PDA

View Full Version : Failure to communicate

DtRooster
07-08-2016, 09:11 PM
Why can I not respond to a thread in the classified section. Do I need Hilliary grade security clearance or what?

Ducksanddogs
07-08-2016, 09:23 PM
I believe only mods or the person who created the thread can respond in the classifieds section...

DtRooster
07-08-2016, 09:47 PM
I see that now, weird. PMs only I guess. Delete as necessary

rkumetz
07-22-2016, 10:23 AM
I believe only mods or the person who created the thread can respond in the classifieds section...

I believe that to be the case. I am not sure why it is set up that way unless to prevent people from hijacking a classified thread with a "hey I will sell you mine cheaper" or something like that.

ArcheryTalk uses the same software and you can respond to a classified thread there so it doesn't have to be that way.

I am still hoping that notifications start working again. I like to just get an email when someone responds to a thread I am watching.

JRedig
07-22-2016, 10:51 AM
I believe that to be the case. I am not sure why it is set up that way unless to prevent people from hijacking a classified thread with a "hey I will sell you mine cheaper" or something like that.

ArcheryTalk uses the same software and you can respond to a classified thread there so it doesn't have to be that way.

I am still hoping that notifications start working again. I like to just get an email when someone responds to a thread I am watching.

The forum is due for some updates that chris has to do. He's got some stuff going on, so it might be a little while yet.

Ducksanddogs
07-22-2016, 01:57 PM

I think a lot of forums do it out of respect for other people listing ads. Consider that every time someone makes a comment on a thread in the classifieds section, it goes to the top.

Since you're familiar with archerytalk, you'll note that a new thread is on page three within 30 minutes. I actually prefer not being able to comment on classified threads for this reason. When I was looking to sell my bow, I gave up after the first few "ttt" posts in the first few hours just to keep my ad somewhat current.

NMHighPlains
07-23-2016, 01:03 AM
Since you're familiar with archerytalk, you'll note that a new thread is on page three within 30 minutes. I actually prefer not being able to comment on classified threads for this reason. When I was looking to sell my bow, I gave up after the first few "ttt" posts in the first few hours just to keep my ad somewhat current.

I always used "Search" to dig for what I wanted. With a 26.5" DL, I can't count on finding anything "current". And by digging, I usually found sellers willing to bargain.

I've bought 6-7 bows on AT, 3 of which I still have.