View Full Version : NEW to the forum

porter1985
01-05-2017, 12:28 AM
hello everyone, my names Jeff I'm from nc,usa. I joined up to read and collect as much info as possible. I have been researching falconry for about 2 years now and I am currently looking for a sponser. in the process of building my 12x12x10 mews.

I hope you guys don't mind I hang around, read up and pick your brains!

any info on possible sponsor would be great, I will be attending the nc falconers guild meeting in Denton, nc this month.

thanks again

Jeffrtsqrl

gemiller
01-05-2017, 11:48 AM
Welcome to the forum Jeff. You're surrounded by some excellent dirt hawkers that you should definitely search out and get hunting with. Good luck on the journey.

FredFogg
01-05-2017, 02:33 PM
Hey Jeff! Have you contacted the NCWRC? If not, they will send you a packet with a list of potential sponsors. I would also advise you to join the NCFG, which you may have already done as they can help guide you to a potential sponsor. One more little piece of advice, I wouldn't proceed too much on building your mews yet as you will be better off waiting until you find a sponsor to give you advice on how it should be constructed and layed out. It is too late this year to get started for this season so I would spend the rest of the season going out hawking as often as you can with other falconers and wait until spring to start collecting equipment, building your mews and taking the apprentice test. I won't be at the Denton meet as I have to work that weekend but you are welcome to come see my setups and equipment and go hawking when I am off work. I live in Winston-Salem.

porter1985
01-05-2017, 03:26 PM
Welcome to the forum Jeff. You're surrounded by some excellent dirt hawkers that you should definitely search out and get hunting with. Good luck on the journey.

Thanks Greg, i really hope to meet alot of people

porter1985
01-05-2017, 03:31 PM
Hey Jeff! Have you contacted the NCWRC? If not, they will send you a packet with a list of potential sponsors. I would also advise you to join the NCFG, which you may have already done as they can help guide you to a potential sponsor. One more little piece of advice, I wouldn't proceed too much on building your mews yet as you will be better off waiting until you find a sponsor to give you advice on how it should be constructed and layed out. It is too late this year to get started for this season so I would spend the rest of the season going out hawking as often as you can with other falconers and wait until spring to start collecting equipment, building your mews and taking the apprentice test. I won't be at the Denton meet as I have to work that weekend but you are welcome to come see my setups and equipment and go hawking when I am off work. I live in Winston-Salem.

Hey Fred yes sir i have joined NCFG, ncwrc doesnt actually have a packet anymore, i spoke with a lady whos supervisor is Darren he said all the info can be found on the website.. the only thing i have constructed is the foundation and drainage for cleaning the cage. i would enjoy meeting you and seeing your setups! thanks so much for that! i was afraid i couldnt make the meet until i realized its only 45min from me. so that works out great. thank you for all the advice! i appreciate everyone here helping me!

jeff

Breeze
08-16-2017, 07:46 AM
(welc) to NAFEX, Jeff! Great place to be; you'll find tons of threads to read that will answer many of your questions. Falconry is amazing. Welcome to the sport and enjoy the journey! :)