PDA

View Full Version : New to falconry in VA

wphillipsoutside
03-09-2017, 05:47 AM
My name is William and I'm newly introduced to falconry. As a child I read everything I could on raptors and falconry, and I gladly paid the late fees to the Bowie Public Library[emoji16] .

At 38 I have started the journey. I'll try to keep you posted.

I attended two VFA events this year, and was graciously welcomed by everyone and learned more from two hunts and talking to some highly skilled falconers than I could have dreamed. I witnessed two kills and got a taste of why humans have done this for thousands of years.

-William

Buckeye Falconer
03-11-2017, 01:51 AM
Welcome William to our obsession! Sounds like you're well on your way and that you've already the Virginia state club. If not, they will be invaluable as you navigate the process to becoming licensed. Good luck!

Red-tail71
03-11-2017, 07:31 AM
My name is William and I'm newly introduced to falconry. As a child I read everything I could on raptors and falconry, and I gladly paid the late fees to the Bowie Public Library[emoji16] .

At 38 I have started the journey. I'll try to keep you posted.

I attended two VFA events this year, and was graciously welcomed by everyone and learned more from two hunts and talking to some highly skilled falconers than I could have dreamed. I witnessed two kills and got a taste of why humans have done this for thousands of years.

-William

Welcome to Falconry and NAFEX William. The VFA is a wonderful organization and has some great Falconers! Enjoy the Journey and I HOPE to meet you at one of the VFA events in the future. Take care!

wphillipsoutside
03-11-2017, 09:29 AM
Thanks Joe and Dave! The folks ive met so far have been gracious with their time and very kind.

Dave, my parents and sister and her family live in Centreville, another brother and family live in Church Hill, and another brother lives in Queenstown with his wife. They are all "Chicken Neckers", though since we grew up on the western shore.

Next hunting season, we should link up. I have some property in Centreville and in Barclay with some game.
-William

Red-tail71
03-11-2017, 03:43 PM
Thanks Joe and Dave! The folks ive met so far have been gracious with their time and very kind.

Dave, my parents and sister and her family live in Centreville, another brother and family live in Church Hill, and another brother lives in Queenstown with his wife. They are all "Chicken Neckers", though since we grew up on the western shore.

Next hunting season, we should link up. I have some property in Centreville and in Barclay with some game.
-William

LOL! That's very cool William! I like to more kindly call them "Come Heres" vs being a "From Here" now. Chicken Neckers was the term my Grandaddy used. "Foreigners" was the term my great Grandfather used. lol! We have come a long way! It's a shore thing! Haha! Yet a great place to live. Sounds like a plan man! We can certainly get in the woods and fields to do some hawkin! Have a great off season and maybe I will see you at the VFA picnic this summer!

wphillipsoutside
03-11-2017, 03:46 PM
I am sure I will be there! 👍

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Breeze
08-18-2017, 07:26 AM
Welcome to NAFEX, William! Enjoy your journey!