PDA

View Full Version : Another Update

Chris L.
08-14-2016, 10:06 PM
Hello all,

NEW update: 8/14/16

I am sorry I have been off of NAFEX For a bit. I have had some major family issues arise and I have been dealing with them. They are not cleared up but I finally found some free time to address some of the minor glitches on NAFEX.

I updated the entire software and I think I worked most of them out. You should be getting notices again about thread subscriptions and PM notices. I also fixed the change password/lost password function. There are a few others that I also fixed.

If you are noticing any other glitches please post in this thread. If I do not get to it right away please know I will do my best to get to them. Like I said I am dealing with other issues that are requiring my time

Happy hawking,

Chris

SkyRider
08-14-2016, 10:09 PM
Thanks, Chris! Any luck fixing the issue blocking new sign ups?

460shooter
08-14-2016, 10:10 PM
Couldn't mark all forums read at bottom of the page. Said something about an invalid security token??

Thanks for your time and work on this site.

Chris L.
08-14-2016, 10:13 PM
Thanks, Chris! Any luck fixing the issue blocking new sign ups?

That should be good to go.. if not let me know

Couldn't mark all forums read at bottom of the page. Said something about an invalid security token??

ok let me have a look.

Thanks man!

Chris L.
08-14-2016, 10:15 PM

Hi Paul, where is that option on the page?

Chris L.
08-14-2016, 10:16 PM
never mind I found it.. let me take a look

Chris L.
08-14-2016, 10:39 PM
OK I fixed the "forums read" bug

460shooter
08-14-2016, 11:00 PM
Thank you sir!

Mike Craig
08-14-2016, 11:19 PM
Hi Chris,
I appreciate all you are doing for the falconry community.
thanks
Mike

Chris L.
08-14-2016, 11:58 PM
Hi Chris,
thanks
Mike

HI Mike,

Thanks so much for the kind words. It's my pleasure furthering the sport we all love so much, I wish I could do more

JRedig
08-15-2016, 12:23 AM
rockon

Wolfe
08-15-2016, 01:54 AM
Chris, Just want to say thanks for this site and the time and effort you put into it for everyone's ( and my ) benefit. I check it about every day. Its an addiction. My humble gratitude. Jim Wolfe

Chris L.
08-15-2016, 07:35 AM
Chris, Just want to say thanks for this site and the time and effort you put into it for everyone's ( and my ) benefit. I check it about every day. Its an addiction. My humble gratitude. Jim Wolfe

Hi Jim,

I really appreciate that, thank you! I hope NAFEX will continue to be a valuable resource for falconers. It's amazing what the site has become after all these years. I never imagined when I first started NAFEX that it was going to become what it is today.

I also couldn't do it without the mods, they are here behind the scenes making sure all is running well. Thanks guys!

GreenHawk
08-15-2016, 07:35 AM
Chris,
Thanks for everything you are doing and have done. I am sure what we see as members barely scratches the surface. If you ever need anything just ask. If you are ever in the area, I owe you a couple cold ones! Hope all turns out ok on the family stuff. Thanks again!

Chris L.
08-15-2016, 07:38 AM
Chris,
Thanks for everything you are doing and have done. I am sure what we see as members barely scratches the surface. If you ever need anything just ask. If you are ever in the area, I owe you a couple cold ones! Hope all turns out ok on the family stuff. Thanks again!

Hi Robert,

Thank you so much for the kind words and taking the time to post them. I will take you up on the cold beer for sure! Thank you for using NAFEX and your support, I really appreciate it!

If you are ever near my neck of the woods hit me up, I happen to have a fridge full of cold beer :D

Breeze
08-15-2016, 10:00 AM
Hi Chris!

Thanks for all you do, keeping NAFEX up and running. REALLY appreciate your efforts. Heading over to make a donation to the site - has been awhile since I've done that!

Chris L.
08-15-2016, 11:41 AM
Hi Chris!

Thanks for all you do, keeping NAFEX up and running. REALLY appreciate your efforts. Heading over to make a donation to the site - has been awhile since I've done that!

Deb,

thank you so much for your continued support. I really appreciate you donating and also being an active member. Without you all the site would be worthless.

Thank you again for your generosity

Chris

rkumetz
08-15-2016, 12:01 PM
Woo hoo! I seem to be getting notifications when someone posts in a thread that I am watching.

Thanks!

goshawkr
08-15-2016, 12:13 PM
Hi Chris,
thanks
Mike

Yep. What he said.

Chris L.
08-15-2016, 12:33 PM
Ron and Geoff,

Its my pleasure. Let me know if you see anything that may need my attention

update:

I just fixed the bug that involves the "mark forums read" in the quick link drop down

FredFogg
08-15-2016, 12:34 PM
Chris, you da man! Thanks! clapp clapp clapp

Chris L.
08-15-2016, 12:40 PM
Chris, you da man! Thanks! clapp clapp clapp

Hey how I read that is drinks on you at NAFA peacee

FredFogg
08-15-2016, 03:03 PM
Hey how I read that is drinks on you at NAFA peacee

Bottled water for everyone! LOL

wingnut
08-15-2016, 03:57 PM
Thanks Chris, after months of being locked out of NAFEX and unable to set a new password I'm back. We all understand that family comes first. Hope things are improving on that front.

AdamS
08-15-2016, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the updates, praying for whatever the situation is.

Tony James
08-15-2016, 06:56 PM
Hello all,

NEW update: 8/14/16

I am sorry I have been off of NAFEX For a bit. I have had some major family issues arise and I have been dealing with them. They are not cleared up but I finally found some free time to address some of the minor glitches on NAFEX.

I updated the entire software and I think I worked most of them out. You should be getting notices again about thread subscriptions and PM notices. I also fixed the change password/lost password function. There are a few others that I also fixed.

If you are noticing any other glitches please post in this thread. If I do not get to it right away please know I will do my best to get to them. Like I said I am dealing with other issues that are requiring my time

Happy hawking,

Chris

Hi Chris,

minor issues on a forum, even nafex, are unimportant by comparison to major family issues.
So please, be well, and worry about us when things have worked out for the best for you.

With my best wishes,

Tony.

HawkinCrazy
08-18-2016, 11:53 AM
Hey Chris,

Just wanted to let you know, after logging in, I get an incorrect URL error. It opens fine on my phone, but my computer and work computer get the error.

Hope everything at home is progressing in the right direction; I know how difficult family issues can be.

rkumetz
08-18-2016, 12:06 PM
Hey Chris,

Just wanted to let you know, after logging in, I get an incorrect URL error. It opens fine on my phone, but my computer and work computer get the error.

Hope everything at home is progressing in the right direction; I know how difficult family issues can be.

My computers seem to work fine. Try this URL: http://www.nafex.net//forums.php

Ducksanddogs
08-30-2016, 12:25 PM
Hey Chris,

I got email notifications of PM's for about 3 days and then they disappeared again.

mjh1990
08-30-2016, 01:33 PM
I can't get an avatar to upload

Breeze
08-30-2016, 01:37 PM
Hey Chris - Hope things on the home front are getting better.

LarkoftheRiver
09-10-2016, 12:07 PM
I can't get an avatar to upload
I still can't as well.

Lowachi
09-11-2016, 08:46 AM
Thank you for all you do buddy, but like they said, take care of family first.

Mike Craig
09-11-2016, 10:36 AM
Hi Chris,
Thanks for all you do and have done for providing a forum where falconers are able to exchange ideas. We all appreciate your work.
Mike