PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Alabama.

falconstrike87
11-18-2008, 12:33 PM
Hello all! My name is Samantha, I currently live in Madison, Alabama. I'm not yet an apprentice but hopefully will get my license after a wedding in Dec and moving to a house.

I've always enjoyed watching and learning about falconery but never had the chance or time. I used to be a big soccer person, year round, but now that that is all over with, I can finally persue falconry.

I usually browse the A.F. forums but the local falconer that I'm getting to know suggested this one. :-D

Chris L.
11-18-2008, 02:01 PM
Hey samantha!

Welcome to NAFEX. We are a laid back group!!

Do you have a sponsor?

Congrats on the wedding!! I wish you many great years

please dont hesitate to post.

again Welcome

Ross.Spafford
11-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Hi,

I'm a 2nd year apprentice in auburn. Got quite a few falconers down this way and in dothan. Have you had a chance to go out hunting with anyone yet?

falconstrike87
11-18-2008, 03:21 PM
Thank you for the intro! I'm also a very laid back type of girl with an odd sense of humor. I do not have a sponsor yet and I don't want to ask until I'm 100% that I can go ahead and work on my license so first leap is getting married then house. >.<

But I've been talking to Rick Schell up here and he is actually the one that suggested this site. I went over to his house and got to see his mews and his harris hawk and his hybrid. Awesome birds! And yesterday he took me out hunting. I had a blast and I think I sort of confused him because I a had a big smile on my face after we left.

Raptorick
11-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Thank you for the intro! I'm also a very laid back type of girl with an odd sense of humor. I do not have a sponsor yet and I don't want to ask until I'm 100% that I can go ahead and work on my license so first leap is getting married then house. >.<

But I've been talking to Rick Schell up here and he is actually the one that suggested this site. I went over to his house and got to see his mews and his harris hawk and his hybrid. Awesome birds! And yesterday he took me out hunting. I had a blast and I think I sort of confused him because I a had a big smile on my face after we left.

Welcome to the site. This site has some good information and they will be good to you. I think you will meet some friends here too.
I was not really confused, Just impressed to see a girl smile when a bunny squeals. You handled it well! Lets go catch some more!;)

falconstrike87
11-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Welcome to the site. This site has some good information and they will be good to you. I think you will meet some friends here too.
I was not really confused, Just impressed to see a girl smile when a bunny squeals. You handled it well! Lets go catch some more!;)

Yah, i've pretty much been sitting here reading a lot of the material already. My poor little head feels like it's going to explode. lol.

But it's good to know that you weren't confused! And I agree, we need to go catch some more! Maybe I'm lucky and we will get a good flush. :D

Rooster
03-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Glad to meet you! The family and I are looking forward to seeing you in April.

outhawkn
03-24-2009, 10:11 AM
(welc)(welc)

hawkgirl
04-11-2009, 12:48 PM
hi, (welc) to the site . I am about to become a apprentice too. My name is maddie and i live near Jacksonville area.

thunderheartiii
04-12-2009, 01:55 PM
(welc)

Rick Jameson
04-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Welcome to the site. I'm not close enough to sponsor you, but I'm willing to help if you need anything. I live just south of Memphis, and with any luck will be flying a gos next season. Again, welcome, and I hope falconry is as good to you as it has been to me.
Rick
Holly Springs, MS