PDA

View Full Version : Hey all

[HOA]hawk
03-16-2007, 09:28 PM
Hey all I've been looking around now for a while for a place that will show me the basic needs and such of falconry and just to talk about it. I'm only thirteen but I hope that when I get older I can try to become a falconer.

everetkhorton
03-16-2007, 10:07 PM
Welcome, please tell us something about your self, like where you live your real name. Have you did any hunting or have hunting dogs etc. Have you ever been out with anyone with a hawk before. You will see there is another web site for new comers to the sport of falconry. You can go to the profile and have the site sign your post for you. Again welcome and enjoy.

`Chris L.
03-16-2007, 10:16 PM
Welcome to the NAFEX falconry forums. It is great you are intrested in falconry at such a young age. I wish I would have known about it when I was your age. You only have one more year and you can apply to your apprenticeship

When you do post here please sign all of your posts with your real name. we like to know the real names of your members

PLease dont hesitate to ask questions that you may have. I hope you enjoy the site

[HOA]hawk
03-17-2007, 07:55 PM
well I don't see where to change my name but my real name Matt. I live in the USA Pennsylvannia. I do hunt mostly small game I don't have any huntimg dogs because my dad hates dogs. I haven't seen anybody with a hawk or falcon in real life but I've seen it on tv and read a little about it.

everetkhorton
03-17-2007, 09:57 PM
Matt:
I would suggest that you look up the PA falconer group on the web and try and contact some of the members. Maybe contact your DNR office and see if they have a information packet for you to read. On TV you are seeing the end results of a lot of hard work. You are not seeing the all the different aspects of the sport. You can just type in your name at the end of your post. Have fun [smilie=banana.gif]

outhawkn
03-17-2007, 10:43 PM
hawk]Hey all I've been looking around now for a while for a place that will show me the basic needs and such of falconry and just to talk about it. I'm only thirteen but I hope that when I get older I can try to become a falconer.

Hello Matt,

If your thirteen you gotta get busy learning about falconry. You can get your permit at 14 so you dont have a lot of time. Go to this website; http://www.pfht.org its the Pennsylvania falconry and hawk trust. They should be able to help you find a local falconer that maybe would take you hawking.

[HOA]hawk
03-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the link it helped a lot. I know it takes hard work but I think I can make it.

outhawkn
03-21-2007, 05:40 PM
hawk]Thanks for the link it helped a lot. I know it takes hard work but I think I can make it.

Matt

There isnt a doubt in mind that if you want to be a falconer, its going to happen for you.

RTJim
04-11-2007, 01:26 PM
Matt

Where in PA do you live? I am from Lancaster Co. and we had a young boy go out with us this past season..........jm