View Full Version : Greetings from New Jersey

Ereese
02-27-2017, 08:49 PM
Hello everyone! My name is Elisha, I am a 34 year old guy from NJ, married, no kids. I work as the director of an inpatient drug and alcohol program. I grew up on a small farm and have been around various animals for my entire life. I have experience with horses, goats, chickens, pigs, snakes, arachnids, lizards, etc. I have always been fascinated by raptors, but over the past 2 years I have slowly moved toward becoming a falconer. I joined the NJ Falconry club and attended the winter field meet. I also joined NAFA and have bought several falconry books and I plan on taking the test soon.

Anyway, thanks for all the information provided on this forum. I also will be looking for a sponsor soon. If anyone is near Monmouth county NJ I would be more than happy to meet up and learn anything falconry related!

Elisha Reese

yosemity71
02-27-2017, 10:41 PM
Hi Elisha, welcome to NAFEX and falconry! I am glad to hear you joined the club and made it to winter field meet. Hopefully you got out and saw some hunts. Our season is starting to wind down now, only about a month left. Our next club event will be the summer picnic, hopefully you can make it. I know we have some falconers not too far from you, so you should be able to hook up with someone to hunt with. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Ereese
02-28-2017, 01:45 PM
Yes, I got to go out with a couple people at the meet on Saturday afternoon. It was amazing seeing the hawks in action. I am scheduled to take my exam next Wednesday! I definitely plan on attending the summer picnic. I heard that you guys used to roast a pig? If you are interested I have a roasting box and I usually pick up a few feeder pigs at auction in the spring. I wouldn't mind roasting the pig for the club if there is a need.

gemiller
02-28-2017, 02:06 PM
Welcome to the region! NJ has some class act falconers and is one of the most welcoming groups of people as a whole I've come across.

I'm glad you made it to the NJ meet and got to get in the field, that meet has probably one of the highest birds flown to game taken ratios of the meets I like to attend.

Good luck on the test on Wednesday!

yosemity71
02-28-2017, 02:33 PM
Glad to hear you were able to get out at the meet. We had a great year with the amount of people that attended & the amount of game that was taken! Good luck on your test, if you have been studying, you should have no problems passing it. We have done pig roast in the past for our summer picnic. As it gets closer, we can discuss it for this year, thanks for the offer! It would be a little bit of a ride for you, but if you want to tag along on a hunt in the next few weeks, just let me know.

Greg, you & the rest of the Pa. gang are a great addition to our meets! I am glad you guys made it again this year & were successful in taking game. Looking forward to seeing you guys again next year.

Ereese
02-28-2017, 11:06 PM
Hey, I'd love to tag along on a hunt. I took my hunter education course near atco, and I would definitely be willing to make the trip. What's the best way to contact you?

yosemity71
03-01-2017, 07:30 AM
Hey, I'd love to tag along on a hunt. I took my hunter education course near atco, and I would definitely be willing to make the trip. What's the best way to contact you?

I sent you a PM.