PDA

View Full Version : NAFEX.net Decal vote

Chris L.
09-12-2008, 11:45 PM
It is time to decide what decal makes it. Please vote on the ones you all like the best. I will pick the top 3 and then do a final vote for the one that will win.

There are so many great submissions. I really want to thank you all for putting the time and effort into making them.

Also I would like to thank Kenn Filkins for offering to print them up. I really appreciate it Kenn, ( his websites are www.filkinsfoto.com (http://www.filkinsfoto.com/) www.baywinghawks.com (http://www.baywinghawks.com/) have a look at them!) I cant wait to see them!!!

The winner will get 10 of the NAFEX decals and a NAFEX t-shirt.

Good luck, I cant wait to see how this turns out.

Chris L.
09-12-2008, 11:59 PM
Good god this is hard!! I may have to do a couple of different decals.. We will see how this goes!!!

kimmerar
09-13-2008, 12:55 AM
Well Chris - I can't pick one from that. Sorry. I have it narrowed down to 4 or 5 frus. I agree - get some different ones. HH, RT, Falcon, Accipiter ????

I'm not voting now. Too hard to choose just one. I really like the accipiter but it's round except on the upper left side???

Oh well - maybe tomorrow

Chris L.
09-13-2008, 07:19 AM
Well Chris - I can't pick one from that. Sorry. I have it narrowed down to 4 or 5 frus. I agree - get some different ones. HH, RT, Falcon, Accipiter ????

I'm not voting now. Too hard to choose just one. I really like the accipiter but it's round except on the upper left side???

Oh well - maybe tomorrow

i know its hard, but gotta pick one.. come on Kim you can do it!!!! Click that mouse!

Chris L.
09-13-2008, 07:21 AM
5 people have voted and all have picked different ones.. This is going to be great to see what the top 3 are

tescobedo
09-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Kenn,

What's the minimum order?

tescobedo
09-13-2008, 09:57 AM
Chris,

I thought I voted for the round accipiter decal, but I was wrong. The layout is a bit confusing on the first few decals.

Chris L.
09-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Tony,
hey man!! good to see you posting! Hope all is well. I will fix your vote. Yea it is a little confusing.

give me a call

Eagle Owl
09-13-2008, 11:12 AM
Hey Chris, the second decal should say .net, not .com. Not a big deal now, but if it wins it will need to be changed.

tony123abc
09-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Harris and the Jack. tony

redtailflyer
09-13-2008, 03:30 PM
they are all so good!!! good job guys...in the end anyone of them would look good!

anasari
09-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Chris, I know you gotta pick One for the site,but would it be possible to get a sticker or T-shirt of the one specific to the bird we fly?

areal
09-14-2008, 04:10 AM
Chris if youre having trouble deciding on a single banner to use, have a look at that javascript code I sent you before for rotating the adverts. Just replace each entry with the URL of your different banners and then replace the default banner code <between the <td> and </td> tags with the rotation code and you can have as many banners rotating as you want.
Personally I like the idea of more than one banner because its very naive to think all falconers could unite behind one concept, our outlooks and expectations are just too different for that ever to work.

Chris L.
09-14-2008, 12:10 PM
Chris, I know you gotta pick One for the site,but would it be possible to get a sticker or T-shirt of the one specific to the bird we fly?

Jon,
no we cant as it is gong to be a batch run. So Kenn would have to set up art for each one. Its just easier to keep it simple. I like the idea though.. thank you for the input

Chris if youre having trouble deciding on a single banner to use, have a look at that javascript code I sent you before for rotating the adverts. Just replace each entry with the URL of your different banners and then replace the default banner code <between the <td> and </td> tags with the rotation code and you can have as many banners rotating as you want.
Personally I like the idea of more than one banner because its very naive to think all falconers could unite behind one concept, our outlooks and expectations are just too different for that ever to work.

Evan,
this is for a decal ( sticker) But you have a good idea, I may use it as the sites banner as well... we will see what one wins.

Grahame
09-14-2008, 12:46 PM
I misread and thought we could vote for 3 or 4. I picked #2 but would also vote for the last one too.

areal
09-14-2008, 12:57 PM
this is for a decal ( sticker) But you have a good idea, I may use it as the sites banner as well... we will see what one wins.

Ahhh, now it makes sense to be calling it a decal. Well if I think of a way to rotate the image on a sticker or T-Shirt, I'll patent it and allow you to use it under license ;) PMSL

Best of luck with the shirts. Are they for a particular event?

Chris I believe youre due over here in the UK in the not too distant future?

raptrlvr
09-14-2008, 08:17 PM
This is a tough decision. I would assume that if your flying a falcon, then your going to vote for the ones with falcons in them. If your flying an accipiter or a HH then you will probably vote for one 0f those.

Takasho
09-15-2008, 01:51 PM
Bah! Too hard!

Are you going to make the top three or is it going to come down to just one decal, take it or leave it?

Chris L.
09-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Bah! Too hard!

Are you going to make the top three or is it going to come down to just one decal, take it or leave it?

Isaac, I will do the top 3 if Kenn thinks it is doable. It is really up to him and the set up costs. What ever he thinks is fair I am game for. I will discuss with him what we can do. I was thinking top 3 myself, but as I said it all comes down to costs!!!

Ahhh, now it makes sense to be calling it a decal. Well if I think of a way to rotate the image on a sticker or T-Shirt, I'll patent it and allow you to use it under license ;) PMSL

Best of luck with the shirts. Are they for a particular event?

Chris I believe youre due over here in the UK in the not too distant future?

Evan,
No nothing special just trying to get the site more united. It will be great to have these on giant hoods and such. Especially since these are made by members of NAFEX and the entire community is voting on them. Should be fun to see how it turns out.

When I make to your side of the pond, I will bring a few for sure. Andy's land rover will have a new paint job :D!!!

Chappy99
09-15-2008, 10:50 PM
I voted for the bottom one.

I would have to loved to have seen one that says
"NAFEX.NET"
"WE FLY TEH BIRDS!"
"AND"
"WE DRINK TEH BEERZ!"

but, I'm a giant redneck! :D

Chris L.
09-30-2008, 03:32 PM
Ok Guys I am closing this October 15th so I can get the wining decal design over to Ken so they will be printed in time for NAFA. Please make your votes now!!!

Kenn Filkins
10-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Isaac, I will do the top 3 if Kenn thinks it is doable. It is really up to him and the set up costs. What ever he thinks is fair I am game for. I will discuss with him what we can do. I was thinking top 3 myself, but as I said it all comes down to costs!!!

Chris,

We can do three different decals for the members to pick/buy from if you want to have that many.

Just let me know and I'll make it happen.

It will be fun to see them printed up.

PM me about how many you would like of each one decal.

Chris L.
10-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Ken,
Sounds great. I will give you a call once the poll is over. I really appreciate you helping out with this. we will get the costs and such worked out... thanks again for all of your help

Chris L.
10-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Well it looks like we have some winners. I decided to do the top 3 decals and here they are

The Decal with the most votes ( 28%) was: This was created by Mike !!!

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u96/MikeT307/NAFEXstickerconcept2.jpg

The Decal with the second most votes ( 14%) was ( i think Ken created this one- let me know who did)

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/jaakmerlin/NAFEXlogo04harris.jpg

The Decal that came in third most votes ( 10%) was ( I think Ken did this one too?)

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/jaakmerlin/NAFEXlogoharris.jpg

Thank you again for all of those who submitted Decals. They are were great. And thank you to all the members that voted

Going to get with Ken to get a batch of these ran. I will have them at NAFA for sure and will get them up on here so you all can get them as well

Thank you to all, I really appreciate everyone makeing NAFEX such a great place!!

Chris

hcf
10-17-2008, 04:31 PM
hi guys,
the decal that got voted third would look good on spare wheel covers! if it were cost effective.

andy

Kenn Filkins
10-17-2008, 04:48 PM
Chris,

I think I did create both #2 and #3. But the pics came from great members of this site.

Eagle Owl
10-17-2008, 05:45 PM
Chris, I posted this earlier on this thread, but I don't know if it was seen...this one needs to be changed before you print them up. It needs to be NAFEX.net, not .com

Kenn Filkins
10-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Chris, I posted this earlier on this thread, but I don't know if it was seen...this one needs to be changed before you print them up. It needs to be NAFEX.net, not .com

Yes, I noted that too.... This one was just a proto-type.... as was #3....;)

Chris L.
10-17-2008, 06:36 PM
Ken,
will you pm me your phone number so you and I can discuss cost and how many to print of each..

look forward to talking to you

Kenn Filkins
10-17-2008, 07:05 PM
Ken,
will you pm me your phone number so you and I can discuss cost and how many to print of each..

look forward to talking to you

Chris,

Yes... I'll send it right now.

WinsorWoods
10-17-2008, 07:47 PM
I noticed that several of the decals feature the moon in the design. Is there any significance to the moon with falconry or was this just an artistic inclusion?

Isobael
10-17-2008, 10:00 PM
I noticed that several of the decals feature the moon in the design. Is there any significance to the moon with falconry or was this just an artistic inclusion?

Artistic.

At least the ones I did.

Kenn Filkins
10-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Sandie,

Very artistic indeed. This one is still my favorite! Great work.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff234/SaharaHawk/Falconry%20Banners/Nafex10.jpg (http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff234/SaharaHawk/Falconry%20Banners/Nafex10.jpg)

Isobael
10-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Sandie,

Very artistic indeed. This one is still my favorite! Great work.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff234/SaharaHawk/Falconry%20Banners/Nafex10.jpg (http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff234/SaharaHawk/Falconry%20Banners/Nafex10.jpg)

Thanks. To tell you the truth, it's my fave too. =)

MikeT307
10-20-2008, 10:16 AM
Kenn,

I can send you the file in a higher resolution if you need it. Thanks for offering to print them up.

Now the fine print...
If you voted in the decal contest you are required to buy one of the top three stickers!;)

Eragon
10-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Just wondering what you think the prices on them will be like. I have no idea how expensive it is to print decals?

tescobedo
10-21-2008, 06:03 PM
Kenn,

What's the minimum run and cost on the following decal in 3" diameter:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/jaakmerlin/th_NAFEXdecal01.jpg

kimmerar
10-21-2008, 10:18 PM
Kenn,

What's the minimum run and cost on the following decal in 3" diameter:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/jaakmerlin/th_NAFEXdecal01.jpg

I would take one of those too Kenn. Tony - if you end up having to buy extras you can count me in on at least one if Kenn doesn't want to sell them individually.

My husband will definately want one of the winners.

tescobedo
10-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Kim,

I'm expecting the minimum to be large enough to cover your one or two ;)

kimmerar
10-22-2008, 07:49 AM
Thanks Tony - just let me know.

everetkhorton
10-22-2008, 10:33 PM
I would take one of those too Kenn. Tony - if you end up having to buy extras you can count me in on at least one if Kenn doesn't want to sell them individually.

My husband will definately want one of the winners.

Ken:
Count me in on the Coopers Hawk also Ken:

Kenn Filkins
10-23-2008, 10:05 PM
Ken:
Count me in on the Coopers Hawk also Ken:

Ev,

You are counted....

Bryant Tarr
10-23-2008, 11:35 PM
Ev,

You are counted....

Well, as long as your are counting, that's the one I voted for too and would certainly buy one if you produce it :)

Thanks,

Kenn Filkins
10-24-2008, 07:50 AM
Well, as long as your are counting, that's the one I voted for too and would certainly buy one if you produce it :)

Thanks,

Bryant,

You are counted too.... This decal seems to be gaining a following....

MikeT307
10-24-2008, 08:45 AM
Well you've got a longwing and two harris's as the top three pics. No one from the accipitrine family made it to the winners circle. So that would make it the runner up as the 4th place. Printing the top 4 instead of the top three shouldn't be that much more of an ordeal I would hope.

Thanks for printing these again Kenn!

Chris L.
10-24-2008, 09:30 AM
Everyone,
I would just like to take the time to thank Kenn for taking on the printing of these decals. He has gone above and beyond to make this happen. I cant thank him enough for his generosity and his time. He really has come through for me and the members of this forum.

Ken, Thank you for making NAFEX a better community, its selfless members like you that keep this forum one of the best in the falconry community.

See you at NAFA myfriend !!! beeer I owe you a couple!!

kimmerar
10-24-2008, 10:26 AM
Thanks so much Kenn. Let us know how we can make an order - when the details get worked out.

Can't wait to see them.

Kenn Filkins
10-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Thanks so much Kenn. Let us know how we can make an order - when the details get worked out.
Can't wait to see them.

Kim,

Chris will have the decals for sale, as he does the other NAFEX items.

He will post all the details once we get the decals in-hand.

I, too, cannot wait to see what these little treasures look like.

But, I will be the first to put them on my GHoods..... toungeout

Kenn Filkins
10-24-2008, 11:17 AM
Ken, Thank you for making NAFEX a better community, its selfless members like you that keep this forum one of the best in the falconry community.

See you at NAFA myfriend !!! beeer I owe you a couple!!

Chris,

Thank you for your comments. I'm just glad to help out with this site in some small way. thumbsupp

kimmerar
10-24-2008, 06:00 PM
I, too, cannot wait to see what these little treasures look like.

But, I will be the first to put them on my GHoods..... toungeout

clappboxingg I can't wait to see them!!

Chris L.
10-24-2008, 07:21 PM
Chris,

Thank you for your comments. I'm just glad to help out with this site in some small way. thumbsupp

Kenn,
you have gone above and beyond on this one my friend!!! Nothing "small" about it

thank you again!

Kim, as Kenn said, I will post the info when I have them in hand. Ken is also getting them laminated so these are not your run of the mil decals, they should last.... I cant wait to see them..

thank you to everyone who submitted the decals. this has been a lot of fun..

Kenn Filkins
10-25-2008, 08:48 PM
Kenn,
these are not your run of the mil decals, they should last.... I cant wait to see them.

I saw some of the laminated decals TODAY. I even have some of them in hand. On Monday the rest should be shipped to me.

I saw all the others in printed form.... I think you'll be very pleased. :D

I know I am.

They will be available.... Soon.

raptrlvr
10-26-2008, 10:19 AM
Any idea of the cost? I will be needing one as soon as I get my back window fixed on my camper shell. I was using the weedwaker last Wednesday and it picked up a tiny rock and put it through the back window. I wasn't even that close to the truck and didn't even know the window was shattered until I went back to the truck.

Kenn Filkins
10-26-2008, 06:30 PM
Any idea of the cost? I will be needing one as soon as I get my back window fixed on my camper shell. I was using the weedwaker last Wednesday and it picked up a tiny rock and put it through the back window. I wasn't even that close to the truck and didn't even know the window was shattered until I went back to the truck.

Chris will post the prices as soon as he gets the decals in-hand, which will be a week or two....

These are worth the wait... In my opinion.

Sorry to hear about your camper shell.

brian1973
10-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Put me down for a couple ..awesome!!

Chris L.
11-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Please see this thread for ordering information

http://www.nafex.net/showthread.php?p=54229#post54229