PDA

View Full Version : PA Falconry & Hawk Trust / PFHT-Picnic / Aug. 2, 2008

RTJim
05-22-2008, 11:30 PM
Picnic
The "Picnic" is an annual event usual held in the end of summer. It's a way for fellow falconers to keep each other sane after the end of a long moult. The highlights to this event or good food and great company.

The 2008 Picnic will be held at Pinch Pond on Aug. 2, 2008. If you have any questions please contact the Jack Hubley (http://www.pfht.org/contact.php?person=Eastern-Director).
Picnic Flyer Coming Soon.
http://www.pfht.org/photos/dsc_0232.jpg
Picnic 2007

primos
05-22-2008, 11:59 PM
hey jim...what do you mean about the end of a long moult??? i just got my first primary today...

RTJim
05-23-2008, 04:50 PM
hey jim...what do you mean about the end of a long moult??? i just got my first primary today...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:D My FRT lost 3 tail, 2 primarys +..:eek:..gos @ 1 tail 6 secomdary's & 1 primary....hopefully more soon....Cheers...;)......jm

RTJim
06-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Apprentice Workshops
:D Eastern: Ash Carey / Contact Person (http://www.pfht.org/contact.php?person=Eastern-Director) for the workshops.haill
(welc) Aug. 2, 2008, Pinch Pond Campground, Manheim, Lancaster County. This workshop will be held in conjunction with the annual PFHT Picnic.

Contact Jack Hubley for more information: 717-627-2605.

RTJim
07-31-2008, 12:42 PM
(welc)
Pig Roast / Summer Picnic / Apprentice Workshop ;)

www.pinchpond.com (http://www.pinchpond.com)

8-10 am Apprentice Workshop (pre-register)
Ash Cary @ 717.380.1092 or 717.627.2605
Slow-roasted Pig & corn on the cob + all the trimmings
10am Board meeting
Children & Adult activities
1pm Feast
3pm Geral meetingDirections: Pa turnpike to Leb/Lanc. exit, take Rt. 72 south approx. 1 mile, turn right on Pinch Rd., Cross over the turnpike and you are there! :D (dog)

YARAK191
07-31-2008, 02:16 PM
I See A Golden Eagle In That Pic!!
Who?

Where Did It Come From?
I Would Love To See It Take Game Someday.

zx2run
07-31-2008, 02:16 PM
I wish i could come this year :(dohh

RTJim
07-31-2008, 02:42 PM
I See A Golden Eagle In That Pic!!
Who?

Where Did It Come From?
I Would Love To See It Take Game Someday.

(dog) Come to PA and we will take you out with the GE...........jm

YARAK191
07-31-2008, 03:33 PM
MAYBE A TRIP IN OCTOBER.
Where did it come from(an egg) :Di know!!!

Is it yours?
So im in my first year (inspection is monday) but have you trapped or taken gos from your area??
That is what my goal is after my 2 season apprenticship. RICH

RTJim
07-31-2008, 04:03 PM
MAYBE A TRIP IN OCTOBER.
Where did it come from(an egg) :Di know!!!

Is it yours?
So im in my first year (inspection is monday) but have you trapped or taken gos from your area??
That is what my goal is after my 2 season apprenticship. RICH
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
confusedd I believe the GE is from Wyo...several years ago. It is not mine but do hunt frequently with her(GE) i.e. fox & groundhogs mostly.

Most Gos's are from further north in PA. Flying a Gos is much different than other BOP... so learn all you can before getting one. We fly at least 3 every saturday from November to March. In fact our group has at least 13 birds to fly on Saturdays so we need to start early. We meet for breakfast...decide what game and who is flying first etc. and then sometimes we need to split up but it is a tight group and we all are hunters and try hard to produce game for all birds flown. We are unusual as we habe a mini meet every week during the season and keep specuial hunting spots just for saturdays so we have game to chase all year.......:D..............jm

RTJim
07-31-2008, 10:49 PM
(welc)

Pig Roast / Summer Picnic / Apprentice Workshop ;)

www.pinchpond.com (http://www.pinchpond.com)

8-10 am Apprentice Workshop (pre-register)
Ash Cary @ 717.380.1092 or 717.627.2605
Slow-roasted Pig & corn on the cob + all the trimmings
10am Board meeting

Children & Adult activities
1pm Feast
3pm Geral meetingDirections: Pa turnpike to Leb/Lanc. exit, take Rt. 72 south approx. 1 mile, turn right on Pinch Rd., Cross over the turnpike and you are there! :D (dog)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
toungeoutOne more day to the PFHT Picnic!!!!haill

YARAK191
08-01-2008, 10:27 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
confusedd I believe the GE is from Wyo...several years ago. It is not mine but do hunt frequently with her(GE) i.e. fox & groundhogs mostly.

Most Gos's are from further north in PA. Flying a Gos is much different than other BOP... so learn all you can before getting one. We fly at least 3 every saturday from November to March. In fact our group has at least 13 birds to fly on Saturdays so we need to start early. We meet for breakfast...decide what game and who is flying first etc. and then sometimes we need to split up but it is a tight group and we all are hunters and try hard to produce game for all birds flown. We are unusual as we habe a mini meet every week during the season and keep specuial hunting spots just for saturdays so we have game to chase all year.......:D..............jm

I will keep in touch yall have it togather up there. RICH:D

Ted Bell
08-01-2008, 01:38 PM
Hey Jim-

Is Marek Platter still hanging around up there?

-Ted

RTJim
08-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Hey Jim-

Is Marek Platter still hanging around up there?

-Ted
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes...........jm