PDA

View Full Version : Hello

outhawkn
03-02-2007, 06:59 PM
Hello to all you Falconer type people.
I am new to this site, but have been flying birds since 1969/70. To long ago to remember! I fly'em all. Longwings,shortwings, broadwings.
I have a small peregrine breeding project.

Bill

everetkhorton
03-02-2007, 07:39 PM
Bill
Welcome to the site. There are some other breeders on this site. Where do you live. How about telling us something about yourself and what you are flyilng now. My name is Everet Horton and I am from Mi. My main quarry is Sqrs and I have a FRT. named Tony Hawk, We had a real good season this year. Our season just ended. Please feel free to post anytime.

`Chris L.
03-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Bill, welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy the site and post often as you like. What type of peregrines are you breeding. Are you breeding any other raptors.

Welcome to the site

outhawkn
03-02-2007, 09:50 PM
Thank you for the welcome. Not much to tell about me... I was flying an anatum until I decided to watch her fly off into the wild blue yonder. Was a new bird for the year and had been doing great. Forgot the transmitter but decided to fly anyway. I preach all the time to these young guys that think telemetry is part of the ART in falconry. And well that was end of that! But thats ok I dont mind returning one back to the wild now and then. She was an agressive game hawk and should do fine. But was going to add new blood to the breeding project. I have one pair of pure northern anatums , and one pair of anatum X peales, and an imprint female prairie. A couple others as well but they really dont belong to me until I produce young out of them and "payback" the guys who loaned them to me.Dont want to get into breeding any more than that. Peregrines are starting to talk to each other so am hopeful!

Bill

`Chris L.
03-03-2007, 08:27 AM
Bill,
Do you AI or do you have copulating pairs? I am interested to see how the tri project goes. You may create a nice hybrid.

Do you incubate or let the mothers incubate.? do you have any pcitures of your breeding project. I always like to see what others are doing?

I hope the peregrine gods look upon you this year [smilie=icon_thumright.gif]

everetkhorton
03-03-2007, 11:49 AM
Hey Chris:
Why not keep this site abreast of your breeding project. There are a lot of people out there that know nothing about breeding raptors. [smilie=eusa_think.gif] Breeders have there own lingo, like AI. [smilie=dontknow.gif] I know what it mean but I bet some don't. I think a lot of people would appreacate [smilie=eusa_clap.gif] (spelling?) the breeders effort a lot more if they new all the work that is involved.

`Chris L.
03-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Ev,

well mine is a work in progress for sure. I will take your advice and start to post some more pics and such of my birds. My some of the other breeders would Like to share as well.

thanks for the ideas

Andrew
03-04-2007, 01:23 AM
Hello Bill, you started falconry the year I was born. I look forward to learning what you have to share.

outhawkn
03-04-2007, 06:13 PM
Hello Bill, you started falconry the year I was born. I look forward to learning what you have to share.

Now I feel really OLD!! Just kidding(sort of).

`Chris L.
03-04-2007, 09:36 PM

[smilie=icon_toilet.gif]

outhawkn
03-05-2007, 12:56 PM

[smilie=icon_toilet.gif]

Always the comedian! [smilie=eusa_clap.gif]

wesleyc6
03-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Hey Bill,
Tell us about your peregrine project? What kind do you breed? What weight are your tiercels usually? Do you parent rear usually. You know all the good stuff. [smilie=dontknow.gif]