PDA

View Full Version : No Longer Able To Post Photos

wyodjm
10-20-2016, 10:19 PM
I wasn't able to post a photo today. It wasn't too large. I've posted many in the past. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Icantmove
10-21-2016, 12:53 AM
https://imgur.com/register

Edit:
[image removed; I think that word is Spanish for "shouldn't be on NAFEX"]
Yep, it works.

Edit 2:
http://i.imgur.com/IEwvwRF.jpg

wyodjm
10-21-2016, 07:49 AM
???

FredFogg
10-21-2016, 07:56 AM
???

Dan, she posted a picture and then removed it and posted another to show that pictures can be posted. I think! LOL

You definitely have to look at the size of the picture before trying to upload if you are doing a direct upload. If you are using Photobucket or some other photo app, just check out the link. With Photobucket, use the IMG link.

If you want, email me the photo you are trying to upload and I can take a look at it and see if I can get it to work. fredfogg@live.com

BrianD
10-21-2016, 10:03 AM
Dan, I could not post a pic yesterday either. It seems to be working fine today.

Chris L.
10-24-2016, 12:12 PM
Let me know if you are still having issues.

NAFEX supporting members can upload direct from their CPU instead of having to use offsite hosting

wyodjm
10-24-2016, 01:19 PM
Let me know if you are still having issues.

NAFEX supporting members can upload direct from their CPU instead of having to use offsite hosting

Hi Chris:

No, I still can't. I'm getting this response: "Upload of file failed."

I'm also making sure I'm below the allowed file size. It has me a bit perplexed.

Thanks,

Dan

Chris L.
10-24-2016, 05:56 PM
Hmm that's weird. I will have a look at the sever side of it

Thanks Dan

Chris

Red-tail71
10-24-2016, 06:50 PM
Hi Chris:

No, I still can't. I'm getting this response: "Upload of file failed."

I'm also making sure I'm below the allowed file size. It has me a bit perplexed.

Thanks,

Dan

Ditto!!!

wyodjm
10-24-2016, 07:08 PM
Hmm that's weird. I will have a look at the sever side of it

Thanks Dan

Chris

Thanks Chris. Please put this at the very bottom of your to do list. It's no big deal. I appreciate the response. I know you are busy.

Hope to see you at the NAFA Meet. I'm going to run down for a day to pick up some pigeons from a friend. And say hi to some old friends.

Thanks again Chris. All my best.

Chris L.
10-25-2016, 10:23 AM
Thanks Chris. Please put this at the very bottom of your to do list. It's no big deal. I appreciate the response. I know you are busy.

Hope to see you at the NAFA Meet. I'm going to run down for a day to pick up some pigeons from a friend. And say hi to some old friends.

Thanks again Chris. All my best.

Hi Dan,

No worries about me looking into it, I am happy to help. It looks like it may be a server setting issue. I am seeing hte path that the images are supposed to be uploaded to on the server has changed. I can't control that, the sever owner will have to correct it. I have an email into him and I am hoping he can shed some light on why the path was changed. I will let you guys know

Yes lets meet up at NAFA for sure. Its always nice to be able to catch up outside of NAFEX. Will be flying any birds at NAFA?

Please be safe in your travels

Chris

wyodjm
10-25-2016, 01:55 PM
Dan, she posted a picture and then removed it and posted another to show that pictures can be posted. I think! LOL

You definitely have to look at the size of the picture before trying to upload if you are doing a direct upload. If you are using Photobucket or some other photo app, just check out the link. With Photobucket, use the IMG link.

If you want, email me the photo you are trying to upload and I can take a look at it and see if I can get it to work. fredfogg@live.com

Hi Fred:

I forgot to thank you for your offer to help. Forgive me. I appreciate the offer. I think there's something going on beyond my capabilities. Thanks again.

All my best.

Red-tail71
10-25-2016, 10:27 PM
No worries about me looking into it, I am happy to help. It looks like it may be a server setting issue. I am seeing hte path that the images are supposed to be uploaded to on the server has changed. I can't control that, the sever owner will have to correct it. I have an email into him and I am hoping he can shed some light on why the path was changed. I will let you guys know

Chris

Seems to be corrected, thanks Chris!

Chris L.
10-26-2016, 10:30 AM
My pleasure. Let me know if you all see anymore problems

Thanks and happy hawking

Chris

wyodjm
10-26-2016, 03:53 PM
Yes, things are working fine now. Thanks Chris.

All my best.

Chris L.
10-27-2016, 11:44 AM
Thanks Dan!

Where can one find such a fancy falcon ;)

FredFogg
10-27-2016, 03:27 PM
Hi Fred:

I forgot to thank you for your offer to help. Forgive me. I appreciate the offer. I think there's something going on beyond my capabilities. Thanks again.

All my best.

No problem Dan, anytime! Hope to see you in Elk City, try and drop by the day we have the NAFEX get together.

FredFogg
10-27-2016, 04:07 PM
Thanks Dan!

Where can one find such a fancy falcon ;)

I have a similar falcon Chris! LOL

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/FredrickFogg/Mobile%20Uploads/BFEAA3E5-CCE6-4BB3-BAAA-A304054DC08F_zpsppxz3uaj.jpg (http://s261.photobucket.com/user/FredrickFogg/media/Mobile%20Uploads/BFEAA3E5-CCE6-4BB3-BAAA-A304054DC08F_zpsppxz3uaj.jpg.html)

Chris L.
10-27-2016, 04:48 PM
Lol... I'm always late to the party beeer

jdrmd
10-27-2016, 06:22 PM
Cool looking bird, Fred. Did you use a BC when you trapped it or is it an imprint?

FredFogg
10-27-2016, 09:50 PM
Cool looking bird, Fred. Did you use a BC when you trapped it or is it an imprint?

Hard imprint!!!!!

defalconer1
10-27-2016, 09:59 PM
WOW! Great lure birds!!!

Tasha55403
01-31-2017, 02:51 PM
Can y'all still post pics? I haven't been able to upload pics or even use the Insert Image with a FB link for a couple weeks now...is it me (have I posted too many pics???) or a forum thing?

wyodjm
01-31-2017, 03:59 PM
Can y'all still post pics? I haven't been able to upload pics or even use the Insert Image with a FB link for a couple weeks now...is it me (have I posted too many pics???) or a forum thing?

Hi Tasha. No. It worked for a while but quit again I haven't been able to upload pics for several weeks. If I remember correctly, Chris said there were server issues. But don't quote me!

However, I have been able to (and still can) post pics on NAFEX via Photobucket. You may want to look into that. Give it a try. Photobucket is free to use.

All my best,

Captain Gizmo
01-31-2017, 04:41 PM
Any time some net service is "FREE" I wonder just how fiendish their method of making money off of me really is.

Egads,
Thomas of the Paranoid Posters

Quote from the founder of Intel "Yes I am paranoid! The question is, am I paranoid enough?"

goshawkr
01-31-2017, 05:53 PM
Any time some net service is "FREE" I wonder just how fiendish their method of making money off of me really is.

Egads,
Thomas of the Paranoid Posters

Quote from the founder of Intel "Yes I am paranoid! The question is, am I paranoid enough?"

With most of them, the fiendishness ends at running ads in front of your eyeballs while you are on their site. Some of them get moderately to extremely obnoxious with the ads. But ads are a time tested way to fund free media, such as the moron box in the corner.

Falconer54
01-31-2017, 11:57 PM
Had and have lots of problems with photobucket. Last year had to restore my computer once in a while. One time let it go to long, virus took over, had to install new operating system. Started having problems again this year, but restore computer to earlier point every two or three times I use photobucket. One thing I learned, clicking off the adds immediately. Left photobucket on once, came back and had all this crap going, and a DNS unlocker add that kept popping up slowing down my computer more as time went on. I never leave photobucket open unless I am on computer at that moment. Just need to be careful. Maybe it is just me!

Tasha55403
02-01-2017, 02:20 AM
The method used to upload pics from Photobucket is the same as Facebook, I think. Insert Image. I don't think it would make a difference which I used and I've been trying to avoid Photobucket. Posting pics here, on our website and on FB seems like plenty to me :)

Red-tail71
02-01-2017, 06:11 AM
I sent Chris a PM the other day. I haven't heard anything as of yet. I am sure he has bigger fish to fry. I absolutely hate Photobucket! I have never seen another web site try to open so many ads and back side windows in my life! Hopefully we can download straight to NAFEX soon. I am about done with loading them through Photobucket.

wyodjm
02-01-2017, 10:01 AM
Hi folks. The Photobucket route was just a suggestion as an alternative. I'm not a huge fan of Photobucket either. For the reasons already stated.

Best,

AdamS
02-01-2017, 10:44 AM
I never have figured out how to post pictures!

Chris L.
02-01-2017, 10:54 AM
Sorry guys. Hang in there a little longer with the pictures. I about have all of the data moved To a new server. This all takes time so nothing is lost.

You can use other 3rd party hosting site too besides Photobucket.

I am doing my best and hopefully will be back to the way it was

Thanks for understanding

Chrisn

Red-tail71
02-01-2017, 11:01 AM
Sorry guys. Hang in there a little longer with the pictures. I about have all of the data moved To a new server. This all takes time so nothing is lost.

Thanks for understanding

Chrisn

Thanks Chris!

wyodjm
02-01-2017, 11:32 AM

Thanks for understanding

Chrisn

Hi Chris:

No worries. I appreciate everything you do. Thanks again.

All my best,

Tasha55403
02-01-2017, 02:24 PM

Thanks for understanding

Chrisn

Ah, cool, no worries Chris :) I was thinking maybe I'd used my allotted "space" and was trying to figure out how to clear some room, lol.

Toadstool
02-01-2017, 06:04 PM
Thanks Chris! You're doing fine, I appreciate the site and the work that it's upkeep entails.

LarkoftheRiver
02-05-2017, 12:45 AM
On Photobucket: I had many issues with viruses on it. I hated it, the layout too clunky in all honesty as well. I use Imgur to upload all my images. Works just as well, in my opinion, and its also free.

Red-tail71
03-19-2017, 08:28 AM

Thanks for understanding

Chrisn

noideanoideanoideanoideanoidea

Toadstool
04-15-2017, 10:56 AM
I hate using Photobucket, gotta find another hosting site I guess until this site gets fixed up!

Captain Gizmo
04-15-2017, 11:59 AM
I hate using Photobucket, gotta find another hosting site I guess until this site gets fixed up!

I am allergic to any web "service" that does something for "free". They are making money of off me one way or another or both, and I don't think I want to find out how.

Regards,
Thomas of the Distrustful

Toadstool
05-12-2017, 04:58 PM
Very true, mostly with very annoying ads that they place RIGHT on the edge of the button you're trying to click hoping you'll miss by a millimeter (which inevitably happens on a phone or something finger operated)... Drives me nuts.

Chris L.
08-09-2017, 06:34 PM
let me know if anyone is having trouble with posting photos. The new software should have fixed that

Chris

keitht
08-09-2017, 07:45 PM
Photobucket now requires paying a rather hefty fee before you can use it to link images on a forum. Thousands of forums now have broken links to previous images that no longer show up.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/06/photobucket-complaints-over-charging/

Chris L.
08-09-2017, 07:53 PM
I am hoping that the photo bucket option is no longer needed. This is why I have removed it. Please let me know if you can upload directly

keitht
08-09-2017, 08:24 PM
It works with a host. Now I'll try one without.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4306/35710441132_3655d3b836_c.jpg

keitht
08-09-2017, 08:28 PM
I'm not seeing a way to upload directly from your computer? Am I missing something?

Chris L.
08-09-2017, 09:58 PM
Hi keith,

I forgot I still have it set to direct upload for supporting members only. Since photo bucket has pulled these shenanigans I will make it so all can direct upload. I feel it was a good perk to those who said thank you and donated as pictures do take up bandwidth and space, which cost me more money. But after all of this and with photo bucket I want NAFEX to not deal with any problems ever again even if that means more money for me. I want nafex to stay intact and not have to worry about any third party get rich quick schemes or hackers

I will update when I make it that all can upload directly.

Tasha55403
08-09-2017, 11:48 PM
Uploading pics directly is working for me! Thank you Chris!!!

keitht
08-10-2017, 08:59 AM
Hi keith,

I forgot I still have it set to direct upload for supporting members only. Since photo bucket has pulled these shenanigans I will make it so all can direct upload. I feel it was a good perk to those who said thank you and donated as pictures do take up bandwidth and space, which cost me more money. But after all of this and with photo bucket I want NAFEX to not deal with any problems ever again even if that means more money for me. I want nafex to stay intact and not have to worry about any third party get rich quick schemes or hackers

I will update when I make it that all can upload directly.

I have no problem with donating to the cause !

Chris L.
08-10-2017, 09:03 AM
No Kieth please don't take it as a post to get donations. I do this cause I want to give back to the community I enjoy and the sport I love. I just wanted everyone to have a little history on the why's of NAFEX

i will work on this today for eveyone

thank you

chris

Chris L.
08-10-2017, 09:04 AM
My pleasure Tasha. I am happy to hear it's working.

Thank you for letting me know

keitht
08-16-2017, 06:35 PM
I only get "invalid file" when I attempt to download a jpg image from my laptop.

Chris L.
08-16-2017, 09:36 PM
Keith please email me the picture you are trying to upload and let me see what extension it is. Admin@nafex.net

Chris L.
08-16-2017, 10:40 PM

Chris L.
08-16-2017, 10:41 PM
Rick

they uploaded perfectly from my phone. I will try CPU in the AM. It's something on your end I am assuming

Falconer54
08-16-2017, 11:14 PM
Yes Chris, I checked my settings for NAFEX to see if I had something wrong or blocking me from uploading pictures. Maybe you can find something out. Very frustrating. Thank you

FredFogg
08-17-2017, 12:12 PM
Are you flying a cast this season Rick? Pretty cool! Someone else on here is flying a gyr/pere and a pere/prairie cast. Fell in love watching Sterners video's!

Falconer54
08-17-2017, 01:28 PM
Well Fred, looks like it. Had different plans, but my friend bowed out this year, so I have two young birds. The tiercel was kept in the chamber as he was not going to be hacked. He has really been messing up the hack, but I might have him on track again and be able to fly then together. This story is in the longwing thread, and with pictures now.

Chris L.
08-17-2017, 01:33 PM
Rick

try again. I may have found the problem

keitht
08-18-2017, 07:24 AM
Chris: Looks like it works now.
Thanks for working on it! It's hard to imagine how much time you devoted to this project.

The only issue I'm seeing now is that my subscriptions aren't working.

Toadstool
08-18-2017, 09:49 AM
Glad its working again. Thanks so much!