PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Arkansas (and soon to be South Dakota)

bworkman
02-28-2016, 02:58 PM
Hello Everyone!

My name is Billy Workman. I'm an Arkansas falconer. I've been flying Red-Tails and Harris' hawks for the last 10 years, and I am hard at it making a transition to long wings. I started that transition this season with a passage prairie falcon that i took in Kansas.

I am about to move from Arkansas to Rapid City, South Dakota, in March. I've been around for a decade, but I have not been active on NAFEX. Although, I have been a NAFA member since 2006.

I'll post a picture in the Names to Faces thread. Some of you may recognize me.

sharptail
02-28-2016, 09:38 PM
Hi Billy, and welcome to Nafex. Rapid should be a great place to practice falconry. What brings you to S. Dakota? I have a friend that practices at Spearfish, SD., about 50 miles west, of Rapid City. I live about 40 miles from Spearfish in Wyoming. There are not alot of falconers practicing around the Black Hills. I look forward to meeting you.

bworkman
02-28-2016, 09:43 PM
Thank you Jeff. I am moving to S. Dakota to take a new job position. I'll be managing a service department in a truck dealership (big trucks). I was wondering if there would be many falconers in the Rapid City area. I am looking forward to the new adventure and opportunity to make new friends in falconry.

sharptail
02-29-2016, 03:58 PM
There are also Forrest in Wood, to the east and John Q at Whitewood, to your west. Both haunt the grouse hawking threads, and fields.

Dakota
03-01-2016, 05:02 PM
Hey Billy, good to have another southerner headed this way. Let us know when you get into town, and welcome!

(welc)

bworkman
03-01-2016, 08:29 PM
Thank you everyone for the welcome notes. I will be in touch as soon as I get settled in.

qball
03-02-2016, 12:24 PM
Hi Billy,
Welcome to SD. Lucky... You are the last falconer SD has space for...got in just in the nick of time. Big change from what you are used to. Your H Hawks will be happy here.

bworkman
03-02-2016, 03:10 PM
Whew! I'm glad I made it in John! I don't what I would have done if there were no more open slots for falconers in SD. Probably would have had to go to Wyoming...