PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Apprentice from PA

Deevo7
01-13-2016, 02:04 PM
Hi everyone!

I hail from the greater Harrisburg area of Pennsylvania. I have been reading about falconry for quite some time now and have decided to start to make my presence known in the community. I attended the recent PFHT winter field meet and met some awesome people. Unfortunately, work called me away sooner than I wanted so I wasn't able to hit the fields. Anyway, nice to meet you all, and I look forward to lurking in the forums. I have about a hundred acres of fields that would be great for hunting, so if any PA falconers want to me meet up, send me a message!

- Devvin

raptrlvr
01-13-2016, 04:55 PM
Devvin, well, you made the right steps by going to the PFHT meet. I have a place on the Loyalsock Creek in the Williamsport area, but, I live in NM. Keep bugging the falconers that you were able to meet and go out hawking with them every chance you get. Got at least one excellent falconer right by you in Jack Hubley and several other excellent falconers just a few miles up the road from you in Seth and Michael. I know there are more, but, I can't remember their names.

Deevo7
01-14-2016, 12:20 PM
Hey Jim, thanks for the advice. I feel bad for constantly harassing people, because I know everyone has their own stuff going on. But with the apprentice model, it seems like the only way to get into falconry. The trick is finding the middle ground I guess!

Thanks again!
Devvin

gemiller
01-17-2016, 06:36 PM
I'm not too far from Harrisburg up off 81, if you want some field time come Feb/March let me know. My January is a little packed with scheduled places to be hunting ;)

raptrlvr
01-17-2016, 09:09 PM
Devvin, believe me when I say we all bugged falconers when we were just starting into the sport of falconry. You really need to show them that you are generally interested if not obsessed. When I come to Pa, I always bring my birds with me, so, if you want you can come to my place and check them out. I will be there sometime in the fall this year and I'll spend a couple months there.

Deevo7
01-20-2016, 12:06 PM
Hey Greg and Jim,

Thanks for the invite guys. I'll send some PMs your way with my contact info!