PDA

View Full Version : NAFEX Dinner During the Meet

Saluqi
10-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Monday, November 24th @7pm at the Big Texan (http://www.bigtexan.com/) be there or be square. We have a reservation for 25 people, and that can be adjusted up or down depending on the response that we get. If you'll be in Amarillo and would like meet some of the folks in person who you think might be telling falconry tales out of school this will be your big chance. Respond here if you plan on attending.

I tried to reserve a separate room but they are completely booked that week.

Eagle Owl
10-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Monday, November 24th @7pm at the Big Texan (http://www.bigtexan.com/) be there or be square. We have a reservation for 25 people, and that can be adjusted up or down depending on the response that we get. If you'll be in Amarillo and would like meet some of the folks in person who you think might be telling falconry tales out of school this will be your big chance. Respond here if you plan on attending.

I would love to, but I have to do registration until 7pm then help out with the speakers/raffle/etc. the rest of the evening. :( Y'all come by the registration table and say Hi to me!:D

hawkerdivergal
10-13-2008, 03:32 PM
I would LOVE to make it! I will not know exactly what day I am arriving at the meet until just before it. I have a test scheduled for that Monday :( but I am hoping it will be moved allowing me to get there sooner. If I am at the meet, count me in!

Iamtheweasel
10-13-2008, 04:15 PM
I'll be there.....Why not....Everyoine has to hit the Big texan while in Amarillo...any takers on the 72 oz. steak?

Chris L.
10-13-2008, 04:53 PM
Paul, thank you so much for organizing this. I really appreciate it. I think this is a great idea.

So who's eating the big 72 oz steak!!!

Falcon Boy
10-13-2008, 05:21 PM
If i could make the meet i'd go for it.....gotta love a 72oz steak! Sounds like heaven. Unfortunatly i won't be there due to monetary reasons, gotta love being broke!

Saluqi
10-13-2008, 09:31 PM
If i could make the meet i'd go for it.....gotta love a 72oz steak! Sounds like heaven. Unfortunatly i won't be there due to monetary reasons, gotta love being broke!

Noah,
You gotta love being 21 and a broke student, life is good. I'll buy you dinner if you can make it.

FredFogg
10-14-2008, 04:45 PM
Paul, I will talk to the guys I am going with and see if they want to go. If so, we will be there!

ukroper
10-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Yep!!...book 6 of us in ...:D;):D

everetkhorton
10-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Paul:
I have not see the schedule for the meet. I would not dare leave my wife at the vender's table and go eat, I would be hawk food from that point on. If possible I would like to just stop by a few min and say hi to everyone.

Saluqi
10-14-2008, 10:18 PM
Yep!!...book 6 of us in ...:D;):D

Seriously? Six from the UK? All right, you're all in!

Takasho
10-14-2008, 10:18 PM
Count me in!

Saluqi
10-14-2008, 10:19 PM
Paul:
I have not see the schedule for the meet. I would not dare leave my wife at the vender's table and go eat, I would be hawk food from that point on. If possible I would like to just stop by a few min and say hi to everyone.

Ev,

Bring the wife and man the table after dinner, it'll be early in the week you'll have plenty of time to sell your gear.

Saluqi
10-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Count me in!

Right on! See you there!

Saluqi
10-14-2008, 10:21 PM
Paul, I will talk to the guys I am going with and see if they want to go. If so, we will be there!

Fred,

Drag their sorry butts out there, or just hitch ride w/me.

ukroper
10-15-2008, 06:44 AM
4 from England..and 2 yankee-doodles..:D

Chris L.
10-15-2008, 07:20 AM
Looks like we are going to have a good turn out. I really am looking forward to this. Please don't leave the wives, bring who ever is with you.

everetkhorton
10-15-2008, 08:09 AM
Ev,

Bring the wife and man the table after dinner, it'll be early in the week you'll have plenty of time to sell your gear.

Paul:
It will all depend on when they open the vender's room. If I was sell item for myself, no problem I would do it in a minute. But the item are sold for NAFA, and I feel I should do my best, or not do it at all. This is a time to make some extra money for NAFA. JMO.

Ken S.
10-15-2008, 05:30 PM
I'm trying hard to make plans to come and would love to meet up w/ you guys. It's a long way to drive for a few days hawking but last time I drove out there for the NAFA meet I noticed there were great game populations for starting a new hawk, and I just happen to have one. :)

Chris L.
10-16-2008, 06:36 AM
I'm trying hard to make plans to come and would love to meet up w/ you guys. It's a long way to drive for a few days hawking but last time I drove out there for the NAFA meet I noticed there were great game populations for starting a new hawk, and I just happen to have one. :)

Ken not to mention plenty of crazyybeeer, going on.. come on you gotta go!!!

FredFogg
10-16-2008, 09:48 AM

Ken, there are 5 of us in NC that are going and we are trying to figure out how to go with only one vehicle and it looks like we may need two cars. If you want to drop down to go across I-40 with us, I would be glad to ride with you or one of the other guys if you don't like my ugly mug. We planned on leaving on Friday the 21st, as we are going trapping through Kansas on the 22nd and will arrive in Amarillo on Saturday evening. Just an idea! I would help with the gas, take turns filling it up. Let me know!

redtailnut
10-21-2008, 01:24 PM

Paul hope you got room for three more at the Texas Steak House Monday night two Brits and one from CA were driving from CA on Wednesday hoping to see some trapping on the way arriving Saturday night hopefully in time for the Chris Comeaux dinner as well.

Mike.

Saluqi
10-22-2008, 11:08 AM
Plenty of room Mike, going over the posts above I only counted 13 to maybe 18 if Fred and company make it.

wesleyc6
10-22-2008, 01:56 PM
There is an outside chance I will make it for the dinner

Saluqi
10-22-2008, 04:22 PM

Dude, just come and eat and spend the night. I don't think Chris would mind if you bunked with him, right Chris?

Jimmy
10-22-2008, 06:40 PM

What time does it get dark at your place, Wes? I understand we're headed to your place on Monday. If the hunting is good, we might not let you quit guiding for us in time to make it to the dinner.........:D

Chris L.
10-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Dude, just come and eat and spend the night. I don't think Chris would mind if you bunked with him, right Chris?

Domski,
Hell no he can't:eek:!!!, But, we can get a roll away for the room. If staying some where is the question, we can make room for sure.

Come on Wes you gotta go man, hell man this is the first ever NAFEX dinner. Its going to be a good time...

Saluqi
10-22-2008, 08:55 PM
What time does it get dark at your place, Wes? I understand we're headed to your place on Monday. If the hunting is good, we might not let you quit guiding for us in time to make it to the dinner.........:D

Sunset for that day is 5:37.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=782&month=11&year=2008&obj=sun&afl=-11&day=1

wesleyc6
10-22-2008, 10:35 PM
Domski,
Hell no he can't:eek:!!!, But, we can get a roll away for the room. If staying some where is the question, we can make room for sure.

Come on Wes you gotta go man, hell man this is the first ever NAFEX dinner. Its going to be a good time...

I will probably go. It is tough because I will be off Thurs, Fri, Sat and have to preach on Sunday still. I will start working extra hard...............well extra hard for me;)

I don't think Chris and I can share a bed. Remember he just told someone I was pretty on the pilot thread. I am scared:eek:

Chris L.
10-23-2008, 05:48 AM
I don't think Chris and I can share a bed. Remember he just told someone I was pretty on the pilot thread. I am scared:eek:

(welc):D

Ken S.
10-29-2008, 03:25 PM
Well... looks like I can't make it to the meet this year so y'all can scratch me off the dinner list. I'm pretty bummed about it but, maybe next year. :(

wesleyc6
11-06-2008, 04:04 PM
I will probably go. It is tough because I will be off Thurs, Fri, Sat and have to preach on Sunday still. I will start working extra hard...............well extra hard for me;)

Wow, how cool! The Guideon called me and wanted to come preach. Guess when he is coming????????????? On the 30th, so I can take that Monday off I guess and come see you hooligans.

Chris L.
11-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Good to hear Wes.. We are going to have a good time for sure.

I Cant believe NAFA is almost here. The time flew buy.

Be seeing you suckers soon enough..

really looking forward to meeting you allbeeer

Peregrine At Heart
11-08-2008, 05:06 PM
I'm gonna try and make it....don't see no reason why I couldn't. It would be great to meet a bunch of you! :)

Chris L.
11-08-2008, 07:08 PM
I'm gonna try and make it....don't see no reason why I couldn't. It would be great to meet a bunch of you! :)

Please do!! We are going to have a good time

for those that do make it, I have a nice little thank you gifts for coming. So If you are coming I really need to know so I can get a close head count so i can bring enough for everyone.

let me know guys!!

Chris L.
11-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Ok looks like we have 14 for sure and 6 maybe's

Fred, any word if you and the 5 are coming... Noah you coming?

Let us know guys

Everyone else Please post here so Paul and I can make the necessary arrangements

really looking forward to meeting everyone

FredFogg
11-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Chris, I am definately coming and there should be 2 guys with me. So put us down for 3.

Thanks to you and Paul for arranging this! Great idea!

Chris L.
11-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Chris, I am definately coming and there should be 2 guys with me. So put us down for 3.

Thanks to you and Paul for arranging this! Great idea!

Fred

Great! so that makes 17.

No problem.. Paul is arranging the room, thanks again Paul for getting this together.

looks like its going to be a good turn outbeeer

Saluqi
11-12-2008, 05:18 PM
The reservation is for 25, so we'll just keep it there and if more show then we'll figure it out. No matter what it's going to be a good time!

Jimmy
11-12-2008, 06:25 PM
I'm gonna start a new poll.......
We'll call it.... "Who's paying for the dinner?"
We'll limit the choices to 3 people, and the choices will be:
1) Chris Lynn
2) Chris Lynn
3) Chris Lynn
Which ever person gets the most votes, pays. Sound fair enough????

Heatherg
11-12-2008, 06:33 PM
clappclappclapp

wesleyc6
11-12-2008, 06:34 PM
1) Chris Lynn
2) Chris Lynn
3) Chris Lynn

chris lynn

Jimmy
11-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Heck, there's no sense in dragging this out. We'll make it even more simpler. The first person to get 3 votes, pays.

FredFogg
11-12-2008, 06:53 PM
I am having a tough time with this one, but I choose number 2! :D

Chris L.
11-12-2008, 07:21 PM
1) Chris Lynn
2) Chris Lynn
3) Chris Lynn

Damn it Jimmy,

This poll sucks!!!helppfishslap

your ugly mug better show up as well.

Jimmy
11-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Seems only fitting that since it's a nafex dinner, the nafex man himself foots the bill.....

FredFogg
11-12-2008, 08:07 PM
I am with Jimmy on this one! LOL And I promise, I won't order the 72 oz steak! :eek:

I also think we should have another poll on who buys the the drinks.

1. Jimmy
2. Jimmy
3. Jimmy

Vote now or forever buy your own drinks! toungeout:D

Jimmy
11-12-2008, 08:12 PM
As long as you're all drinking water.......... :D

Actually Fred, you must not have read the poll rules...... The starter of any polls after the first one is thereby delared to be stuck with the dinner bill and drinks. And if you read the really fine print, it's says 72 ouncers all around........

It's a good thing you're splitting costs with Dan and friends, 'cause you just hooked a big dinner check. Best bring the credit card!

FredFogg
11-12-2008, 08:26 PM
As long as you're all drinking water.......... :D

Actually Fred, you must not have read the poll rules...... The starter of any polls after the first one is thereby delared to be stuck with the dinner bill and drinks. And if you read the really fine print, it's says 72 ouncers all around........

It's a good thing you're splitting costs with Dan and friends, 'cause you just hooked a big dinner check. Best bring the credit card!

Jimmy, I don't have a credit card, I is too poor! toungeout Unless they take a Lowe's Home Improvement credit card! LOL :D

Chris L.
11-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Seems only fitting that since it's a nafex dinner, the nafex man himself foots the bill.....

frus

everetkhorton
11-12-2008, 10:32 PM
The reservation is for 25, so we'll just keep it there and if more show then we'll figure it out. No matter what it's going to be a good time!

Paul:
Count me in.

GregMik
11-12-2008, 11:34 PM
Just to let you all know....This has been done before. The first (and last) Gamehawkers (Yahoo list) dinner was held in the same place. I think I have pics somewhere.

I am new to the forum...am I stil invited? I am a vendor also so we will see. I may be able to drag Tasha along also.

Sounds like a fun evening with a great bunch of ppl!!

Greg

FredFogg
11-12-2008, 11:44 PM
Just to let you all know....This has been done before. The first (and last) Gamehawkers (Yahoo list) dinner was held in the same place. I think I have pics somewhere.

I am new to the forum...am I stil invited? I am a vendor also so we will see. I may be able to drag Tasha along also.

Greg

Ummm, Jimmy, doesn't the new guy buy the drinks? LOL :D

Greg, it isn't my party, but I for one would love to see you and Tasha there!

GregMik
11-12-2008, 11:59 PM

Greg, it isn't my party, but I for one would love to see you and Tasha there!

Ummm....I will prolly have to work the table....toungeout

Greg

Jimmy
11-13-2008, 12:41 AM

Sorry, Fred.... But you're not weaseling out of the bill that easily......

Chris L.
11-13-2008, 08:32 AM

Greg

Greg,

anyone who is a NAFEX member and their families can come to it. So come on and get you a big A$$ steak!

Paul:
Count me in.

Ev, Glad to hear your going to make it. clapp

I like that the cost of this dinner has shifted from me :D. Thanks guys!!!!

ok we are up to around 20 people. beeer

redtailnut
11-13-2008, 01:29 PM
Made it! got to CA last night goin Hawking from saturday after weve been to monterey will arrive in Amarillo next Saturday if the drive goes OK so three confirmed for the Steak House on Mondaypeacee

Mike

Chris L.
11-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Made it! got to CA last night goin Hawking from saturday after weve been to monterey will arrive in Amarillo next Saturday if the drive goes OK so three confirmed for the Steak House on Mondaypeacee

Mike

Mike,
good to hear you made it safe.. already had 3 of you counted in..

have a good time.. take some pics and post em...

Paul go behind me and make sure I have the numbers right if you dont mind

Saluqi
11-13-2008, 04:25 PM
Please Check the table to make sure that if you are attending the dinner that I have the numbers correct. Thanks.

Heatherg
11-13-2008, 04:52 PM
Paul,
I think I am included in Gaz's 6. But it should be 7 anyway.:D

Jimmy
11-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Paul, if I come, there will be 3 of us......

Chris L.
11-13-2008, 06:47 PM
Ok cool, as of now 21 are definitely coming...

if anyone else knows if the are coming for sure, let us know. We will make arrangements for those who have committed...

We understand that some have other obligations.. hope to see most of you there

kenbro77
11-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Wish I could, but I won't reach NAFA till Tuesday night. I have to work Monday and Tuesday.

Chris L.
11-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Wish I could, but I won't reach NAFA till Tuesday night. I have to work Monday and Tuesday.

no problem.. travel safe. Lets try and meet up when you get there. Will you be at the meet hotel?

Peregrine At Heart
11-27-2008, 01:05 AM
Hey, I just wanted to appologize for not making the dinner....I didn't want to miss the seminar that night (I didn't know about it until the day of), which started the same time the dinner did. It was the one with Gary Brewer talking about hunting with Red-tails and I figured that I should listen in since I will be starting with a Red-tail. I heard knowledge is power! lol I hope it went good and everyone had fun. :)

Takasho
12-02-2008, 01:30 PM
I took a couple pics of the dinner but they didn't really turn out. There were two tables so here's one of each.

Again, not that great of pics but they're all I got:
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj41/Takasho/NAFA2008005.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj41/Takasho/NAFA2008007.jpg

Chris L.
12-02-2008, 05:27 PM
I really want to take the time to thank everyone who showed up to the dinner. It really meant a lot to me and I was shocked to see how many people came. It was great to say hello to everyone and meet you all face to face.

This is going to be a annual thing now at the NAFA meet, so if you are coming to NAFA next year please try to stop by and say hello.

For those who couldnt make it here are some pictures of what the big texan looks like and some of the members

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Nafex/IMG_0872.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Nafex/IMG_0873.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Nafex/IMG_0874.jpg

The Bull before NAFEX got there !!!;)

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Nafex/IMG_0871.jpg

The Members!!

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Nafex/IMG_0875.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Nafex/IMG_0876.jpg

The bull After we left!!!

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Nafex/IMG_0879.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Nafex/IMG_0881.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Nafex/IMG_0882.jpg

had a blast guys.. For the person who left the NAFEX stickers on the bull.. love it!! you know who you are!!!clapp

Eragon
12-04-2008, 09:16 PM
I didn't know any GLFA guys were down there! I'll have to bugg 'em about it! Scott H. and Martin H.(different H name though).

Looks like a blast! Maybe I get to hang out with you all down there next time!

everetkhorton
12-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Jimmy:
Who was sitting to your right at the NAFWX dinner? Wes the same person was sitting to your left.frus Chris he was across the table from you.

Jimmy
12-29-2008, 04:56 PM
Paul (Saluki) was to my right, but not to Wes's left or across from Chris..........