PDA

View Full Version : Got Hoosier?

Jacklyna
06-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Hey, I'm a pre-apprentice from Indiana. I've already passed the test, but won't be getting my license until the season after next. I've only known about falconry for about a year now, but I have the bug, and I've got it bad. Unless something changes around here and rabbit fields start going unclaimed, I'm going to be flying a kestrel for my first bird. It's great being the only girl at the field meets, as well as the only one (or one of the few) under forty. :)

Takasho
06-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Welcome to the forum Jacklyna! There's a wealth of experience and information on the site and a few nice people to boot! ;) :D

Enjoy!

everetkhorton
06-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Elena:
(welc) to the site! I would watch it with all those guys over forty,I don't know if they can be trusted crazyy Kbird are fun from what I hear! Where abouts in IN do you live?

Jacklyna
06-24-2008, 01:23 PM
I know, but it's fun telling my parents that I'm going hunting with a bunch of middle-aged guys hours from home... I live in Carmel, right above Indianapolis, so I have no shortage of falconers nearby that I can call up and bug. That's good and bad though, since it means good fields are hard to come by.

pjdonat
06-24-2008, 02:17 PM
LOL Yeah those guys over 40, man I tell ya. Thank goodness I am only 34. clapp Anyway, welcome to the family. I am still relatively new myself but have learned we are a family on here. lol :D
-Paul-

outhawkn
06-24-2008, 04:49 PM
(welc)

You just wait til 40 comes and goes..................toungeout

everetkhorton
06-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Bill
40 has come,went and gone years ago. My lure is half that old:D

outhawkn
06-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Bill
40 has come,went and gone years ago. My lure is half that old:D

Ev

Your too funny.............................:D

tacatanach
06-25-2008, 01:44 AM
I know, but it's fun telling my parents that I'm going hunting with a bunch of middle-aged guys hours from home... I live in Carmel, right above Indianapolis, so I have no shortage of falconers nearby that I can call up and bug. That's good and bad though, since it means good fields are hard to come by.

I know what you mean! I think my parents have finally stopped finding it strange after 6 or 7 years of me hanging out with a bunch of old guys, although recenlty I've been running into a fair number of young women getting into the sport.

Welcome to the forum

Kenn Filkins
06-25-2008, 10:54 AM
Welcome Elena,

Great to have you on the Site.... You'll like it here. As you can already tell, there are some fun and funny people here, as well as, many that know a lot about this sport. I know your area, as I started falconry in Indiana too... ah, some years ago.... okay it was in 1979. I'm one of the old guys.... And happy to be one.