PDA

View Full Version : NAFA meet here I come

Heatherg
11-14-2008, 02:18 PM
The count down has begun!!!! Hopefully by this time tomorrow I will be on my way South:D For the last few years, I have taken the opportunity to go hawking for 2 weeks and I am almost there! I am stopping a few times to do some hawking along the way, but am planning on being in Amarillo by thursday next week. Can't wait to meet some new friends and visit with my extended "family". I hope all of you that are traveling to the meet have safe travels and can't wait for some of the best hawking out there!!! See Ya'll Soon!!!! toungeout
PS I think Ev may have posted a thread about the dangers of CO2, PLEASE KEEP YOUR BIRDS AND DOGS SAFE!!!!!!!!!!

Saluqi
11-14-2008, 02:31 PM
Have fun hawking across the country!!! Be safe.

redtailman
11-14-2008, 03:22 PM
The count down has begun!!!! Hopefully by this time tomorrow I will be on my way South:D For the last few years, I have taken the opportunity to go hawking for 2 weeks and I am almost there! I am stopping a few times to do some hawking along the way, but am planning on being in Amarillo by thursday next week. Can't wait to meet some new friends and visit with my extended "family". I hope all of you that are traveling to the meet have safe travels and can't wait for some of the best hawking out there!!! See Ya'll Soon!!!! toungeout
PS I think Ev may have posted a thread about the dangers of CO2, PLEASE KEEP YOUR BIRDS AND DOGS SAFE!!!!!!!!!!
see you saterday

Heatherg
11-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Thanks Paul!!! See ya there. Oh Yeah.....and good luck on winning the dog!!

See you Saturday Adrian!! Travel Safe!

Chris L.
11-14-2008, 03:53 PM
heather,
have fun traveling.. looking forward to meeting you

be safe!

Heatherg
11-14-2008, 04:36 PM
Thanks Chris!
See Ya soon! Travel Safe:D

Takasho
11-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Have a safe drive. Hope to see you there!

I don't know if you remember but you let me tag along for a hunt at last years meet. At least I think this is you...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_MuNtrSS5HEo/R0hy3xnp36I/AAAAAAAAAH4/W7NlYroi8nY/s1600/DSC04950.JPG

Heatherg
11-14-2008, 06:20 PM
Couldn't open the pic Issac, but I do remember you. We didn't catch much, but I think we had fun anyway! See ya at the meet.

GregMik
11-14-2008, 06:53 PM
I still have another week of work to do before I can even think about leaving.

Greg

Heatherg
11-14-2008, 06:55 PM
SORRY!!!! Any word on when Tasha and TIna are leaving???

GregMik
11-14-2008, 06:59 PM
SORRY!!!! Any word on when Tasha and TIna are leaving???

Tina says Monday early. Tasha says if it is any later then she is going to drive herself.

Greg

Takasho
11-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Let's try this way:

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj41/Takasho/DSC04950.jpg

Heatherg
11-14-2008, 07:23 PM
Yep That be me!!! I had lots of fun!!

Heatherg
12-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Made it home after a short 3 week trip on the road. It was great to meet you Paul and Chris. I only wish I could have hung out with you guys more!! I hope the dogs are doing well. Paul.....New Mexico is at the top of my list for a late season hunt!!!:D Hopefully I can make it happen.

Krys L. it was great HAWKING with you. Had a blast, hopefully I wasn't too much of a "B*%CH" in the fieldtoungeouttoungeout You have a GREAT BIRD!

To everyone that I didn't get a chance to fly with, socialize with, talk to or see at some point during the meet. I am truley sorry. I was a bit more focused on hunting this year, and for the first time ever at a meet, my birds came first, and it paid off!!! I had the best meet ever for me personally as far as learning for the "experts", and having my birds be successful, and I guess that came with some sacrifice!

ALL 3 birds caught jacks, even my little 620g male HH. (he had one before the meet, and one on the last day!) I was able get one of my FHH through some confidence issues, and she came back around and finished out or time in TX with 2 back to back days of catching a pair of jacks solo. My other FHH put on a performance that made me proud, and the breeders of her, even more so! They loved her. So all in all it was great meet. I hope everyone that was there had as much fun as I did. For those that have never hunted in Amarillo before, or maybe for only a short time, may not know the "gift" we were given for the weather and wind!!! It was truley exceptional all around.

Now it back to reality, and the 15 degree weather, and 30mph winds here at home.....I can't believe I left AMARILLO for this!!! Oh well...what the saying "I'll BE BACK"!!!!!

I will try and get the few pics I took posted soon.

Saluqi
12-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Hi Heather,

It was great meeting you as well. You're more than welcome to join us anytime for some jack hunting, we don't have quite the numbers as Amarillo, but we do have some pretty good fields.

The dog is doing great!! We changed her name to Anne, she is so sweet, everyone here loves her dearly!!

Keep in touch.

Yorkshire Hawker
12-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Hello Heather, reading your write up its clear to see you had a fantastic time at the meeting and I for one are really pleased for youclapp
All that remains for me to say is pictures.

Chris L.
12-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Heather,
good to meet you as well. I hope next time we all can do a little more hawking together. Our short schedule didn't leave Paul and I much time to hang out in Amarillo. Be careful going to new MExico.. you will want to stay!!!

Pete is doing great. he is adjusting well and Talyor ( my WHV) loves hima nd he is a great addition to our family. Thank you!

frootdog
12-06-2008, 11:42 PM
Krys L. it was great HAWKING with you. Had a blast, hopefully I wasn't too much of a "B*%CH" in the fieldtoungeouttoungeout You have a GREAT BIRD!

You were an angel in the field.;) I had a blast as well. Thank you for the compliment. I owe you big time for your help. Thanks to you and your birds I was able to catch my first jack rabbit ever.... and a few more after that one. I will let you tell the story of the ride there and back...how many exits did you miss? We have to do it again some time.

Heatherg
12-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Hello Heather, reading your write up its clear to see you had a fantastic time at the meeting and I for one are really pleased for youclapp
All that remains for me to say is pictures.

Thanks !! I forgot the camera today, but will do it for sure tomorrow. I don't have many and no action shots! (Can't even begin to compete with the shots Ive seen on here.) But there are a few. :D

Heatherg
12-08-2008, 01:36 PM
You were an angel in the field.;) I had a blast as well. Thank you for the compliment. I owe you big time for your help. Thanks to you and your birds I was able to catch my first jack rabbit ever.... and a few more after that one. I will let you tell the story of the ride there and back...how many exits did you miss? We have to do it again some time.

Wow, NEVER been called an angel before THANKS!!!:D No prob. Its fun seeing people get excited about jacks like I am. I can truely say Im an addict! As for the stories regarding our trip.....Krys and I got to talking, and talking and talking and TALKING!!! I have never missed more than 1 exit, and on this trip I missed 4!!!! Not knowing exactley where I was going didn't help much either!! But hey, WE GOT THERE, didn't we! It was a lot of fun!

Heatherg
12-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Hi Heather,

It was great meeting you as well. You're more than welcome to join us anytime for some jack hunting, we don't have quite the numbers as Amarillo, but we do have some pretty good fields.

The dog is doing great!! We changed her name to Anne, she is so sweet, everyone here loves her dearly!!

Keep in touch.

AWESOME!!!! She spent many nights sleeping on the bed with me, and being just being "SPOILED". THanks so much for the invite!! Not many places have the jacks that Amarillo does, butthey are still my fav to hunt.
:D

frootdog
12-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Thanks !! I forgot the camera today, but will do it for sure tomorrow. I don't have many and no action shots! (Can't even begin to compete with the shots Ive seen on here.) But there are a few. :D

Still waiting................confusedd

Heatherg
12-10-2008, 04:09 PM
can't figure out how to post them.........I know I am dumb.....but I can't do it all everyday:D:D

frootdog
12-10-2008, 11:30 PM
can't figure out how to post them.........I know I am dumb.....but I can't do it all everyday:D:D

http://www.nafex.net/showthread.php?t=1407
There you go no more excuses, just shut up and do it.toungeout