PDA

View Full Version : site being down

Chris L.
12-02-2008, 08:04 AM
Sorry for the site being down. It had to do with the renewal of the domain. It has nothing to do with the a virus or the site being hacked. I was informed that some of you were told that there was a virus and not to visit the site, NO there is not a virus on the site and you would not get one from visiting NAFEX.!!!!

The problem comes when domain names lapse. It take many hours for the DNS server to reset itself. That is why it was down

Sorry for the delay. Again nothing to worry about!!

thank you to all who emailed me that were worries about NAFEX. I appreciate you looking after the site

Raptorick
12-02-2008, 08:35 AM
I must be addicted. I missed it the little while it was down! You do a good job Chris! Thanks for your efforts.;)

outhawkn
12-02-2008, 09:18 AM
Well now thats interesting..........

I received a message from a member who said they had been in touch with you (Chris). And that the site had been hacked and that you knew about it and was working on it. Said member asked thier name not be included in the message I posted. It seemed a little odd but that member has posted on here a lot, so I accepted it. I appologies to all of you for having passed along bad info,that wont happen again...frus

Here is the message :
Hi Bill.
Yes, NAFEX has been hacked. Chris knows and I'm sure he is working on it.
But its very important that you dont click on anything there now. If you do your computer could be infected with spyware.
Someone has really done a nasty thing there. It wont be easy to fix and it can really mess your computer up.
I'm sure Chris will send everyone an e-mail when its safe to go back.
Here is the second message from said member: Bill I really dont post here much anymore.
Would you mind telling the people you know about the situation with NAFEX.
I dont want people getting their computers screwed up cause of whats happened.
You could say something on that thread, just please leave my name out of it.

Name withheld

Tom Scheib
12-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Well Bill it WAS a pretty gal with a nice looking backpack

have a great day

outhawkn
12-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Well Bill it WAS a pretty gal with a nice looking backpack

have a great day

LOL.it still ticks me off though..ok not enough to lose any sleep...:D

Chris L.
12-02-2008, 10:51 AM
Well now thats interesting..........

I received a message from a member who said they had been in touch with you (Chris). And that the site had been hacked and that you knew about it and was working on it. Said member asked their name not be included in the message I posted. It seemed a little odd but that member has posted on here a lot, so I accepted it. I apologies to all of you for having passed along bad info,that wont happen again...frus

Here is the message :
Hi Bill.
Yes, NAFEX has been hacked. Chris knows and I'm sure he is working on it.
But its very important that you dont click on anything there now. If you do your computer could be infected with spy ware.
Someone has really done a nasty thing there. It wont be easy to fix and it can really mess your computer up.
I'm sure Chris will send everyone an e-mail when its safe to go back.
Here is the second message from said member: Bill I really dont post here much anymore.
Would you mind telling the people you know about the situation with NAFEX.
I dont want people getting their computers screwed up cause of whats happened.
You could say something on that thread, just please leave my name out of it.

Name withheld

WOW, that is crazy that this was sent out. I am a little perturbed by this. As NO member or person had any conversation with me about NAFEX being hacked. In fact, every member that did contact me I explained what had happened.

I am sorry if it scared those who believed this person.. i know I am freaked out by internet security and I too don't like being vulnerable. I do my best to keep everyone's computer safe and make NAFEX safe.

Again, all is ok and no one has a thing to worry about.. NAFEX was never hacked ( shakes head )

Thank you Bill for the heads up on this. I know you were trying to help keep the others safe from the info you heard.. Please next time come to the source. you have my email...

That goes to everyone as well.. I will email all members if something bad has happened. IF any doubts please contact me if you think something is wrong with NAFEX.. don't listen to third party BS.

Chris L.
12-02-2008, 10:52 AM
I must be addicted. I missed it the little while it was down! You do a good job Chris! Thanks for your efforts.;)

Rick no problem man.. i am glad you missed it. There was a little down time but I didn't have any control over it.

thank you for the kind words!!

goshawks00
12-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Glad nafex is back!! Tried contacting Wes about it being down ( sorry Chris didn't have your e/m address) but no response from Wes yet!!
Happy trails,
Barry

outhawkn
12-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Thank you Bill for the heads up on this. I know you were trying to help keep the others safe from the info you heard.. Please next time come to the source. you have my email...

Thanks for understanding Chris....and yes, I do have your email and will use it............:D

wesleyc6
12-02-2008, 11:31 AM
Glad nafex is back!! Tried contacting Wes about it being down ( sorry Chris didn't have your e/m address) but no response from Wes yet!!
Happy trails,
Barry

Barry, NAFEX was down, but will be backtoungeout

:D I didn't really have much of an answer for you when I read your email. By the time I got back home and had enough time, it was back up. I am on here a lot trying to check on things, but I do on occasion work and fly birds:D

FredFogg
12-02-2008, 02:27 PM
Chris, do you have any idea how bored I was at work last night with NAFEX down! Don't let it happen again!

Seriously, man, surfing the internet without NAFEX left me for a loop! stupd I even ventured over to that other forum on the other side of the pond, that is how bored I was! LOL

steveo_uk
12-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Glad the sites back up, was kind of worrying that something had gone wrong. By the way, your email must have been effected if the website was down.

Chris L.
12-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Chris, do you have any idea how bored I was at work last night with NAFEX down! Don't let it happen again!

Seriously, man, surfing the internet without NAFEX left me for a loop! stupd I even ventured over to that other forum on the other side of the pond, that is how bored I was! LOL

I know how you feel Fred. I kept checking NAFEX every so often.. I was going nuts!! Glad to know I am not the only crazyy one!!!

Glad the sites back up, was kind of worrying that something had gone wrong. By the way, your email must have been effected if the website was down.

Stephen,
No email was working. I use 2 separate emails.. all come to my main. I received plenty of emails from concerned members.. Thanks for those who did contact me

kimmerar
12-02-2008, 05:05 PM
I was in school yesterday and came home to no NAFEX - so I worked with the new bird and did homework. I'm an addict too:D.

Thanks for the great job you do Chris. It's a great place to hang out.

Chris L.
12-02-2008, 05:07 PM
good I have another one to help me feel better :D..

It was so good to meet you and your husband at NAFA. I really appreciate you taking the time to come and say hello. I hope the new coops is doing good?

I look forward to hanging out with you guys again

kimmerar
12-02-2008, 08:20 PM
good I have another one to help me feel better :D..

It was so good to meet you and your husband at NAFA. I really appreciate you taking the time to come and say hello. I hope the new coops is doing good?

I look forward to hanging out with you guys again

Thanks Chris. Hopefully next year I can be there the whole week instead of 2 days.

The coops is doing great (her demenor spell??? is the same) - I let her kill a grackle outside yesterday and she/we did great. She got nervous when I got a foot from her but she still took tidbits while she was eating. I learned from the NAFA meet that accipiters will bring out mixed opinions and people seem to get emotional about them :eek: but I believe alcohol helped with that too - so I'm keeping it quiet. I might name her Crush (to manly?) - because she crushes so hard with those feet. I couldn't have asked for a better first coops - someone with experience would love this bird. I'm still saying - I hope I don't screw her up but this site should help with all my questions (so far I haven't had many) - from previous post. If you want to hear more than send a pm.

Hopefully I'll get to meet some more people from here next year. Sorry to get off topic but you asked:D.

paganlove22
12-02-2008, 11:10 PM
I am soooo glad the forum is back up and running. For a minute I thought I got kicked out because I havent trapped a keeper yet. :D

kimmerar
12-03-2008, 12:30 AM
I am soooo glad the forum is back up and running. For a minute I thought I got kicked out because I havent trapped a keeper yet. :D

LOL - Jen - Chris isn't that bad!!!!