PDA

View Full Version : - Hello All From Mexico City.

TiercelR
07-14-2008, 02:29 AM
- Hello all from mexico city. I`m Roberto. Actually i don`t fly a raptor, but i was flown imprinted female cooper`s hawk, and an imprinted tiercel HH. With them i hunted a lot of sparrows, some meadow-larks (with cooper-hawk), also a few quail and rabitts.

- Actually i hope to fly one of both : a female american-kestrel (for to sparrows), or a peregrine (for to Quiscalus).

- Regards. Roberto.

Bodarc
07-14-2008, 04:16 AM
Hola Roberto

Welcome to NAFEX. I have heard of the way that Mexicans imprint Harris Hawks and I see you are another one who has done that.

I look forward to reading of your progress with a Kestrel or Peregrine. I was not familiar with the name Quiscalus so I looked it up. Here, they are called Grackles.

(welc)

Flatwater Falconer
07-14-2008, 09:46 AM
(welc)

Hola Roberto,

Glad you are here. Come back often and write about falconry in Mexico.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh81/davenport88/DSCN0007-1.jpg

tony123abc
07-14-2008, 10:03 AM
Hola mi amigo. I see ya found this board too. Have fun. I see you like entomology. There are a couple other guys on here , me included who are bugs guys. Cool! Yo Gusto mantids. tony

TiercelR
07-14-2008, 02:25 PM
- Thanks to all you for your welcome words !

- Bodarc : this HH was given to me from another austringer who can`t going to care for it, but personally i don`t like it at all the imprinted raptors for to fly them - my ancient female cooper-hawk makes me learn that :) and this HH too with their noise screams - , but if i may enter in the situation of another HH i will choicing the passage :) and never anymore eyass & / or imprinted of them. // Yes ! Quiscalus are called in NA like botle-tailed grackle, great interesting creatures - and quarry - they are !

- Flatwater Falconer : thanks for your kind words !

- Tony : glad to see you here too amigo ! right now i have an adult female of giant-mexican-stick-mantis and some stick-insects like : E tiaratum, Diapherodes gigantea, L guerini, Brasidas samarensis, S inexpectata, E calcarata. All of the are very great creatures ! also a female chilean-rose T, hisser-roaches.

- Regards. Roberto.

everetkhorton
07-14-2008, 04:26 PM
Reberto:
(welc) How are the coopers hawk imprinted differently?

TiercelR
07-14-2008, 06:23 PM
- Thanks everetkhorton : i was saw a few trained passage coopers and i saw that they were much better maneagable than the imprinted ones in critic situations as are interchange of quarry for reward, and fist-bound troubles.

- Maybe the imprinting training have their better place on micro-accipiters like sharps (imprinting that micros gives more mental peace in weight-management), because in more bigger accipiters the "murphy`s laws" play more hard while imprinting-time - no matters the care of the austringer !

- The female imprinted cooper i had was imprinted as the DH II book method (but sure the female may noticed - in some unfortunate time - the food origin while was the imprinted-time no matters of my careful precautions).

- Regards. Roberto.

mickiedaniels
01-31-2009, 03:38 PM
welcome to the forums! :D

TiercelR
01-31-2009, 08:31 PM
welcome to the forums! :D
- mickiedaniels : thank you for your kind words ! very welcome to the forum for you too, good hawking !