PDA

View Full Version : Utah Sky Trails 2009

shehawka
11-22-2008, 10:59 PM
Checked the website today and saw that they have a date up.
Field meet on February 19
The trials are on February 20 and 21

No other details yet, But I assuming same schedule as in years past

-Melissa

Takasho
02-25-2009, 06:38 PM
Anyone go to the Utah Skytrials? It was held last weekend on the 20-21st.

I had a buddy attend the Friday portion of the meet and he said it was pretty small but Friday usually is...

idbirdman
02-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Hey Isaac, I was there. Missed seeing you there. Friday was a bit smaller, but like you said it alway is. There was a couple of very memorable flights though. The first was a bird that was real high and not wanting to respond to the pigeon. The pigeon was making all sorts of evasive manuvers, flying over the crowd. On the second pass over the crowd the pigeon decided to hide in the back of an open truck where there was a very large hungry Red Tail sitting, just waiting to grab the bird.
The second day, there was a bird that was flying real nice but was not wanting to respond to anything. After quite a while of waiting for the lost bird to respond, they started to fly an RC plane that looked like a bird. After just a short flight with the RC plane, the lost bird come stooping down and grabbed the RC plane and coasted to the ground where it claimed it's prize. Both where pretty dang funny and are flights that I will always remember. Thanks Stephen

conorhawk
02-25-2009, 11:04 PM
hey idbirdman I think I met you at the meet in bakersfield my name is conor don't you have Vahe Dala's old peregrine?

Shehawker
02-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Went to all three days, The turnout Friday was small but the best flights happened that day as well, Sat the flights just seemed good nothing spectacular, but I usually spend more time socializing Saturday then Friday so I might have missed some good ones.
They have the pictures of the falcon taking down the RC plane on the website or here http://picasaweb.google.com/Falconwriter/2009UtahSkyTrials# (http://picasaweb.google.com/Falconwriter/2009UtahSkyTrials) , I will have to say that was hilarious, you have never seen a more happy falcon, and I was standing just a few yards away for the red-tail incident.

Good times

Takasho
02-26-2009, 11:11 AM
After just a short flight with the RC plane, the lost bird come stooping down and grabbed the RC plane and coasted to the ground where it claimed it's prize.

That's awesome. I hope the bird got full pursuit points! :D

idbirdman
02-26-2009, 01:53 PM
[QUOTE=conorhawk;69847]hey idbirdman I think I met you at the meet in bakersfield my name is conor don't you have Vahe Dala's old peregrine?[/QUOTE

Connor, I probably did. Are you Dave's apprentice? Stephen

conorhawk
02-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Dave cherry's apprentice and Vahe Dala's freind.