PDA

View Full Version : Roper says Hello

Roper
12-06-2008, 07:00 PM
just finally signed on today, i have been over at the other sight but I think this will be more to my way .. I ll stop back I have to go feed my birds .. its about 13 degrees here today gotta go check on them before it gets dark..
david

Roper
12-06-2008, 07:01 PM
;)
just finally signed on today, i have been over at the other sight but I think this will be more to my way .. I ll stop back I have to go feed my birds .. its about 13 degrees here today gotta go check on them before it gets dark..
david

GregMik
12-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Why didn't you answer your phone? You could have came hawkin with me and fished the gos out of the water for me.....;):D

Greg

Roper
12-06-2008, 07:05 PM
[quote=Roper;58763]just finally signed on today, i have been over at the other sight but I think this will be more to my way .. I ll stop back I have to go feed my birds .. its about 13 degrees here today gotta go check on them before it gets dark..ill be back in few just came back from amarillo
great meat ya noticed the way I spelled meet alot of good hawking.:D
david[ it is to cold today/quote]

Roper
12-06-2008, 07:53 PM
sorry bout that I didnt realize it was off. I sat here all day saying
Now why dont they call??duhhh the cold set in and my brain stiffens up and I get real slow.
to top it off i would have been a little slow.moving around . i went in on thursday and had my knee operated on .. I was planning on doing this when i got home from nafa .. I had plans on competing at the Denver Rodeo in January . but it seem a little stupid to compete when I havent roped a calf for about a month other than a couple of times in the practice pen and then I didnt tie them i just knot roped them so the can slide out of the loop after I rope them..
it is way to cold for the harris ..
and at the last flight of amarillo my redtail hit a barb wire fence.. took her into the raptor center,, she has a chunk of skin that kind of sticks out and the feathers look like a bow tie.. I was concerned about the insulating factor of removing the feathers ..she the vet of course gave no thought to the hawking season.. Thank god Pat R walked in and agreed with me .. will will take care of it in march

Eagle Owl
12-06-2008, 08:32 PM
Howdy David and welcome to NAFEX!!!!:D

Roper
12-06-2008, 09:08 PM
hey how yyall doin
sure miss the warm amarillo days it is about 13 degrees here going down to 3 my harris is in a heated chamber cant figure out where the hell is the sun and my redtail ..... well i just havent adjusted to the temp here yet..

guy I see you are here did you get the email i sent you the other day with the attachment of the roping atticle..

Tyack
12-06-2008, 09:09 PM
sorry bout that I didnt realize it was off. I sat here all day saying
Now why dont they call??duhhh the cold set in and my brain stiffens up and I get real slow.
to top it off i would have been a little slow.moving around . i went in on thursday and had my knee operated on .. I was planning on doing this when i got home from nafa .. I had plans on competing at the Denver Rodeo in January . but it seem a little stupid to compete when I havent roped a calf for about a month other than a couple of times in the practice pen and then I didnt tie them i just knot roped them so the can slide out of the loop after I rope them..
it is way to cold for the harris ..
and at the last flight of amarillo my redtail hit a barb wire fence.. took her into the raptor center,, she has a chunk of skin that kind of sticks out and the feathers look like a bow tie.. I was concerned about the insulating factor of removing the feathers ..she the vet of course gave no thought to the hawking season.. Thank god Pat R walked in and agreed with me .. will will take care of it in march

You sure it's the cold?? toungeoutnice to see u David! that other site is...well u knowfrus

Tyack
12-06-2008, 09:11 PM
hey how yyall doin
sure miss the warm amarillo days it is about 13 degrees here going down to 3 my harris is in a heated chamber cant figure out where the hell is the sun and my redtail ..... well i just havent adjusted to the temp here yet..

guy I see you are here did you get the email i sent you the other day with the attachment of the roping atticle..

Yes mate i did, don't know if u were trying to tell me something or what.:D
was i that bad at it??

Chris L.
12-06-2008, 09:21 PM
David,
met you at the NAFEX dinner.. Glad you finally made it over.

hope you had a great time in Amarillo.

great to meet you and I hope you enjoy NAFEX. Stay warm!!!

Roper
12-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Chris thanks for the welcome i do believe I will have more in common with the folks on this sight, not that there is anything wrong with the guys that seem to be across the way( across the pond ...what ever) , just a little more to relate to..

Guy No i didnt mean to suggest you were doing anything wrong it was just an article that I thought would help you guys.. just an FYI ,, that stands for " For Your Information' not anything else, you know me .. if I had something worth saying .. I'd say it..
Your mechanics on swinging the rope is quite good. Thats why when Cindy Swanson went out to learn to swing the rope , she went with you..

Guy I also followed up on your request to list me on your friend list .. I hope I did it rightstupd I am so inept at this stuff.
Gary is catching but as we have discussed he needs to deliver more from the elbow, if he would and you also practice from an elevated position, that will change your delivery and make it more correct by throwing more in a downward direction..
You never stop roping the bale as we say.. You never stop practicing

Next year when we go to Oklahoma, it is my understanding it is going to be in Woodward, by what I hear game is scarce in woodward except for quail, I know I can hook up with guys to rope down there and when you guys ride a slower horse and run some slow cattle you will see what I mean.
david.

frootdog
12-07-2008, 06:19 PM
Welcome aboard David. Take it from a disbarred mod of "that other site" this one IS much better.

Tyack
12-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Chris thanks for the welcome i do believe I will have more in common with the folks on this sight, not that there is anything wrong with the guys that seem to be across the way( across the pond ...what ever) , just a little more to relate to..

Guy No i didnt mean to suggest you were doing anything wrong it was just an article that I thought would help you guys.. just an FYI ,, that stands for " For Your Information' not anything else, you know me .. if I had something worth saying .. I'd say it..
Your mechanics on swinging the rope is quite good. Thats why when Cindy Swanson went out to learn to swing the rope , she went with you..

Guy I also followed up on your request to list me on your friend list .. I hope I did it rightstupd I am so inept at this stuff.
Gary is catching but as we have discussed he needs to deliver more from the elbow, if he would and you also practice from an elevated position, that will change your delivery and make it more correct by throwing more in a downward direction..
You never stop roping the bale as we say.. You never stop practicing

Next year when we go to Oklahoma, it is my understanding it is going to be in Woodward, by what I hear game is scarce in woodward except for quail, I know I can hook up with guys to rope down there and when you guys ride a slower horse and run some slow cattle you will see what I mean.
david.

David, I was kidding mate...I know you would've said something in texas. Anyway i've managed to read the article..very enlightening, (a good job takes a while....a miracle takes a little longer!!)

GregMik
12-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Welcome aboard David. Take it from a disbarred mod of "that other site" this one IS much better.

They let you go also? The place is falling apart......

Greg

frootdog
12-07-2008, 11:17 PM
They let you go also? The place is falling apart......

Greg

Show nuf. Like this place better anyway.

Heatherg
12-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Hey There...glad you could make it!:D

Roper
12-08-2008, 10:19 PM
thanks all .. just curious did anyone have trouble with the holiday inn over charging you ... I did . we paid the bill in full before I left and low and behold I get my visa bill and there is another $129.00 on it from Holiday Inn Amarillo. .. I phoned them this evening and they asked me to phone to acct rec. in the morning.. I am
boxinggkinda scary they can just add stuff to your bill... of course now I will have to pay it on this months bill and then next month I will get a credit hopefully.
thought it was a good meet, would have liked to have had a roping competition in the congragatin area ,like we did in Colorado ,would have been fun, but the chemistry just wasnt there for it this year. It wasnt bad ,, just different.

I do not think they anticipated the wonder of it all with dogs, and birds etc... I think it was a little overwelming to the corperate Holiday Inn mentallity..
frus:eek:

everetkhorton
12-09-2008, 03:34 PM
David:
Thanks for the heads up.

ukroper
12-29-2008, 06:23 PM
o H MY GOD!!..SHOULD BE MORE CONTROL OVER WHO IS/IS NOT ALOUD IN TO THE SITE..!!
SHEEEEITT..THERE GOES THE 'HOOD'..
Bloody ageing cowboys...get everywhere:eek:
Next thing, he will be telling you that Ad-Vil helpstoungeout:D

Any way..welcome...and thank you..mate..;)

Roper
12-29-2008, 10:33 PM
gaz man you just make me laugh, i sit with my hand over my mouth and just chuckle cant imagine what life was like before i got to know you guys.
good to hear from you or see you I never know which one to use. on this damn thing.
I have tenetive plans to go the the Texas hawking club meet in jan 16-19 ,, tennatively pj and anothe friend will be comming down ,, they are headed to louisiana to go roping, and then from the meet I will go over there and rope for a couple of weeks, the hopefully head to arizona for the month of feb and then come home in the middle of march depending on weather .. usually i come home for the tiimed event championships held at guthery Ok they are early this year like the first weekend in March usually they are the second weekend. or third,,
There is a meet in Arizona on the weekend of Jan 22 or so in Kingman AZ I might be able to make that I doubt it with the way my schedule is going.