PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Hawking Club 2009 Winter Field Meet

KidK
10-25-2008, 01:48 PM
The Michigan Hawking Club 2009 Winter Field Meet will be January 31st , 2009 at the Livingston Conservation & Sports Association complex in Brighton, Michigan.

This family friendly gathering is the premier event in Michigan falconry and one not to be missed! Public Welcome!

Registration & Breakfast: 8:00am until 10:00am
Lunch: 12:00pm to 2:00pm
Dinner: 6:00pm to 8:00pm & 50/50
Auction: Immediately following dinner

Hawking parties meet at first light and start making plans for the morning hunts. Numerous groups will be headed hawking throughout the morning hours. After lunch, groups will be headed out until dark.

Sunday is strictly a hawking day and the clubhouse will NOT be open to meeting. Make your Sunday meeting/hawking plans on Saturday!

There are only a few requirements we ask of you to attend:

1. Participate in the auction! It’s fun & really helps the club raise the needed funds to perform the legislative tasks, helps put on these field meets, the picnics, & various other volunteer projects throughout the year. Please bring an item(s) to auction & a pocket full of money!!

2. Bring a side dish to pass for lunch or dinner! The club supplies the deli tray for lunch & the meat for dinner. Please bring something to go along with lunch or dinner. E-mail Sandye or John at sjbooy@comcast.net. with what you might want to bring so we can cut down on duplicates & really enjoy some of your favorite specialties, Please remember to label & pick up your dishes so we can return them to the right person!

3. Do not bring alcohol! Unfortunately, the Livingston Conservation & Sports Association doesn’t have the proper licensing & we don’t want to get them into trouble!

4. Bring your family or invite your friends!

5. COME HAWKING WITH US AND HAVE FUN!

Directions to Livingston Conservation & Sports Association:

From US-23 & M-59: Exit West to Old US-23 South. Go about 1 mile & turn right onto McClements Road, drive another mile or so & the grounds are on the left side at the stone gate.

From I-96 to Brighton: Exit 145 Grand River, West to Hacker Rd North. Go about ¾ mile & turn right onto McClements. Drive another mile & the grounds are on the right side at the stone gate.

Or:

http://lcsa.info/index.php

http://lcsa.info/index.php?option=com_gmaps&task=viewmap&Itemid=49&mapId=1

Registration forms will be mailed to all licensed Michigan falconers soon and are also available by e-mailing Kory Koch @ korykoch@michiganhawkingclub.com. Please put "MEET REGISTRATION" on the header of your message.

As always, we look forward to seeing everyone & happy hunting!

Kory Koch
MHC Public Relations
korykoch@michiganhawkingclub.com

KidK
01-04-2009, 09:01 AM
Just bringing this up a bit higher on the list of events.. Our meet will be at the end of this month!

Hope some of you might be able to make it!

frootdog
01-04-2009, 02:56 PM
But are you giving away a free dog with each room like they are in PA?

KidK
01-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Krys,

If you come up for the meet, I will give you a free dog..

It may be a pitbull or a border collie from the local shelter, but it will be a dog..:D

everetkhorton
01-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Krys,

If you come up for the meet, I will give you a free dog..

It may be a pitbull or a border collie from the local shelter, but it will be a dog..:D

clapp

goshawks00
01-04-2009, 10:32 PM
By the time it comes from the pound it won't be free by a long shot...
We do give free rooms if your name starts with McD....though.

Dirthawking
01-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Give him a poodle!boxingg

frootdog
01-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Give him a poodle!boxingg

HaHa. When do I get my dog from you?

Gyrcel
01-10-2009, 12:58 AM
KidK.

Do we have to join your club?

Since I'm from Illinois I have to ask...

goshawks00
01-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Mike,
Kory's not answering so Ii will..no you don't have to be a member to come though there is a meet fee.
Barry

voslerdo
02-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Hey guys....How was the meet?

everetkhorton
02-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Scott:
The meet was a lot of fun. The ladies feed us like food was going out of style. I am not sure how much game was taken but the two different groups I went out with got sqr. and rabbits. I left early, but thing were shaping up for a good raffle. I am not sure how many people were there but I would guess from 70-90. But I am not real good at numbers. I talked with to guy that have flown Cooper's Hawk, both passage and imprint eyes. The weather wasn't bad. Had a tracking snow. I had a good time. Sorry you could not make it.

KidK
02-08-2009, 09:10 AM
Dr Scott,

Sorry for the delay in a reply..

The meet was fun! We had an awesome turn out (over 100 people), great food and actually managed to catch some rabbits and squirrels between the redtails.

There was between 10" and 16" of snow in most areas (and more in others!) and it was soft and fluffy, tough going for most crews but few complained.

We had two falconers come up from Georgia, Mitchel and Chris, with a peregrine and a wicked fast male redtail. Dianne Moller, the NAFA Great Lakes Director, came from Wisconsin with her hybrid "Harley" and gave us a long wing demo.

Though we did not make it back to see the donated items on the silent auction table (we hawked until dark), the live auction was a ball with some great competition between bidders on the high range items.

You donated frame and matted print was the last auction item and ended up going home with Tim Reilly (who brought it down to the meet for you!). I was able to tell the story behind Christopher Walden painting it, you donating it, dropping it off to Tim while in Michigan hawking and it coming to the auction. Tim said he had to be the winning bidder because he got used to it being hung on his wall in the living room. HA!

The print Scott donated is here: http://www.natureartists.com/artists/artist_artwork.asp?ArtistID=87&ArtworkID=5358

Thanks again Scott. We hope you can make it up for some hawking yet this year. Our pheasants go until the 28th of February and rabbits until March 31st.

If you are ever passing through Central Michigan, give me a shout, I would like to take you out for lunch or dinner.

voslerdo
02-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Hope to make it soon....I'll keep in touch.

BestBeagler
02-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Hope to make it soon....I'll keep in touch.

Scott:
Your welcome to come up here anytime as well. Those pheasants still have to meet your Goshawk. Or we could chase some bunnies if you prefer. I went out hunting yesterday and this morning with Craig. Yesterday we got 1 squirrel and 2 bunnies. This morning she was a bit heavy but we bagged another bunny. It was a cool flight out in the open and you could see everything. I said to Craig that this was almost too easy like flying bagged game almost :) Isaac

voslerdo
02-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Hopefully the weather will continue to be mild here and I can get out more. I'll be shooting for the weekend after next. Keep an eye on those birds!

BestBeagler
02-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Hopefully the weather will continue to be mild here and I can get out more. I'll be shooting for the weekend after next. Keep an eye on those birds!

Sounds good! Isaac