PDA

View Full Version : Forum Social Groups

areal
09-12-2008, 05:11 AM
A big congratulations to Chris and his team on completing the update to VB3.7 and getting the site secured against the nasty attacks that are possible against earlier versions of VB.

As the dust starts to settle and you guys start getting to grips with the new features I wanted to ask what the site's policy would be on Social Groups.
I did one for Ferruginous Hawks on WFF and was able to invite a number of people with a keen interest in this species. It was a big help for me to be able to draw on the experience of people who have flown wild taken specimens as I have only ever had the opportunity to get to know an imprint.
About the only thing I regret about the demise of WFF is the loss of that social group so I wanted to ask how the management would feel about those groups being restarted on here.
Cant speak for what anyone else made of the facility in their social groups but the Ferru group were organizing a meet for November, we had one guy who's keen on flying one this coming season and a think we managed to round up pretty much everyone in the UK flying a ferru with any kind of determination to succeed.

Not the end of the world if the social groups wont be used, I know a lot of people are scared of them until they understand the principle behind the social groups, I'm just trying to find out if anyone's going to be upset if I create a group for people flying ferru's

wesleyc6
09-12-2008, 10:17 AM
First, as far as I know Chris did ALL the work, so KUDOS to Chris..............even if he is a geek. hehehe

Second, I have no idea what a "social group" is. Could you explain a bit more?

hawkstir
09-12-2008, 10:42 AM
First, as far as I know Chris did ALL the work, so KUDOS to Chris..............even if he is a geek. hehehe

Second, I have no idea what a "social group" is. Could you explain a bit more?

ditto

Chris L.
09-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Evan, Wes and Fred... Thank you for the kind words, I really appreciate it. I do enjoy doing it, It really makes it worth while when others are enjoy the forum as much as I do. I enjoy doing the upgrades and tweaking the forum. It is a lot of fun for me.. I know, as Wes said, I am a big geek!!!

Evan, I am glad I got it up and running as well. As I said our server had been attacked so it was a matter of time before the forum was. I was just happy it went smooth for the most part. Still ironing out a few bugs but it is getting there, a few more tweaks and she will be back on top again.

I too would like to know more about the social groups. Never used them! Let me know more and we can come up with a plan...

I would like to thank all of the members for being patient. I know it took a little longer than I had anticipated, but I wanted to make sure it went off without a hitch. i tested and retested on another server... So thank you to you all!!! You are what makes NAFEX a great place to come to.