PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Yorkshire Hawker
08-11-2008, 05:41 PM
I would just like to say a quick hello and introduce myself my name is Alan and I come from Yorkshire in the UK,hence the name Yorkshire Hawker.
With a passion for Harris Hawks I have flown my current male for almost 19 years along with a female I bred 2 years ago.
My birds are flown and worked with my dog which is a GSP Bitch.
I love to attend field meetings and have attended many over in the Czech Republic along with the NAFA meeting in Utah with my good friend Howard Roberts.

Bryant Tarr
08-11-2008, 05:50 PM
(welc) Welcome aboard!

Yorkshire Hawker
08-11-2008, 06:44 PM
Thanks glad to be here, will no doubt post a few threads once I have had a look around.

Zarafia
08-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Welcome Alan, its nice to see you here.

everetkhorton
08-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Welcome aboard Alan, have fun.

Yorkshire Hawker
08-12-2008, 06:59 AM
Thanks for the nice welcome looking at the introductions it seems its a busy forum so I am sure I will enjoy it a great deal.
Hello Meridith hows the new bird doing.

Zarafia
08-12-2008, 07:53 AM
Alan I had no idea how many years you had. Nineteen years with a hunting hawk must be extraordinary. I dont care if its a a damned budgie, thats impressive. And with the interaction with a hunting bird, thats just really cool.
My wayward child is giving me much joy. He still has a few baby tufts at the tips of a few feathers.
He is a delightful creature, and very interesting.
Sadly as he was my first imprint falcon save for a male AK. I was not being as objective as I should have been.
I got a bit over confidant after I got his telemetry on. His response was instant to the lure or glove. Yeah, I know they can be perfect in the house and it means little.
I had him outside though. His response was instant on the creance. So I untied it.
Everything normal, but he just missed the lure. He kept going up. Suddenly he was as suprised as I was. He went over the treeline. Bad, bad guy.
I tracked him down the next day. He didnt miss the lure that time.
Need to get new batteries for the transmitter.
Other than that he's been a perfect joy.

Tim Laycock
08-12-2008, 10:43 AM
I would just like to say a quick hello and introduce myself my name is Alan and I come from Yorkshire in the UK,hence the name Yorkshire Hawker.
With a passion for Harris Hawks I have flown my current male for almost 19 years along with a female I bred 2 years ago.
My birds are flown and worked with my dog which is a GSP Bitch.
I love to attend field meetings and have attended many over in the Czech Republic along with the NAFA meeting in Utah with my good friend Howard Roberts.

Family get everywhere toungeout

Yorkshire Hawker
08-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Meredith I dont let on my age or experience but I am always around to help all who need it.
My male Harris when I bought him cost me almost a £1000 and I have had every penny worth and more besides I have flown other raptors in between including some falcons but the Harris to me will always remain special and are underestimated,each season that goes by I see it that the connection I have with my charge grows and I still learn things about him to this day.
I do a lot of hunting with Terry Large in the UK (Campaign for Falconry )mainly due to the fact that Terry loves to fly the Rabbits in Yorkshire due to the long sporting slips we are lucky to see and I love to Hunt with him in Wales at Pheasants.Strong birdsfrus
I have promissed Tim that I will fly a Goshawk with him at some point but like to keep him waiting but it will be great fun I am sure.

We have all made a mistake at some point so dont feel bad its the only way we all learn I bet hes spot on now.
P/S Post some pictures so I can see what he is like.

hcf
08-12-2008, 06:52 PM
hi alan and welcome dude.

andy

Sliverhawk
08-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Welcome Alan, wishing you the best in your endeavors here and abroad.(welc)

Yorkshire Hawker
08-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Cheers Andy another Yorkshire manclapp.
Nice one Rob happy to be here all the best Alan.

Yorkshire Hawker
09-14-2008, 07:10 PM
Thanks Silver hawk sorry I missed your welcome ,thank you and once again my apologies.