PDA

View Full Version : Harris' lost in Nebraska

Flatwater Falconer
11-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Tiercel, 21 ounce, wearing bells, field jesses and his federal band. Near Grand Island, Nebraska, friday afternoon, Nov 7.

I've alerted the game warden, sherriff, our state rehab people and talked to 2 dozen land owners downwind from where he flew. Spent 3 days searching. Nothing.

He's 17 years old and a wonderful hunting partner. If you see or hear of him please pm me right away. I can only hope he heads south for the winter. It is quite out of character for him to fly off in spite of a very windy situation with winds of maybe 30mph and gusts higher.

Thanks all.

Chris L.
11-17-2008, 10:01 PM
Donna, wishing you the best.. good luck i have been there before

so sorry

goshawks00
11-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Telemetry frequency?

kimmerar
11-17-2008, 11:55 PM
I hope you find him Donna - keep us informed.

Flatwater Falconer
11-18-2008, 09:45 AM
Hi All,

The bird doesn't have a transmitter. Only regular gear as mentioned above.

It's likely someone will spot him. I haven't lost hope. Searching for that flying needle in the haystack is challenging.

Thanks for the well wishes. I'll sure let you know when I get him back.

Best,

Peregrine At Heart
11-18-2008, 07:00 PM
If he somehow makes it over here to Lincoln and I spot him, I'll sure let you know! Hope you find him!!!

Flatwater Falconer
11-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Amanda,

Thanks very much. Any and all pairs of eyes are most appreciated.

There are several falconers in the Lincoln area. Have you been in touch with them or visited our web site?

Best,

Peregrine At Heart
11-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Actually, I just viewed the website just a minute ago. :) Very nicely put together. I there's only been one Lincoln falconer I've talked to....for the life of me, I can't remember his name, however he represent NFA at the '07 NAFA meet. Funny thing is, we both recognized eachother but couldn't figure out where from. Then we remembered that I had sold him some Sugar Gliders a few months back! Lol. Haven't talked to him since then, though. I would love to get in touch/back in touch with some Lincoln falconers. I'm being deployed here real soon and would love to go out and hunt with someone and their bird before I have to go. I'll be pretty busy from the 1st of Dec to the 21st of Dec, but after then, things should cool down until the 15th of Jan. I'll be at the NAFA meet this year too.

Flatwater Falconer
11-22-2008, 08:17 PM
Still haven't found my bird.

Haven't given up hope yet.

Several have inquired so thought I'd post here prior to leaving for Amarillo Sunday.

Thanks for all the well wishes. I know many of you have been in this same situation and it stinks.