01-12-2016, 01:18 PM
With all due respect to those who happen to be Italian, my experience with customers in Italy is that they don't move all that fast and take a lot of vacations. No recognizable bit of Rome was built in one day I assure you. :D

Cummon, you are old to have been there. Did you miss the sign that said "welcome to Rome"? Surely that had to have been the first thing they did. Italians are great at planning.

rkumetz
01-12-2016, 02:22 PM
Cummon, you are old to have been there. Did you miss the sign that said "welcome to Rome"? Surely that had to have been the first thing they did. Italians are great at planning.

I may have missed that. When I got there it was a bad scene. I was in pain because a chariot ran over my foot and broke my sandal. frus)

rrcoati
01-12-2016, 03:08 PM
This product is a whole new ball of wax. While it is very proprietary I would speculate that Pocketlink is a software defined receiver and it can
do a lot of things some of which haven't even been thought of yet.
The overwhelming number of options means that if you test everything at once with the same customers you are going to create a giant mess. It is clear that MRT is targeting their roll out to give certain customers features that are important in that region.

All I can say is that this is a big technological leap. Be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Thanks Ron

Patience isn't my virtue. The possibilities are staggering. Opens a whole new world to flying casts.i hope more folks do it, would love more insights

rkumetz
01-12-2016, 03:12 PM
Thanks Ron

Patience isn't my virtue. The possibilities are staggering. Opens a whole new world to flying casts.i hope more folks do it, would love more insights

One really cool thing about the product is that the firmware in the transmitter and Pocketlink can both be updated in the field. When new features are released you can just "load the code" and go with it.

I would check with MRT to be absolutely sure (my lawyer likes disclaimers) but I would say you are probably safe to get the system and you can upgrade to multiple transmitters when it is released for the US market.

Wait until you can also see your dog right there on the screen with your cast!

rrcoati
01-12-2016, 04:45 PM
[QUOTE=rkumetz;366195]One really cool thing about the product is that the firmware in the transmitter and Pocketlink can both be updated in the field. When new features are released you can just "load the code" and go with it.

I would check with MRT to be absolutely sure (my lawyer likes disclaimers) but I would say you are probably safe to get the system and you can upgrade to multiple transmitters when it is released for the US market.

Wait until you can also see your dog right there on the screen with your cast![/QUOTE

Oh oh oh ........I'm spent zzzzzzz

rkumetz
01-12-2016, 06:31 PM
Oh oh oh ........I'm spent zzzzzzz

That is why they are changing their name to "Happy Endings Telemetry" :D

rrcoati
01-12-2016, 08:57 PM
Ron

All joking aside thanks for the info. You have been very helpfull.

rkumetz
01-12-2016, 10:35 PM
Ron

All joking aside thanks for the info. You have been very helpfull.

You are quite welcome. Glad to be of assistance!

Captain Gizmo
02-29-2016, 07:31 PM
Thanks Ron

The problem is that the system designers are just as staggered by the possibilities as you are. They can only go three directions at once before they get overwhelmed.

Thomas of the Desert