PDA

View Full Version : New Boy :)

GriffMJ
12-10-2006, 01:31 PM
Hi All

My name is Griff and I fly a Tiercel Peregrine at game here in the UK. I am also a hoodmaker.

I look forward to reading an getting involved on the forum. :D

wesleyc6
12-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Welcome Griff, and feel free to post a hood or something in the classifieds if you want to sell it.

GriffMJ
12-10-2006, 02:06 PM
Welcome Griff, and feel free to post a hood or something in the classifieds if you want to sell it.

Hi Wes

Many thanks, I have posted one example under the "Equipment" section with a link to my website :D

`Chris L.
12-10-2006, 02:23 PM
Griff,
Welcome to the board. I look forward to reading your posts and hear about the hunts in the UK. I must say your hoods look fantastic. I wish I had the skill to make them. I have tried and tried and they usually come out looking horrible. So i leave the hood making up to you guys :lol:

please dont hesitate to add suggestions or post stories or if you have a DIY project that you think others could do.. post it

again, thakn you for joining and welcome to the board

Chris

GriffMJ
12-10-2006, 02:27 PM
Griff,
Welcome to the board. I look forward to reading your posts and hear about the hunts in the UK. I must say your hoods look fantastic. I wish I had the skill to make them. I have tried and tried and they usually come out looking horrible. So i leave the hood making up to you guys :lol:

please dont hesitate to add suggestions or post stories or if you have a DIY project that you think others could do.. post it

again, thakn you for joining and welcome to the board

Chris

Many thanks Chris, if your in the "Archives of Falconry" in Idaho sometime you will see a close up of one of my Gyr hoods presented at NAFA this year to Kent Karnie :D

`Chris L.
12-10-2006, 02:33 PM
I wont be able to make it out there, but please post a pic of the hood. i really would like to see it. I think hoods are such wonderful pieces of art work..

Who did you signature.. very nice work on that as well

chris

GriffMJ
12-11-2006, 05:35 AM
I wont be able to make it out there, but please post a pic of the hood. i really would like to see it. I think hoods are such wonderful pieces of art work..

Who did you signature.. very nice work on that as well

chris

Hi Chris

Here is the NAFA presentation hood......

http://www.m-jhoods.co.uk/images/Clients/NAFA3/NAFA2.JPG

http://www.m-jhoods.co.uk/images/Clients/NAFA3/NAFA1.JPG

`Chris L.
12-11-2006, 11:48 AM
Man that hood is beautiful... you really have a talent griff. What kind of man hours do you have in a hood like theat. Ijust love how clean the lines are

great work

Jimmy
12-11-2006, 12:36 PM
Griff makes some very nice hoods. Especially when you figure he's only been making them a short time. Just a couple of years, right Griff?

GriffMJ
12-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Griff makes some very nice hoods. Especially when you figure he's only been making them a short time. Just a couple of years, right Griff?

3 Years Jimmy :) BUT..... I worked as a shoe designer when I left Art college.... so I do have a good bit of experience with working leather etc

Jimmy
12-11-2006, 12:58 PM
3 Years Jimmy :)

That just makes them even more impressive.

wesleyc6
12-11-2006, 01:09 PM
You got that right! I made nice functionable kestrel hood on my first attempt, but it is probably my last attempt too. 8) Your hoods are pretty awesome!

GriffMJ
12-11-2006, 02:07 PM
Hi Guys

Many thanks for your comments..... remember that the hood is only as good as the "block" it comes off....... all the blocks I use are American.... Rollins, Tait, Stoddart and Maynes ..... if it wasnt for your experienced falconers we Brits would be stuck with old Glasier blocks etc.... so I owe a debt of thanks to the guys that put the time into making excellent hood blocks (and making them available for sale) :D