PDA

View Full Version : Chat is back!!!

Chris L.
10-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Ok I have installed a new chat.. I will be adding more option soon to it. As it stands now, all members can use it. But After I do some tweaking to the PHP files only NAFEX supporters will be able to use it..

please let me know how it works

hope you guys enjoy it

outhawkn
10-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Thanks Chris

Chris L.
10-06-2008, 07:58 PM
Thanks Chris

Bill no problem.. the link is in the nav bar above.. come on in there is a few of us in there

Also, you can see who is chatting on the froum home page if you scroll to the bottom

I will be adding a module box on the index page soon so you can see who is chatting

goshawks00
10-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Chris having problems getting into chat ...any help?
Barry

Chris L.
10-06-2008, 08:23 PM
barry,
I am trying to move all the usernames and PW over.. you have to register right now.. try that .. let me know if it works

you will see the "register" button in the chat screen

sevristh
10-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Though Chris said it's not the way he wants it to be, for now you have to 'register' at the bottom of the window that pops up for the chat (I just used the same info as I did for Nafex), hit register, then go to the above spot and put in your name and password. That will make another window pop up. Click on the 'default' room and hit Enter to enter that room.

Chris L.
10-06-2008, 08:26 PM
I changed the default to NAFEX.net Chat.. just click on it

yeah dont know why all the names didnt come over to the chat.. I have more bugs to work out but it will do until I can get them ironed out.. thanks for your patience

Chris L.
10-06-2008, 08:34 PM
yeah I can see it dave.. not sure why ou cant see ours

sevristh
10-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Noooooooooooooooooo! Not again!! *lost in chat limbo* *sniff* frus

Chris L.
10-06-2008, 08:35 PM
i know why i cahnged the name of the chat room. log out and ocme back in

Kenn Filkins
10-07-2008, 10:18 AM
I just tried to get in.... I ran through the register panel, with my NAFEX.net name and p-word and then got right in.

Thanks Chris!

Chris L.
10-07-2008, 10:22 AM
I just tried to get in.... I ran through the register panel, with my NAFEX.net name and p-word and then got right in.

Thanks Chris!

Ken,
good to hear it is working..

I was just in there any you took off frus lol.

Also, if you click the "remember me" box all you have to do is click on the chat link above and you will go right into the chat

hope this helps others.

please keep giving me feed back on it working

kimmerar
10-07-2008, 10:57 AM
I tried to get on and it said invalid username or password.

kenbro77
10-07-2008, 11:51 AM
I tried to get on and it said invalid username or password.

kim, it did the same to me....you have to register. Even if you are a member.

kimmerar
10-07-2008, 11:57 AM
thanks ken

The bottom part right. It says invalid email. I tried using password and my email???

Is there a trick I'm missing there???

I guess I'm having a blond moment??

kenbro77
10-07-2008, 12:03 PM
thanks ken

The bottom part right. It says invalid email. I tried using password and my email???

Is there a trick I'm missing there???

I guess I'm having a blond moment??

It took me a bit to figure and I am not blonde, lol
the bottom right window put in user name.... the next one is password....the next one type in your whole email address

kimmerar
10-07-2008, 12:37 PM
Thanks Ken

I've got it figured out now.

Chris L.
10-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Sorry guys, I am not impressed with this new chat software.. It looks like the old one has been updated to the new boards. i will be reinstalling it so keep your fingers crossed it goes seamless. I will keep this chat up for now

I really like the old chat it was much more configurable and user friendly. Lets hope the update works

sevristh
10-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Alright, so Chris put a chat back in, and even though he's going to change it, NO ONE is using it!! Get in there darn you people! haha!

outhawkn
10-10-2008, 08:30 PM
Alright, so Chris put a chat back in, and even though he's going to change it, NO ONE is using it!! Get in there darn you people! haha!

Would someone PLEASE talk to Dave..he's getting lonesome..toungeout

FredFogg
10-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Would someone PLEASE talk to Dave..he's getting lonesome..toungeout

I don't see the link to get into it anymore! I am at work for the next 3 nights, so I have plenty of time! LOL

outhawkn
10-10-2008, 08:37 PM
I don't see the link to get into it anymore! I am at work for the next 3 nights, so I have plenty of time! LOL

I couldnt find a link either thats why I didnt go talk to Dave......LOL

FredFogg
10-10-2008, 08:45 PM
I couldnt find a link either thats why I didnt go talk to Dave......LOL

I think it was there a few days ago, Chris must be updating it!

sevristh
10-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Yeah, he is wanting to put the old chat back in because they finally came up with an updated version. Hopefully this one will come without bugs :)

Bill, toungeout

outhawkn
10-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Yeah, he is wanting to put the old chat back in because they finally came up with an updated version. Hopefully this one will come without bugs :)

Bill, toungeout

LOL......................

Chris L.
10-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Yeah, these damn chats are bugged to hell! well the new "updated" version is out and guess what? bugged! still working it out. Sorry guy. Thank you for you patience frus

Chris L.
10-11-2008, 08:04 PM
Ok lets see if this works now.. there is a link in the top nav bar, just click on "flash chat" you should be able to access it..

Here we go again!! let me know i there are any bugs or issues ( keeping fingers crossed)

Ken S.
10-11-2008, 08:37 PM
Is the new FlashChat open to all members or locked down?

keithtsoar
10-11-2008, 09:01 PM
Chris when I try to log in to the new chat it wont take my NAFEX username and password.

kimmerar
10-11-2008, 09:07 PM
I was able to get in it seemed to work. But I was all alone! So we'll see when someone else arrives.

Peregrinus
10-11-2008, 10:12 PM
I can't seem to get in w/ my username and ID. I don't see a place to register... Hope yall are having fun in there!

Chris L.
10-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Is the new FlashChat open to all members or locked down?

I can't seem to get in w/ my username and ID. I don't see a place to register... Hope yall are having fun in there!

Chat is only available for Supporting members of NAFEX.

Keith you should be good now

Kim, good to hear it is working.. keep me posted if you find more issues

goshawks00
10-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Chic,
Dave and I were talking yesterday and everytime you typed in the word branch it came out b****h... We had quite a time trying different in words starting with b and they all worked except branch... what's up with that?
Barry

Chris L.
10-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Chic,
Dave and I were talking yesterday and everytime you typed in the word branch it came out b****h... We had quite a time trying different in words starting with b and they all worked except branch... what's up with that?
Barry
Barry,

i bet its the word filter. I will take a look at it. i guess it thinks branch is a bad wordcrazyy.

but you were both able to chat? did it log you right in?

goshawks00
10-12-2008, 02:23 PM
yes and yes

GregMik
02-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Anybody use this anymore?

Greg

goshawks00
02-11-2009, 09:55 PM
name a time

GregMik
02-11-2009, 09:57 PM
name a time

Been there for an hr now......

Greg

Chris L.
02-11-2009, 10:47 PM
in chat now with greg

Roper
02-28-2009, 10:45 AM
why dont ya think people use this.. do people make posts and then go do other things and then come back and check I would think people would use this as a quicker interaction to each other ??????

frootdog
02-28-2009, 10:51 AM
why dont ya think people use this.. do people make posts and then go do other things and then come back and check I would think people would use this as a quicker interaction to each other ??????

I used it just yesterday morning to discuss something with a member. Set up a time for tonight and I will be there.

Roper
02-28-2009, 08:38 PM
Appreciate the offer Krys, sorry I have been at a hay sale most of the day and hauling hay , jsut got back on ..
I am curious how do yo get more folks on at the same time ..do yo post it somewhere and then hopefully people will show up .. kind of like a field meet huh:D I will have to try to make an effort for this in the future,

I have to go unload hay for now \
but thanks
later

frootdog
02-28-2009, 09:03 PM
I am curious how do yo get more folks on at the same time ..do yo post it somewhere and then hopefully people will show up .. kind of like a field meet huh:D I will have to try to make an effort for this in the future,

Generally start a thread that says in chat now or announce a time.