PDA

View Full Version : Aj's Intro

crazyfalconer
05-13-2008, 04:02 PM
Hello everyone I am fairly new here (been lurking for a bit). :D

Where to start - I am currently in Central Nebraska but started my falconry career in central Florida in 1987 and spent over 15 years of that flying passage and eyass coopers. I know this does not boast well for my intelligence but despite all common since I just couldn't lay off <<<< Big Grin>>>> I am currently flying a tiercle Gyr x Peregrine hybrid of the year at prairie chickens and sharp-tailed grouse.

Good Hawking everyone!

Aj

Anita J Johnson
crazyfalconer@gmail.com
Taylor NE

idbirdman
05-13-2008, 05:04 PM
Welcome, you will enjoy it here. STephen

Flatwater Falconer
05-13-2008, 07:39 PM
(welc)

Hi AJ!

Glad you're here.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh81/davenport88/DSCN0007-1.jpg

KidK
05-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Hi Anita!

Good to see you on NAFEX. I had been a long time RR subscriber for years and followed some of your adventures on that list.

I knew that you had moved NE and were enjoying it quite a bit. I look forward to you sharing your adventures on this list now!

BTW, get back into Cooper's.. NE would be a great state to fly them in!

Best,

kimmerar
05-13-2008, 08:36 PM
(welc) Anita. Can't wait to hear some of your stories. BTW - we LOVE pictures here!!

Bryant Tarr
05-14-2008, 01:22 AM
Hi Anita! Good to see you here. (welc)

everetkhorton
05-14-2008, 07:44 AM
(welc) AJ.

Lee Slikkers
05-14-2008, 08:04 AM
Welcome Anita, great to see you here!

crazyfalconer
05-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Thank you so much for warm welcome- I do appreciate it. Ms. Donna Vorce told me about this group -with the highest of raves.... Please be patient with me as I learn to navigate this site and get a feel for the group dynamics.. Thanks again everyone you are very kind....
Aj
Anita J Johsnon
Taylor, NE

everetkhorton
05-15-2008, 06:12 PM
AJ:
Trying to get a feel for this groups dynamics will give you sore hands! :D
We have cover everything from snakes to old jeep and motor cycles to hand guns plus more. You may get pokes once in a while just to see if it make you jump. Enjoy and join the fun.

crazyfalconer
05-16-2008, 12:16 AM
Thanks Everett---I will keep that in mind. As for getting picked on here and there that goes with the territory does it not? BTW just for the record I do play well with others and can take a joke....<<<Grins>>>
Aj

AJ:
Trying to get a feel for this groups dynamics will give you sore hands! :D
We have cover everything from snakes to old jeep and motor cycles to hand guns plus more. You may get pokes once in a while just to see if it make you jump. Enjoy and join the fun.

crazyfalconer
05-16-2008, 12:26 AM
Kory,
Although I still love coopers'- there is not much of a point- once migration kicks in there would be nothing to fly at in our area. Honestly if you are not flying grouse you just are not flying your bird...

Besides my tiercle Gyr X Peregrine- he is just starting to be real fun. I always thought I could not walk and chew gum, but am getting better at it as I go...:D With any luck the molt will be fast and we will be out in the field soon... I have the molt blues already... gurrrrrrr
Aj

Hi Anita!

Good to see you on NAFEX. I had been a long time RR subscriber for years and followed some of your adventures on that list.

I knew that you had moved NE and were enjoying it quite a bit. I look forward to you sharing your adventures on this list now!

BTW, get back into Cooper's.. NE would be a great state to fly them in!

Best,

goshawks00
05-16-2008, 06:16 AM
Man AJ , you may have to get out more!!! The fields are ripe with jacks, CT, and pheasant-- galore... at least in the Nebraska I know...

You need a nice wired goshawks... You know the kind you hunt for an hour and carry a sack... not the kind you hunt for an hour then get out of the car for the slip... esp @$4.00+ a gal.
toungeout
Barry

Chris L.
05-16-2008, 06:40 AM
AJ,
great to have you on NAFEX. We are a laid back group and just enjoy Bs'n about falconry. I hope you enjoy the forum and dont hesitate to ask if you need anything. I look forward to your posts, we always love pictures. Good luck with the long wing. It sounds like you have a great season ahead of you

again Welcome to NAFEX

crazyfalconer
05-17-2008, 04:30 AM
Barry,

Actually about an hour and a half south from here you would be 100% correct - near Kearney but here unless you want to drive over 50miles a field the only thing you will find is grouse.. Honest - cross my heart..... there are some places you will find quail or an occasional pheasant but not regular enough to warrant owning a coopers'. We actually even got rid of our awesome 9yr Gos as it took much longer to flush out 2 bunnies (CT) with the help of our JRT than to hunt 2 falcons at grouse. Guess it all depends on where you are standing..... That is OK ---it is a blast..... One has gotta hawk what is in the area.... Cheers... Aj

Man AJ , you may have to get out more!!! The fields are ripe with jacks, CT, and pheasant-- galore... at least in the Nebraska I know...

You need a nice wired goshawks... You know the kind you hunt for an hour and carry a sack... not the kind you hunt for an hour then get out of the car for the slip... esp @$4.00+ a gal.
toungeout
Barry

crazyfalconer
05-17-2008, 05:04 AM
Thanks Chris for the offer but I am one of those crazy people who has to learn 'puter stuff in my own way... (too may years working with coopers' to be wired like everyone else I guess) Besides you would make it look to easy and then the other half would want to join.... <<grins>>

Actually I stated my bird's age wrong in my intro - he is currently in his first molt - guess technically the birds of the year are now being hatched. I am sorry to be miss leading there.. It will be interesting to see what he looks like with his ritz-y adult plumage. Hubby is flying my tiercle's bigger sister..... they are night and day to look at them... ( honest they really are clutch mates) A couple of folks have asked for pics so I thought I would ablidge....

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k141/crazyfalconer/2007Nov1707Riddick1.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k141/crazyfalconer/14Feb2008191.jpg

AJ,
great to have you on NAFEX. We are a laid back group and just enjoy Bs'n about falconry. I hope you enjoy the forum and dont hesitate to ask if you need anything. I look forward to your posts, we always love pictures. Good luck with the long wing. It sounds like you have a great season ahead of you

again Welcome to NAFEX

crazyfalconer
05-17-2008, 05:09 AM
Hey Ms Donna,
You better keep an eye on me and make sure I do not go hog wild with the pics you know how I can get... <<Grins>>>

(welc)

Hi AJ!

Glad you're here.

KidK
05-17-2008, 07:15 AM
B-E-A-utiful birds AJ! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Sounds like you are in the zone now and officially a long winger (ugh)crazyy. Don't worry, we won't hold that against you!toungeout

crazyfalconer
05-18-2008, 12:51 AM
Kory - LMAO----- and I thunk'ed I was "touched or at least special" crazyy when I was fly Coopers', now you are telling me I am slipping further down the slope? :eek: OMG-- what to do??? Toss DOWN a Rum & diet coke and it will be all good, me and the "kids" will be out hawking. <<<gins>>>

B-E-A-utiful birds AJ! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Sounds like you are in the zone now and officially a long winger (ugh)crazyy. Don't worry, we won't hold that against you!toungeout

Flatwater Falconer
05-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Anita - go ahead and post the photos. You do take great shots. The community here will be happy to see them. However, post them under the photo heading - not here in your introduction post. That way more folks will enjoy them.

crazyfalconer
05-23-2008, 03:06 AM
Thanks my lady I will do that once I get my head untucked. Am quitting smoking and having a real hard time.....frus About all I have time or energy for is the falcon and the 4 legged kids... One day this will all be far behind me, till then I am having to lay low in the hopes of not sharing my less than upbeat attitude....

everetkhorton
05-23-2008, 08:32 AM
AJ
Great you are trying to stop smoking. Keep at it and good luck. I stopped when the raised the price to .52 cents a pack. I thought who would ever want to pay that much to smoke. Put the money you are saving in a can and watch it grow. If you need someone to blow off steam, give me a call. You could also post how you feel, it may help other trying to do the same thing.thumbsupp