PDA

View Full Version : Newbie! And NJFC winter meet

josav
01-13-2016, 10:11 PM
Hi Joe Savastano here, from New Jersey. Master falconer, treasurer of NJFC, currently hunting a tiercel passage RTH. I have heard much about this site and thought I would see what all the talk is about. New Jersey has their winter meet coming up in Swedesboro NJ Holiday Inn, January 22-23-24. Rabbit population is great and lots of water, hopefully it will still be open by next week as long as weather continues to cooperate. Our meets are always well attended and have wonderful raffles along with interesting guest speaker and banquet on Saturday.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

Joe Savastano
Josav@comcast.net

joekoz
01-13-2016, 10:55 PM
Hey Joe. Good to finally see you on here.

Enjoyed our time together last week at the Pennsylvania Falconry & Hawk Trust meet last week, and look forward to getting together with you at the New Jersey meet.

Also just want to reiterate your comment about the rabbit population in Swedesboro this year. As I mentioned to you when we were together at the PA meet, I was hawking in Swedesboro with my Apprentice the day before the PA meet, and the bunny numbers this year are as good as they have been at the meets we held there in 2013, 2014 & 2015. The # 1 factor everyone looks for when determining whether or not to attend a meet is the availability of game, and so far Swedesboro has never let us down.

Heero
01-14-2016, 10:36 AM
Hi Joe and welcome.

Ive been hoping to attend the Jersey meet the past few years but have been unable. It appears as tho Im going to have to miss it again this year, unfortunately.

Mike

nycfalconer
01-14-2016, 11:22 AM
Welcome Joe(welc)! I'll see you at the meet