PDA

View Full Version : GPS System with Apple Watch

FredFogg
09-13-2017, 08:16 AM
Question? Since the GPS system works with the iphone and ipad, will it also work with a gps/cellular Apple watch?

jaredharris
09-13-2017, 08:46 AM
Question? Since the GPS system works with the iphone and ipad, will it also work with a gps/cellular Apple watch?

come on Fred they just announced it yesterday!

Seriously though how cool will that be? I really hope so

rkumetz
09-13-2017, 09:59 AM

It might it uses a compatible version of IOS but are you going to carry around a microscope to see the screen?

Geez Fred I thought you of all people had more sense than to buy apples anywhere but at a fruit stand!

FredFogg
09-13-2017, 12:12 PM
Ron, I don’t carry my iPad when I am using my gps system, I start it at the car and leave it there. If I were to loose my bird (hasn’t happened yet, but it will), I just go back to my car and get the pocketlink and iPad and go get the bird. If I could use a watch, now that is the size of something I want to carry in the field. I bought a holder that will strap to my vest that I saw one of the guys in Europe using to hold the pocketlink so I probably will be using my new iPhone X with it in the field this year. Yep, you read that right, I use Apple products! Why, because I can! toungeout

Captain Gizmo
09-13-2017, 05:13 PM
I bought a holder that will strap to my vest that I saw one of the guys in Europe using to hold the pocketlink. toungeout

Fred,

The Plink goes into a pocket sewn onto you hat (with a snap flap).

Regards,
Thomas of the Desert

rkumetz
09-13-2017, 05:22 PM
Ron, I don’t carry my iPad when I am using my gps system, I start it at the car and leave it there. If I were to loose my bird (hasn’t happened yet, but it will), I just go back to my car and get the pocketlink and iPad and go get the bird. If I could use a watch, now that is the size of something I want to carry in the field. I bought a holder that will strap to my vest that I saw one of the guys in Europe using to hold the pocketlink so I probably will be using my new iPhone X with it in the field this year. Yep, you read that right, I use Apple products! Why, because I can! toungeout

I was talking to Doug Pineo about making a pocket for the Pocketlink that would go above the game pocket in his vests but I am not sure if he finished it. That is the best place for it - high in the back.

Here you go: https://youtu.be/sjlHnJvXdQs

Captain Gizmo
09-13-2017, 11:46 PM
I was talking to Doug Pineo about making a pocket for the Pocketlink that would go above the game pocket in his vests but I am not sure if he finished it. That is the best place for it - high in the back.

Ron and Fred,

I still like my idea of a pocket for the Plink sewn onto your hat. :D

Regards,
Thomas of the Desert

FredFogg
09-14-2017, 06:18 PM

Here you go: https://youtu.be/sjlHnJvXdQs

Yeah, everybody makes fun of Apple and they laugh all the way to the bank. They should have used the Honey Badger guy to do that video, it would have actually been funny then.

Here is what I ordered.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CJ79VY8/ref=s9_dcacsd_dcoop_bw_c_x_2_w

falcondoc
09-24-2017, 04:22 PM
These work great and are available at Bass Pro Shops for about $13.00. They even have a small interior pocket that holds the yagi-to-Pocketlink cable that Marshall supplies.

falcondoc
09-24-2017, 04:27 PM
The case includes a heavy duty clip on the back that can be oriented vertically or horizontally. It fits perfect on the strap of a Pineo hawking vest.

BestBeagler
09-27-2017, 04:44 PM
Tim, Thanks for sharing looks perfect!